LeBrun: DeBrincat will most likely be traded, agent has submitted list of preferred destinations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
If the deal can be done with Berggren and Boston's first and nothing more, I'm sold. Do not want Kubalik and would only take him if Detroit needs to clear a contract to fit in DeBrincat, and I don't believe that's the case anyway.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
notice chicago now sens trying to move him . reason being is a 5'7'' 165lb hockey player can not play a complete game

The Sens ideally want him under a decent contract with term. They’re not trying to move him because of the completeness of his game, they’re trying to move him because if they don’t move him this summer and he doesn’t budge on his demands then he stands to walk away next summer, and they’d rather get some value than none.
It has nothing to do with Ottawa. We wanted to lock him up long term, he said he doesnt want to stay here after next year. Thats why were shopping him to recoup some assets back, this was entirely DBC's decision to leave not ours.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
So Sens fans would rather have who out of Fabbri , Kubalik or Valeno off the Wings roster ?…. I imagine they are available

I assume Detroit is offering their later 1st then some other picks

Not wanting to give up good prospects. Which is holding things up

8 yr deal x8?
Kubalik

I wonder if the Kraken are legitimately interested then the sens could take Schwartz off of their hands. Freeing up cap.

Getting debrincat and shedding Schwartz would lead to a first round pick and a B level prospect no?

Even if it’s a rental for a year where you can work him for an extension or dish him at the deadline.

Thoughts Krakeners? Not red wings fans. I know cats value is basically a 3rd. But sometimes other teams want a player too.

Well how do you convince Schwartz to waive NMC? Is Ottawa closer to Saskatchewan than Seattle?

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I wonder if the Kraken are legitimately interested then the sens could take Schwartz off of their hands. Freeing up cap
I don't think Sens can afford that cap space. They have 10 forwards signed. Have renew Pinto, and they only have about $7.5M of cao space.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I don't think Sens can afford that cap space. They have 10 forwards signed. Have renew Pinto, and they only have about $7.5M of cao space.
1688826453303.png

Just barely. If Matt Murray gets bought out, we can run a 22 man roster.

Reactions: SENStastic

J15

Mar 18, 2009
I've got a hunch that it goes a little past that at this point. Guy has one place in mind but is still expecting 'free agent' money from them. You either sign a secured contact now in a sign-and-trade or take the gamble of playing the year out where ever and dealing whatever plays out then.

A torn ACL in training camp is all it takes for an 8.5×8 sign and trade with your hometown team to turn into a 6×1 try out with a Columbus or Minnesota.
Every report has said he’s willing to take less money to go to Detroit. We also have no idea if the hold up is the contract negotiations or the trade return. I’m sure he would be open to a sign and trade, not sure where you’re hearing that he’s not. The issue is that PD has tanked any leverage he has and probably won’t get anywhere close to the value you would expect from a typical sign and trade.

Reactions: SENStastic

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
If the deal can be done with Berggren and Boston's first and nothing more, I'm sold. Do not want Kubalik and would only take him if Detroit needs to clear a contract to fit in DeBrincat, and I don't believe that's the case anyway.
Detroit lost Bertuzzi and Hronek, don't expect them to be better coming season, what about Detroit first, I think it's Fair

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Detroit lost Bertuzzi and Hronek, don't expect them to be better coming season, what about Detroit first, I think it's Fair

Don't think it would be wise from Detroit's perspective to trade their first. They wouldn't even consider it without at least top 10 protection I'm sure

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Bertuzzi's 4 goals should be easy enough to replace. Hronek was pretty good.

Hopefully Raymond will come off his sophomore slump. Hoping to see Rasmussen take another step. With the added pieces, we should be a lot harder to play against.

I think we have a chance of making the playoffs this year.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Bertuzzi played as many games and had 1 more goal than Austin Czarnik. I see he isn't on your list of players the Wings will miss while he's back in the AHL.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Don't think it would be wise from Detroit's perspective to trade their first. They wouldn't even consider it without at least top 10 protection I'm sure
Well thats why bos 1st is the only one being tossed around in proposals around here, since its already top 10 protected and more likely than not gonna be a late pick

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Kubalik

Well how do you convince Schwartz to waive NMC? Is Ottawa closer to Saskatchewan than Seattle?
Well you convince him with the truth.

Seattle has a good chance but I believe within the next 3-5 years ottawa has just as good if not a slightly better chance. So let’s call it a wash.

You should always go where you’re wanted. I remember the reason we traded our 2010 first round pick for Rundblad (that ironically eventually became tarasanko for the blues) was because Schwartz was taken by the blues a few picks before ours. Dorion is the same establishment so he probably loved Schwartz too.

And finally I think his style looks good on Ottawa. He’s a smart top six winger who will work well with other high IQ players. Norris and Bath are both that. Plus he’s a vet who can play.

Seattle gets out of his cap hit, albeit not one they desire desperately to be out of. However, he does have health concerns that cannot be overlooked. Do they want to risk it?

Canadian boy coming to Canada. He’d be well loved and liked here by all. Captain material kind of guy. Would love him.

If Seattle is interested.

And you’re probably moving Branny this off-season either way. A few players for Ottawa are likely gone. Joseph and Branny being most Tradeable. Lassi likely gone for a late pick. And I’m hoping Zub is gone as JBD looks just as good. That should relieve a ton of salary stress.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
notice chicago now sens trying to move him . reason being is a 5'7'' 165lb hockey player can not play a complete game
Chicago was tanking and he would just kinda be getting in the way the next couple of years of the tank with uncertainty as to whether he'd even be there on other side of it with UFA on the horizon. He joined Chicago at an unfortunate time for him right as the window was slamming shut based on everything else around.

Seems like Ottawa was interested in giving him an extension through UFA years but Ottawa is not his preferred destination and he hasn't been there long enough to become fully engrained in the whole thing, and so he is taking advantage of being a pending UFA to decline an extension and hopes to go to a more desired location.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Well thats why bos 1st is the only one being tossed around in proposals around here, since its already top 10 protected and more likely than not gonna be a late pick
I'm sure Yzerman would be adamant the language of the deal would be the lower pick of our two firsts next year. I think that Dorian would be fine with that concession/condition.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
I'm sure Yzerman would be adamant the language of the deal would be the lower pick of our two firsts next year. I think that Dorian would be fine with that concession/condition.
While personally I'd be fine with that, I think most Sens fans would too. Can't speak for Dorion and what he wants though, very little credible info on that front.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Ottawa needs to hold its ground and say "this is the price, if you aren't prepared to meet that price then good day to you." I think letting another team fleece you just because of leverage and fear of losing a player for nothing is a bad precedent to set. It sets the tone for every other player that they can try and force a trade to their preferred destination and that Ottawa will accept a low price.

A lot can change in a year. Detroit could miss out on the opportunity for a top line scorer that they don't have at the moment, we've seen teams make huge jumps in the standings (see Seattle this year for one of the more extreme cases) and perhaps DeBrincat warms up more to Ottawa in that time. No need to give a divisional rival a "win" just because.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
None of those pieces is a top 7 pick, let alone a first rounder.

Berggren is a top 9 winger that will likely be top 6 next year. 50+ point potential.

Kubalik is a top 6 winger good for 20+ goals.

Boston’s 1st will be between 16 and 24 very likely. So Detroit sending 2 cheap, effective roster players AND a 1st? That’s a bad trade. That’s more than the Horvat trade at the deadline.

That is paying more than

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Watch the wings sign Tarasenko for free then also sign Debrincat for free in a year and keep all their assets lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad