Player Discussion David Pastrnak

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Pasta is a special person, aside from being an otherworldly talent. Not many players of his caliber in any sport are as humble, down to earth, personable, etc. Not that any of that matters on the ice, but still. Kid is an absolute gem. Ecstatic the Bruins have him locked up for 8 more years.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Yeah some good points, if Krejci returns I'd personally be surprised, but I think Bergy just might do it.

And I Definitely agree on the last point...if there's a way to move Hall/Coyle to create some cap space this offseason i think you gotta do it. Love both players, but 11.5 mil between two third line guys is a lot for what is a luxury at this point.
I think krecji does return

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

24fxnop.gif

Reactions: goldnblack

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Appropriate salary, dont think its an overpay or discount for that matter. Good for pasta and his family. Thank god thats over.

Reactions: NDiesel

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
OMG. Higher than I wan, but he was going to get it elsewhere.
Agreed. For the guy who said, “I don’t play hockey for money, man,” he certainly cashed in. That said, he would have received at least that if not more from others. Very glad he stayed with us. I would love to have incentivized the bonuses, i.e.,“have less than (pick your metric) turnovers.”

Reactions: TP

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Yeah some good points, if Krejci returns I'd personally be surprised, but I think Bergy just might do it.

And I Definitely agree on the last point...if there's a way to move Hall/Coyle to create some cap space this offseason i think you gotta do it. Love both players, but 11.5 mil between two third line guys is a lot for what is a luxury at this point.
My hunch is Bergy will be back for the 100 year anniversary then call it a career. But who knows.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Happy to have him back next year, but a little mixed on the cost. A lot higher than I'd like, but still significantly less than he'd get elsewhere. Certainly the best value Sweeney could have managed. It's just that teams with 8-figure AAV contracts do not seem to do very well, too much in one player leaves them deficient in other areas. Ideally the salary cap rises enough over the course of the contract to lessen the sting by the end of it.

Reactions: Alan Ryan

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Happy to have him back next year, but a little mixed on the cost. A lot higher than I'd like, but still significantly less than he'd get elsewhere. Certainly the best value Sweeney could have managed. It's just that teams with 8-figure AAV contracts do not seem to do very well, too much in one player leaves them deficient in other areas. Ideally the salary cap rises enough over the course of the contract to lessen the sting by the end of it.

What exactly was your number?

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Pasta may not play hockey for money, but it's still nice to have. He's got himself paid, and fair enough, he's earned it. It's not a super 'team-friendly' contract, nor is it robbery, it's a man getting what the market says he's worth.

Very happy, but there's one thing left now for Pasta to achieve - a dominant playoffs performance. 2019 was pretty good, the rest has been patchy. The Bruins have backed him in as an elite, highest-paid winger in the league, now put the cherry on top with a big postseason. The stage is set, hopefully we have something special coming up.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
What exactly was your number?
Does it matter? I think it's a fair price what he got, even if I don't like it. It's just that no team with a player making 8-figures annually has won the cup, Montreal came closest with Price, but every team who's paid a player(s) that much has ended up having to trade assets to stay cap compliant, and weakening their team.

Less than 10 would have made me ecstatic, like a new "Bergeron contract", but I'll take it and hope the Salary Cap increases to take the bite outta it.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Had some celebratory lasagna last night. Yum.

Really think it’s the best possible deal for both parties. Once he took off at the beginning of the season it was never going to be a “team friendly” deal. I‘d still bet he’d have gotten significantly more from somewhere in the summer if he held out so to get this done now is a huge win for the team moving forward.

Arranging the other pieces around the untouchable core of Pasta, McAvoy, Marchand, Lindholm, Ullmark will be interesting moving forward, but the focus can now be on the big prize.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad