Former Bruins David Krejci announces retirement.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Has he gone home yet ,if not thank him for his services before he leaves ,they can’t go into another season with two 38 year old Centermen.Bergeron maybe but not two.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
All time underrated/under-appreciated Bruin?

Entire NHL history with Boston
9th in pts for the organization
4th all time in playoff pts
Lead the team in scoring during their Cup run.
Played for 1 mil last year to make the greatest paper roster happen

Yet he's always been an afterthought behind the "flashier" forwards and often played with the Heinens and Kuhlmans of the roster,

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

Yet he's always been an afterthought behind the "flashier" forwards and often played with the Heinens and Kuhlmans of the roster,
He was an all time Bruins great, that much like the team itself always left you wanting more, fairly or unfairly. All and all, probably the most underrated all time great Bruin.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
He was an all time Bruins great, that much like the team itself always left you wanting more, fairly or unfairly. All and all, probably the most underrated all time great Bruin.
I always underestimated him. Seems like every season he'd be invisible all year and playing with Bjork and Spooner but then somehow finish with 60-70pts.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I always underestimated him. Seems like every season he'd be invisible all year and playing with Bjork and Spooner but then somehow finish with 60-70pts.

I couldn’t believe he finished with 56 points in 70 games THIS year.

I’ve never seen such a “quiet” point collector.

Plenty of others have said this before, but it’s the first year I’m saying it: I think their window is officially closed. If I were DK, I’d head home and/or do whatever else I want to do at this point in my life. Unless he really feels it’s worth sticking around (for once again, relatively low pay) with a team that is unlikely to make really any impact on the rest of the league, I’d walk away.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
He was hurt too?

I firmly thought he was coming back until reading he almost bolted a couple times during the season. I understand his reasoning, but now I pass, I don't even want him back in case he wants to go back home.

Just my personal opinion but he's not spending another season away from his wife and kids to play for a team with a pile of unfamiliar faces and unknown expectations that he would encounter next year in Boston.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
always brought it in the playoffs it seems, master of the slapper from the hash marks. always scored at a .8ppg pace, regardless of who he played with.

my lasting memory will be the clown Binnington fooling him with the 5hole in game 7 on the breakaway, then again I'm a cynic.

sigh, being a bruins fan is a long and torturous cycle of "what could have beens"

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Hard to think of any player in the league who accomplished as much as he did with so little help for so long. 2 runs of playoff dominance in 2011-2013 with Looch and Horton, then just a revolving door of AHLers, who played well here and fizzled out on other teams… wonder why. He and Tuukka jump out as 2 of our most underappreciated players ever. Just so insanely consistent.

Have to think the Bruins want him back for the centennial season but I can’t imagine how tough it must have been being away from his family.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Lots of power play points.

Thanks for the 2011 & 2013 playoffs. He was fabulous.

After that, -11 in playoffs.

A very good, at times great, player. Just my opinion.

Reactions: finchster

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Lots of power play points.

Thanks for the 2011 & 2013 playoffs. He was fabulous.

After that, -11 in playoffs.

A very good, at times great, player. Just my opinion.
Playoff linemates at even strength
20-21 Hall and Craig Smith
19-20 DeBrusk and Kase
18-19 Backes and DeBrusk
17-18 Nash and DeBrusk
16-17 Pastrnak and Schaller

I mean each year he played playoff hockey with a different wing who couldn't sustain any kind of NHL game shortly after.

He's an all time great Bruin without question IMO

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I think they should both sign on whatever day during the season is the last day they can sign.
And would this be after having told the FO in may or June that he wants to play?

Or you’re ok with him sitting on his decision until this last possible day and then telling the team?

Maybe I missed the point or the joke, but I want him and bergy to tell Sweeney what’s up as soon as possible.

Reactions: KnightofBoston

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
And would this be after having told the FO in may or June that he wants to play?

Or you’re ok with him sitting on his decision until this last possible day and then telling the team?

Maybe I missed the point or the joke, but I want him and bergy to tell Sweeney what’s up as soon as possible.

considering their cap hits are very little. Sweeny can operate without rushing 46 and 37

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Playoff linemates at even strength
20-21 Hall and Craig Smith
19-20 DeBrusk and Kase
18-19 Backes and DeBrusk
17-18 Nash and DeBrusk
16-17 Pastrnak and Schaller

I mean each year he played playoff hockey with a different wing who couldn't sustain any kind of NHL game shortly after.

He's an all time great Bruin without question IMO

That's fine.

Just basing my opinion on watching him play the game, not on who he played with.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

I'm sure that's a real priority for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad