Former Bruins David Krejci announces retirement.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Right. I was thinking maybe I didn’t wanna go down the Krejci gets crap wingers but that’s a big part of it. Could David have up big numbers with Marchand if that was the pair? Probably, but the chemistry between Bergeron and Marchand dictated they stay together so Krejci got the next tier of wingers and as a unit they weren’t as trusted in their own end.

Yup, really came down to how much the coach trusted his wingers as the time. It wasn't a knock on Krejci's play without the puck but more reflective of who is line-mates were, as well as the capabilities of the other 3 lines.

It didn't help him that Marchand and Bergeron have been married at the hip more than any two forwards that I can remember. It's extremely rare whereas normally you'd have more movement of the wingers up and down and Krejci would of gotten to play with a Marchand more often and then would of been placed in more defensive situations.

Reactions: BMC and Mathews28

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
This is an all time brutal take, imo
The only take I offered was that I thought Krejci should have been used on the 1st PP unit more in his career.

Everything else was just me presenting stats.

EDIT: I should correct myself and say there is another take, I'm saying Krejci did not score "lots" of his points on the powerplay. Which was the point I was trying to convey, but somehow it seems to have been misconstrued.

Last edited:
Reactions: LSCII

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
These are all-time great offensive players. They drive the power play for their teams. They put the puck in the net. They do not feast on secondary assists like Krejci on the PP..
Correct. Which is why I would never, and didn't, compare them.

You said he had "lots" of powerplay points. I showed you his percentage.

Then I offered up players who scored a significantly higher percentage of their points on the powerplay. So people could understand what constitutes a high percentage.

I am trying to show that Krejci did not score a particularly high percentage of his points on the powerplay.

That's it.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
People are free to think 25% is a lot, but I don't think it is.

When I show what I think IS a lot, that does not mean I'm comparing the players. Perhaps I could have made that clearer, but I don't see how.

Reactions: LSCII

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Love how this place can rip him for both being too dependent on PP pts and also for only getting PP pts "by default" because "he's too one dimensional".

Meanwhile he's top ten all time in production for the team.

"Yeah he's tallied some points but. . . " :laugh:
The good old blame the euro mentality... if it wasn't Rask it was Krejci.

Reactions: BMC and Mamrd

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The only take I offered was that I thought Krejci should have been used on the 1st PP unit more in his career.

Everything else was just me presenting stats.

EDIT: I should correct myself and say there is another take, I'm saying Krejci did not score "lots" of his points on the powerplay. Which was the point I was trying to convey, but somehow it seems to have been misconstrued.
I got what you were saying and it's certainly a valid take. I personally hated him on the PP especially at the defenseman spot. He far too often did the cross ice pass at the blue line that got turned around for an odd man rush the other way. Drove me nuts. That and the reluctance to actually shoot the f***ing puck. lol

Reactions: SonnyBoy

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Correct. Which is why I would never, and didn't, compare them.

You said he had "lots" of powerplay points. I showed you his percentage.

Then I offered up players who scored a significantly higher percentage of their points on the powerplay. So people could understand what constitutes a high percentage.

I am trying to show that Krejci did not score a particularly high percentage of his points on the powerplay.

That's it.

Still, you are not comparing him to comparable players.

First line players score more on the PP than 2nd line players.

Let's say this: Krejci got more PP opportunity than most 2nd line centers, hence more PP points.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Correct.

He's a better playmaker.
Always baffled me where those assists came from - year after year he's playing with Kase, Heinen, Smith and Kuhlman. His line was always called the 2nd line just because he was on it.

Can only imagine what his numbers would have been like if he was given real weapons. We all assume Lucic and Horton were offensive dynamos for him, but even those two never came close to producing what they did with Krejci after.

Reactions: BMC

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Always baffled me where those assists came from - year after year he's playing with Kase, Heinen, Smith and Kuhlman. His line was always called the 2nd line just because he was on it.

Can only imagine what his numbers would have been like if he was given real weapons. We all assume Lucic and Horton were offensive dynamos for him, but even those two never came close to producing what they did with Krejci after.

Horton's best seasons were actually in Florida, 31-31-62 and 27-35-62. Only scored 53 points in his one full season in Boston.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
What are we doing here. He’s been a good player for the Bruins. A bit over paid at the beginning of that big contract, but what ever. No player is perfect. The real question, we are wondering, is he coming back? I don’t think it’s his choice this time around. Simple?

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Krejci Per 82 Games
18-45-63 All
14-32-46 Even Strength
4-12-16 Powerplay

Krejci Per 82 Playoffs
22-42-64 All
15-30-45 Even Strength
7-12-19 Powerplay

Bergeron Per 82 Games
28-38-66 All
18-26-44 Even Strength
8-11-19 Powerplay

Bergeron Per 82 Playoffs
22-38-60 All
14-27-41 Even Strength
8-10-18 Powerplay

Bergeron played basically his entire career with Marchand and half with Pasta

Krejci played his whole career with revolving doors besides for 3 seasons of Lucic and Horton

From 14-21 Krejci was basically on a island and he still produced every year and was not on PP1 once Cassidy took control

14-15 most common line mates

Krejci= Lucic+ Griffin
PPG 0.66
Bergeron= Marchand+Smith
PPG 0.68

15-16 most common line mates

Krejci= Eriksson + Beleskey
PPG 0.88
Bergeron= Marchand+ Connolly
PPG 0.86

16-17 most common linemates

Krejci= Backes + Spooner
PPG 0.66
Bergeron= Marchand + Pastrnak
PPG 0.67

17-18 most common linemates

Krejci= Spooner + DeBrusk
PPG 0.69
PPG 0.98

18-19 most common linemates

Krejci= DeBrusk + Heinen
PPG 0.90
PPG 1.22

19-20 most common linemates

Krejci= DeBrusk + Kuhlman
PPG 0.70
PPG 0.92

20-21 most common linemates

Krejci= Hall + Smith
PPG 0.86
Bergeron= Marchand+ Pastrnak
PPG 0.89

22-23 most common linemates

Krejci = Zacha+ Pastrnak
PPG 0.80
Bergeron= Marchand + DeBrusk
PPG 0.74

Last edited:

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Also for people who say he didn’t live up too his contract LOL

his 6 year deal started in 15-16 he played with nothing but bums besides DeBrusk and 20 games with Hall with not much PP1 time

And he still managed to average 64 points a season

Reactions: BMC

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Horton's best seasons were actually in Florida, 31-31-62 and 27-35-62. Only scored 53 points in his one full season in Boston.
Yeah I was saying that neither was better after krejci. Horton was a few years removed from his best seasons and I'd be willing to bet if you asked him which years were his best it probably wouldn't be FLA regular seasons

Has any player ever been better after playing with krejci?

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Krejci Per 82 Games
18-45-63 All
14-32-46 Even Strength
4-12-16 Powerplay

Krejci Per 82 Playoffs
22-42-64 All
15-30-45 Even Strength
7-12-19 Powerplay

Bergeron Per 82 Games
28-38-66 All
18-26-44 Even Strength
8-11-19 Powerplay

Bergeron Per 82 Playoffs
22-38-60 All
14-27-41 Even Strength
8-10-18 Powerplay

Bergeron played basically his entire career with Marchand and half with Pasta

Krejci played his whole career with revolving doors besides for 3 seasons of Lucic and Horton

From 14-21 Krejci was basically on a island and he still produced every year and was not on PP1 once Cassidy took control

14-15 most common line mates

Krejci= Lucic+ Griffin
PPG 0.66
Bergeron= Marchand+Smith
PPG 0.68

15-16 most common line mates

Krejci= Eriksson + Beleskey
PPG 0.88
Bergeron= Marchand+ Connolly
PPG 0.86

16-17 most common linemates

Krejci= Backes + Spooner
PPG 0.66
PPG 0.67

17-18 most common linemates

Krejci= Spooner + DeBrusk
PPG 0.69

18-19 most common linemates

Krejci= DeBrusk + Heinen
PPG 0.90
PPG 1.22

19-20 most common linemates

Krejci= DeBrusk + Kuhlman
PPG 0.70
PPG 0.92

20-21 most common linemates

Krejci= Hall + Smith
PPG 0.86
Bergeron= Marchand+ Pastrnak
PPG 0.89

22-23 most common linemates

Krejci = Zacha+ Pastrnak
PPG 0.80
Bergeron= Marchand + DeBrusk
PPG 0.74

Good stuff. Bergy's always received a lot more recognition, and none of that is undeserved, but the actual difference between he and Krejci in terms of their abilities, record and effectiveness is tiny. Bergy is the slightly more all-round player, a bit more consistent, DK is more naturally talented and his ability to impact individual games was probably higher.

Ask me to pick just one in their prime and I'd go with Bergeron, just, but I preferred to watch Krejci. I'm a sucker for the players who are smooth and smart and make it look effortless, and few have equalled David in that regard. Both phenomenal centers for the Bs for a long time. We have been lucky.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

his 6 year deal started in 15-16 he played with nothing but bums besides DeBrusk and 20 games with Hall with not much PP1 time

Still would have kept Seguin over him after 2013, not that it was an either or thing.

Reactions: 13Hockey

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Krejci was a beast and a great Bruin for most of his career, only Father Time has stopped him at this point. He even had a good season this year while it knocked on his door. However the injury and slowness he displayed in the playoffs this year (beast in years past playoffs) is not lack of skill just too many miles on the tread. The intensity wear is apparent on the core older Bruins. Time is a b*tch

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Krejci was a beast and a great Bruin for most of his career, only Father Time has stopped him at this point. He even had a good season this year while it knocked on his door. However the injury and slowness he displayed in the playoffs this year (beast in years past playoffs) is not lack of skill just too many miles on the tread. The intensity wear is apparent on the core older Bruins. Time is a b*tch
3 pt game 7

Reactions: BMC and 13Hockey

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
3 pt game 7
Big whoop, one game. If you didn’t see the lack of his play the other games then you are willfully ignoring it. He was mediocre compared to some of his last playoffs. He was only good on the PP where the game slows to a level he could use his vision. 5 on 5 he struggled with the intensity.

Reactions: SonnyBoy

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

its always funny to read the meeting of the krejci critic minds and their Krejci takes 1000 career games later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad