Low Effort GDT 2024 Stanley Cup - Final

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Ceci hat trick tonight
Only if you are counting giveaways and cluster-f&cked plays... certainly not goals!

I see the same constant crap from him that I screamed at the TV for years when he was in Ottawa. He is not good defensively, constant brain farts. He is a complete disaster offensively. I am not sure he has ever in his career hit the net, not on purpose anyway. He constantly has issues keeping the puck in the o-zone. I've said it before, he's all heart though, I have never seen a guy work so hard to (occasionally) win the puck only to turn around and immediately give it back to the opposing team with a bone-head non-clear. He is no different than he was his entire time here. His only redeeming point right now is he is not as bad as Nurse who is a complete disaster. Edmonton is screwed at this point! Too bad, not what I was hoping. I hate Florida other than when they are playing the Leafs!

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Edmonton has to get layers in front of Bob , go low to high shoot from the point and attack the net . Need tip ins and greasy goals. The perimeter look for a seam stuff isn't working
Exacty this... this endless skating around the perimeter passing the puck for two hours is complete bullshit. Pretty doesn't work. Notice the pressure on the PP unit, how they barely have time to move the puck but Florida seldom if ever loses the box. EDM has to get far more traffic in front if only to create havoc and screen Bob, to bang away for as you say, some 'greasy goals'. If they don't, it's over.

Last edited:

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Ducks. They had a real defense.
Have to factor in the pure nasty-ass shit disturber factor of Florida against that though... So I'm not too sure about that. It would have been a great series pairing... I will agree that Edmonton has no D-core to speak of whereas the Duck did.

Edmonton is suffering from the Leafs syndrome. All their money is tied up in power forwards and offence while having a weak d-core. Not sure that's a recipe that makes it through the playoffs. It gets you decent results in the regular season, but defense is critical in playoffs. Even Bouchard who is so highly regarded for his offensive prowess (it's over done) is a significan defensive liability that is not balanced off in a good D pairing. Defence is Edmonton's Achiles heal for sure. Btw - I'm not willing to say that Edmonton goaltending is that much of an issue though it is certainly should not be regarded as a key strength as it is for Florida (and others).

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I must have never taken my rose covered glasses off since his WJC performance but I think he's going to be a playoff beast.
The league won't know what hit it when Thomas Chabot makes his playoff debut at 31 years old.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
That was one helluva a game. Was fun being a shit disturber 'cheering' for EDM to lose in a room full of 'Canada's Team' supporters.

Draisatl is statistically a playoff god, but he seems to have ate up LA too much and has no appetite left for bigger games. Florida's forecheck is the best I've ever seen, they don't give McDavid and room to do anything, and with McDrai shut down, the rest of the roster can't do anything. The Oil's D is awful, Ekholm is the only one with any defensive awareness, and Skinner has cracked.

After Covid Bubble MTL, this EDM is the worst team to make the SCF.

• Haha
Reactions: OD99

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Panthers vs '07 Ducks. Who wins?
Even though the Ducks are more complete, the Panthers have more dirtbags.

As dirty as Pronger, Parros, Getzlaf, Perry, Moen, May, and SThornton, guys like MTkachuk, Bennett, Rodrigues, Lomberg, Cousins, and Mikkola would have no problem getting down and dirty.

Would be an awesome series though

Reactions: StoicSensFan

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Even though the Ducks are more complete, the Panthers have more dirtbags.

As dirty as Pronger, Parros, Getzlaf, Perry, Moen, May, and SThornton, guys like MTkachuk, Bennett, Rodrigues, Lomberg, Cousins, and Mikkola would have no problem getting down and dirty.

Would be an awesome series though
What year is the game being played? If it's played in 2007 the Ducks kick the shit out of Florida, today it would be a closer series.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
A team where half of its D is prone to brain dead mistakes in the D zone will never win the stanley cup.

Nurse
Ceci
Bouchard (Even though he’s amazing with the puck on his stick, I never seen a dude defend a 2on1 like that, where he somehow didn’t get the shooter or the pass).

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
A team where half of its D is prone to brain dead mistakes in the D zone will never win the stanley cup.

Nurse
Ceci
Bouchard (Even though he’s amazing with the puck on his stick, I never seen a dude defend a 2on1 like that, where he somehow didn’t get the shooter or the pass).
The Travis Hamonic special

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Nurse
Ceci
Chychrun
Chabot
Brannstrom

Agree

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Corey Perry about to lose in the finals for the 4th time in 5 years.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I lost my hockey enthusiasm with the week+ break after the conference finals. Now Edm down 3 is anticlimactic. But maybe Edm at pulls off some magic tonight.

I’ll watch, see if I don’t fall asleep before the third period again…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad