GDT: Training Camp discussion - Camp now open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
That seems like an absurd hyperbole and crazy way to assess a team

However if you want to say a team game 30 shots and they are all breakaways, then these are breakaways shared between the 4th liners of a team.

10 for dewar
10 for kampf
10 for reeves

Makes it seem not as bad defense if each player goes 1 for 10 (10% finish) and ends with 3 goals again in this particular game and hyperbolic situation

It is proving a point and makes perfect sense.

Goalies are heavily involved in GA, they are not involved in chances in the same way.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
It is proving a point and makes perfect sense.

Goalies are heavily involved in GA, they are not involved in chances in the same way.
It was an unrealstic scenrerio that wont happen in reality

Goalies are involved in GA less than the defense.

Goals against occurs when the defense allows for a look that beats a goalie (which us dependent again on situation on the ice, EVS, PK , and PP).

Elite Goals against teams often win, especially on a series basis, as if you are allowing low amount of goals your very likely to win a playoff series

Ofcourse the type of chances you give up matter, however game breaking opposing player profiles and skillset lets you adjusy and calculate which players are threats for which shooting zones, and 1-T from tavares isnt as dangerous as a 1-T from matthews on the PP for example

You were fixated on trying to "prove a point" and win an argument that you resorted to creating an unrealistic scenerio instead of arguing in good faith

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Absolute joke of a team. Yaya its 13 minutes into the first preseason game. Its the same players open your eyes. We're playing against Ottawa's C team with our A squad and are on pace for 5 shots.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Really hate Matthews and Marner playing together. Whoever plays third wheel on that line never excels, aside from Bunting.

Loved Grebenkin, kid is going to be a solid NHLer.

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Preseason man lol. Settle down a bit.
Nothing different from the last 8 years. Chief better hammer a new mindset into these guys in the next 87 games or we're cooked. I actually saw Marner look to the ref when he fell down 4 minutes into the second period tonight. That sealed the night for me.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Nvm. Got my answer.

Who knew cranking Bieber wouldn’t unleash the mad dogs of Hell within each player on the ice????

Back in the day, before a wrestling match, football or rugby game I would get pumped up to Judas Priest, Metallica, and AC/DC.

Never thought of cranking Rick Astley….
Oh ya. Judas Priest “you got another thing coming” great pump up song

Reactions: LeafSteel

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Absolute joke of a team. Yaya its 13 minutes into the first preseason game. Its the same players open your eyes. We're playing against Ottawa's C team with our A squad and are on pace for 5 shots.

You don’t get to have it both ways.
If the regular season doesn’t matter, then the preseason sure as shit doesn’t and you have nothing to complain about.

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
You don’t get to have it both ways.
If the regular season doesn’t matter, then the preseason sure as shit doesn’t and you have nothing to complain about.
Wowwww you still don’t get I didn’t say regular season doesn’t matter. Have a good day.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Wowwww you still don’t get I didn’t say regular season doesn’t matter. Have a good day.

I get it fine. You are one of a group of users who have been consistently disregarding the regular season stats, results, accomplishments.

You may not have uttered the words directly as others have but your comments have clearly fallen in the “regular season doesn’t matter” camp

Have a good day.

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
I get it fine. You are one of a group of users who have been consistently disregarding the regular season stats, results, accomplishments.

You may not have uttered the words directly as others have but your comments have clearly fallen in the “regular season doesn’t matter” camp

Have a good day.
Yes there was zero preamble to that. I just said it as a standalone. If you’re incapable of reading more than a line of what I wrote and coming to your own conclusions then we have nothing left to talk about.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Yes there was zero preamble to that. I just said it as a standalone. If you’re incapable of reading more than a line of what I wrote and coming to your own conclusions then we have nothing left to talk about.

I’m talking about your overall posting for months now. I read every line I’ve seen and replied to of yours and the theme I mentioned has been clear as day. Have a little self awareness man.

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
I’m talking about your overall posting for months now. I read every line I’ve seen and replied to of yours and the theme I presented has been clear as day. Have a little self awareness man.
Am I pissed off we don’t do anything in the playoffs? Damn right. Is it more important than the regular season? For almost everyone not lying to themselves.

But I’m assuming for the people that cherish the regular season it has become a coping mechanism because they realize how far away we are from actual playoff success that they need to cling to something positive, likely before they die.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Am I pissed off we don’t do anything in the playoffs? Damn right.

Fair, I think most of us are right there with you.

Is it more important than the regular season? For almost everyone not lying to themselves.

More important, sure. I’m not sure many would disagree there

But I’m assuming for the people that cherish the regular season it has become a coping mechanism because they realize how far away we are from actual playoff success that they need to cling to something positive, likely before they die.

Do people cherish the regular season? Can’t say I’ve seen a lot of that. I do think it’s fair to say what we’ve done in the regular season is still important though, even if it’s less so than the ultimate goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad