Euro: Group D: Netherlands vs. France

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Correct decision on the offside, yet a fraudulently bald refereeing performance to get there. Why can't England (and Scotland, though we have the excuse of fewer resources) look at how it's done in other countries and... maybe... learn????
If that’s the rule, they need to change the rule

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Dunno, I found this game quite entertaining. It's not the England games.
It's definitely more entertaining then the England games.

After the first 7 minutes I thought we were info for a high octane, back and forth affair. Instead it's been sporadic and filled with low quality plays.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He's in an offside position and interfering with the goalie's ability to (try to) make the save.
But the goalie isn’t getting there, and where else is the Dutch player supposed to go? He’s not exactly setting a pick

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
But the goalie isn’t getting there, and where else is the Dutch player supposed to go? He’s not exactly setting a pick
Was the shot really that far away from where the goalie was? I was half asleep for most of the half so don't really remember.

Maybe I'm used to hockey reviews where players being around where the goalie is is more common and pronounced but to me this was a pretty obvious decision.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
After two games....

Bad news :
We have zero offensive game. DD's offensive choices are just terrible (Thuram needs to go).
0 goal in 2 games with and without Mbappe.

Good news :
We are extremely solid defensively (though as can be seen, a fluke goal can always happen).
Kante is vintage Kante.
DD always plays very defensive in group stage and feels confident his team will win KO games. So far, so good.

In this game :
+ : Kante, Maignan, Saliba, Tchouameni

- : Thuram, Griezmann, Dembele, Theo

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He’s not inspector gadget
He's not that far from the ball (though I do think he wouldn't reach it). But again, a player standing next to the goalie on the path of the goal is totally hindering the play.

Imagine paying hundreds of euros to watch that shit. What a disgrace.
My exact words 10 minutes ago. People paying tons of money for ticket+hotel+travel for that crap? Ouch.

Reactions: maclean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad