Rumor: DeBoer possibly getting fired?

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
How many years left on PDB's contract?

I'm curious if DW is hesitant to fire him (assuming he is considering) because it would water down the narrative that he has been pushing for years: San Jose is a great place to play, constantly competitive, stable organization

How would it look, optically, if a business fires its coach midseason? We look down on those clubs (STL, EDM, LAK). Firing PDB may indicate to UFA's, particularly Karlsson, that there isn't stability in SJ. Consider the way TMac left - it was a "mutual decision"

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I think it's safe to say that if we lose to Buffalo tomorrow night and Toronto the next night, his fate is sealed.
I think it's safe to say with the way that they have been playing they will lose to Buffalo and Toronto.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I keep coming back here expecting to see a sticky that PDB has been fired and that someone I've never heard of or didn't know was still alive has been named coach. I like the guy and unlike some think he's been a very good coach for this team but this season is just weird and it sure seems like he should have no excuses for how this intermittently this team plays defense.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
We don't know what the conversations are in the locker room. We're only speculating, but is there evidence to show that DeBoer is on the hot seat or is it wishful thinking on our part.

In terms of the games tomorrow and Wednesday, I'm worried about them. Even in the wins, the Sharks haven't looked "dominant", and now they get to play against a Buffalo team that is significantly improved (And the Sharks always struggle in Buffalo for some reason) and a Toronto Team that is one of the best teams in Hockey. A split will be very beneficial.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
DW should

Fire PDB
Come out of retirement
Become a player coach

Boom, defense fixed
Boom, goaltending fixed
Boom, Stanley Cup

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
We don't know what the conversations are in the locker room. We're only speculating, but is there evidence to show that DeBoer is on the hot seat or is it wishful thinking on our part.

In terms of the games tomorrow and Wednesday, I'm worried about them. Even in the wins, the Sharks haven't looked "dominant", and now they get to play against a Buffalo team that is significantly improved (And the Sharks always struggle in Buffalo for some reason) and a Toronto Team that is one of the best teams in Hockey. A split will be very beneficial.

The only real reason is because Coach Q is available and he knows how to run a high powered offense. I personally don't think we're that bad with PDB, but I just feel this is the gamble season and the most calculated gamble would be to hire Q in a month or so. I really think PDB is a good coach, but stylistically his mantra of relying on defense to win games doesn't match up when you have players like Erik Karlsson and Brent Burns. Also its clear the organization is leaning towards a high risk offense Erik Karlsson or not when we drafted Ryan Merkley, so we really should get an offensive guy. Nothing against PDB.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Interesting that the two most popular threads are the two things that have almost zero chance of happening.
Oh I would bet money that PDB is actually on the hot seat. If this team continues on this way up to Christmas it's highly likely DW gives him a lump of coal in his stocking. I'm thinking Coach Q wants to remain unemployed until after the holidays then come in for the stretch run and playoffs of a supposed contender that is struggling.

Reactions: Sandisfan

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
The way they've been playing they will shut out Buffalo and lose 7-1 to the Leafs...

Sharks have only won shutouts at home. All of their shutout losses were on the road. Are you suggesting the Sharks will buck that trend?

I hope so, but I would not be surprised if the Sabres become the first team to win 10 straight this season.

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston
How can we track Hassos private plane

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team.

220px-Ateam.jpg

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
PDB’s recent uncharacteristic and desperate deployment tactics, along with the recent uncharacteristic and tense behavior displayed in his interviews, provide some evidence to support the reasonable and well-justified theory that he is on the hot seat.
Or he just wants a contract extension

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Loss in Vegas is on Suomela guys.

I’ve hated Deboer for a long time, but was fine with him as coach since they were playing well and winning. I’ve officially moved into the I hate Deboer and don’t want him anywhere near the Sharks realm. He got there faster than McLellan. Kudos Pete!

Thank god we're not building a real fourth line that can score by putting Radil on Suomela's wing. It DEFINITELY has to be one or the other, there's NO WAY anyone else on that line can sit.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad