Player Discussion David Pastrnak

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
The issue when Pasta is off his game is his turnovers and fluffs with the puck are A LOT more noticeable.

Last night, I thought was far and away his worst game. Everything that could go wrong for him did go wrong for him. Plays died on his stick.

Its for sure mental. And hes driving me mental... But he will get out of it.

He's running out of time to get out of it is my concern.

He's too good to be this bad for long, but he's BAD.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
How is that going then. Pasta sure has been on fire. But he sure is so cute when he smiles. True playoff warrior. Maybe we can play again someday team that won't tackle so Pasta can score those 4-0 and 4-1 goals that won't matter.

Nice bump. I’ll still take the guy who’s still over a ppg in the playoffs and a 60 goal scorer versus the other guy Whose team is still down 3-2 and hasn’t won anything yet.

I do like Tkachuk yet but this is some garbage cherry picking

SonnyBoy

Jan 25, 2022
Nice bump. I’ll still take the guy who’s still over a ppg in the playoffs and a 60 goal scorer versus the other guy Whose team is still down 3-2 and hasn’t won anything yet.

I do like Tkachuk yet but this is some garbage cherry picking
So how many of those ppg / goals Bruins can take to Florida? Does the game start from 2-0 or maybe even 3-0 for Boston because of Pasta? Even you now that if Tkachuk would played for Boston and Pasta played for Florida this serie would been over. I like Pasta, but at least I know what kind of player he is.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I don't even care if he doesn't end up scoring. I just want to see him play hard, make smart plays and look like he gives a shit. The guy right now looks scared to death out there.

exactly. If he's injured and can't handle or shoot the puck anymore then he should be crashing the net for rebounds and hitting guys on every shift. Usually he lays solid contact for a skill player but last night he was slowing down and going about 40% on his hits. Not good enough

Reactions: BBruins

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
When he was going for 60 he was an animal. Now a single ounce of contact it's going the other way.
You got your money pal. What's up

James Walker

Sep 28, 2017
I was visibly frustrated a few times on my couch watching him play
His final shot on goal was hilarious.

He just got the puck on the edge and swept it toward Bobrovsky, like 'here you go, get your whistle'.

No purpose, no power on the shot whatsoever.

Last edited:
Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
the play where he had a clear shot from the sl;ot in the third( almost a breakaway), then passed it to a covered coyle??
that sealed it for me.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
the play where he had a clear shot from the sl;ot in the third( almost a breakaway), then passed it to a covered coyle??
that sealed it for me.

He's going for too many no look passes or forced passes into coverage which is a bad habit he's fallen into as his career has gone on since it was working because of the chemistry with Bergeron/Marchand.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
His big shots are taking too long and Florida is getting in the way and blocking, deflecting and even preventing them. He's a better player when the ice is more open or when guys like Bergeron and Marchand open up space for him but in this series it's not happening so imo he just needs to quickly fire it towards the goal and not worry about the accuracy or perfection of the shot. Just throw it on net and let somebody bang in a rebound.
Less pretty, more simple. It's playoffs.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
He is playing terribly. My son and I were saying it in Florida and he wasn't any better last night. He's not shooting enough, he's not shooting with authority, he's not play driving... I'm wondering if he's hurt.

bruinsfan

Aug 2, 2005
I find when the intensity and hitting pick up Pasta either loses the puck quickly or looks for the first pass he can find rather than face any potential body contact.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Purely in terms of production, Pasta has 79 points in 77 playoff games, and he's contributed something on the scoreboard every year. In that sense his record is solid if not spectacular. But I still see no evidence of him really elevating his performance in the playoffs, making a solid difference beyond the stats sheet and being in any way a game-changing player, at least not on a consistent basis.

Playoffs are where legends are made and where the truly elite separate themselves from the 'merely' very good and while Pasta has not disgraced himself he hasn't shown that he has that next level either. And that is where I think his new contract is an overpay. I get it was necessary and it's market value, because if the Bruins didn't pay it then someone else would have, so I'm not unhappy with it, but he just hasn't done enough when it matters most to really justify being in the top 1-2% pay grade. Great guy, great regular season performer and producer, but as a playoff guy relative to his talent and cost he's just ok.

He's 26 now and getting beyond the development phase but IDK, perhaps he can still eventually find that extra gear. It may be some time though before he gets another chance to prove that in Boston.

Reactions: SonnyBoy

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Never mind. Probably some cherry picking also.

Ya probably, but you deleted it and I still got notified that you quoted me. Pasta is far down the list of who I’m blaming for this collapse. At least he looked like he gave a shit at the end of the series. Also probably should have had the winner in game 7 if this team could play defense for like one more minute and was a c-hair from winning it in OT.

2 goals in game 6 (one to tie and one to go ahead), and the go ahead goal in game 7. If the entire team didn’t shit the bed he’d be a hero. But thems the breaks.

What a bum. Should trade him for a bag of pucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: bergeronsboys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad