Player Discussion David Pastrnak

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Crazy David Pastrnak stat;

He has more points in that 2018 playoffs (20) than he does in the 2019 playoffs (19) and in half as many games, 12 vs 24

Makes me think we haven’t even seen his best in a potential deep run, will the year he scores more than 50 goals be it? (He should already have 50 once before too!)

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida

He has more points in that 2018 playoffs (20) than he does in the 2019 playoffs (19) and in half as many games, 12 vs 24

Makes me think we haven’t even seen his best in a potential deep run, will the year he scores more than 50 goals be it? (He should already have 50 once before too!)
48 goals at the 70 game mark that season! He might have got to 60 with some luck if they were able to finishe the season.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Much like Manny Ramirez in his prime.

He’s got his flaws.
But his skill set is so difficult to find, you deal with the holes in his game.

Happy with the contract.
But he’ll make you rip your hair out at times with some of the gaffes.

Price of doing business.

this.

to me its like having a 50 HR hitter but bitching about his strikeouts.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

2019 was the year he broke his thumb falling out of the cab, and I don't think he fully recovered until the next year. He could barely handle the puck during that playoff run - they must've given away 5 or 6 breakaways as a result of Pasta fumbling the puck at the blueline on the PP that postseason.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Big congrats to Pasta for getting #60. That's a remarkable accomplishment in today's NHL. Ovechkin, arguably the greatest goal scorer in NHL history, only hit 60+ once in his career. Massive that the Bs have Pasta signed for the rest of his prime.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
2019 was the year he broke his thumb falling out of the cab, and I don't think he fully recovered until the next year. He could barely handle the puck during that playoff run - they must've given away 5 or 6 breakaways as a result of Pasta fumbling the puck at the blueline on the PP that postseason.
Thumb injuries are surprisingly hard to come back from. I had only one major injury up until 18 years old, and the vibration from the hockey stick bothered me for years after I broke my thumb.

I imagine with the velocity his teammates pass and he shoots the puck that it took some time to be fully comfortable with his thumb again, not to mention the strength you lose in the forearm when you can't exercise it too much.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
Imagine if he buried all the empty net chances he had this year instead of trying to feed his teammates…
He's going to need to learn to be a bit more selfish on those chances TBH. He's going to be the centerpiece of the entire offense going forward. He's going to HAVE to bury those chances himself.

Pasta now has 33 more goals and 46 more points than any other Bruins.

He also has the best Plus/Minus (+35) of all Bruins forwards.
but 3 Bruins defensemen are over +40 and McAvoy is +27.

People gloat about Pastrnak, and they should, but the strength of this roster is in its defensive pairings, I'm very convinced of this.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
He's going to need to learn to be a bit more selfish on those chances TBH. He's going to be the centerpiece of the entire offense going forward. He's going to HAVE to bury those chances himself.

but 3 Bruins defensemen are over +40 and McAvoy is +27.

People gloat about Pastrnak, and they should, but the strength of this roster is in its defensive pairings, I'm very convinced of this.

I'd say the strength of the defensive pairings is in the goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad