Rumor: DeBoer possibly getting fired?

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
Dell back to back games and can't get past Vegas, time for someone that can get past Fleury to coach us.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
I'm not all aboard the fire Pete train like some people but if you're going to fire him you do it right now during a break before a back to back.

Reactions: CaptainShark

treefiddy

Errr'day Trollin'
May 8, 2013
San Jose
I would like to see him gone. I think he’s done all he can do with this team. No reason to keep trying to slam a square peg through a round hole.

Reactions: ChompChomp

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I'd love to see someone get fired over Twitter.

@DougWilson24
Attn: @DeMelofanPDB
Your services are no longer needed. Clean out your desk by 8am on Monday. #Canned #PinkSlip #GiiiiiitOut

You edited this to make it say DeMelofanPDB but I think it was funnier when it was MelkerfanPDB. Both are great though.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
It feels like the next four games could decide his fate. This team can beat Buffalo and Toronto when playing well, and they can certainly beat Ottawa (read: put 60 shots on net) and Montreal.

Honestly the one thing that always comes to my mind with DeBoer is how often Burns and Karlsson both don't get 23+ minutes in the same game. I get it, Vlasic is the senior defender and he has to play the ice-time he's playing, but why is Braun playing 20 mins? This is also happening when the 6th defender on the team is Ryan who plays 11 and a half minutes.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It feels like the next four games could decide his fate. This team can beat Buffalo and Toronto when playing well, and they can certainly beat Ottawa (read: put 60 shots on net) and Montreal.

Honestly the one thing that always comes to my mind with DeBoer is how often Burns and Karlsson both don't get 23+ minutes in the same game. I get it, Vlasic is the senior defender and he has to play the ice-time he's playing, but why is Braun playing 20 mins? This is also happening when the 6th defender on the team is Ryan who plays 11 and a half minutes.

They don't play the same kind of minutes. For PK or defensive zone starts against top lines you'd be stupid to go with Burns or Karlsson over Braun and Vlasic. There just aren't enough quality minutes available for both of them...at least not everytime.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002

DeBoet clearly believes that Vlasic and Braun need to play through their issues...it is the same way he evaluates players like Jones.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I would give PDB more time... If he would actually hold non-performing players accountable rather than scratching Ryan and Suomela. How Melker, Goodrow, and Braun have escaped the healthy scratch is just frustrating.

I'd love to bring in Quenneville if it's mid-season.

If DW sits on his hands and doesn't make the move until season's end - I hope they'd look at someone like Sheldon Keefe.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
DeBoet clearly believes that Vlasic and Braun need to play through their issues...it is the same way he evaluates players like Jones.

You're wrong here. He tried to give Dell more starts last season and it failed (as predicted by somebody)...don't blame him for not trying again.

On defense, Vlasic and Braun are getting the tough minutes. Would be a rather stupid idea to put Karlsson and Burns in those situations when with guys like Vlasic and Braun on the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad