Former Bruins David Krejci announces retirement.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
While others can debate if a healthy, productive David Krejci still exists (I certainly believe he does), this team was missing him last night.

The bruins were very assertive in the offensive zones for long stretches, the shot disparity shows this, but I also saw a lot of the team gripping the stick and almost anxious to score. McAvoy for instance had at least 3 very impressive moves to the net/behind the net that all sort of died on his stick at the end. Everyone was bringing the effort but they were missing a dose of finesse at the end.

To me, Krejci shines in these situations as he lowers the collective blood pressure/pulse of the team in these moments, and brings a bit more finesse to those last 1 or 2 touches on scoring opportunities. I think his presence in some of those o-zone moments last night would have been worth one more goal for the Bruins.
Jack Edwards called this out last night too actually. The Bruins had that game by the balls for the final 60 minutes of play, they just needed somebody to reel them in and slow it down for a moment.

Reactions: BMC

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
We watched a different game apparently. I can’t remember a single play he made last night. Wait…….nope not one
That's because despite getting nearly 18 minutes of TOI, he did nothing. Not a single thing. If I'm Monty, I bench him for game 7 and put in anyone else. At least you'll get someone to give an effort. And I get the fanbois will say he's hurt, but he's looked like this for 4 months now.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t think it’s an effort thing, it’s a “he’s rly old and also now coming off an injury” thing. That’s just an objective fact. Like he got knocked down and had a hard time getting off the ice last game. He shouldn’t be playing over Trent Frederic.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
If Pastrnak scores on the breakaway that came off a Krejci steal to go up 5-3 in the 3rd, we're having a different conversation. Pastrnak played better and Krejci was part of the reason why.

Absolutely, didn’t have a problem with Krejci’s play and he was moving his feet on rushes

Bruins just need to be way more hard on the puck, that’s been a huge difference

Many games this season they either take the body or get right in on pucks, this past game they’ve been reaching but being hesitant, using their stick to guard rather than take away

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Absolutely, didn’t have a problem with Krejci’s play and he was moving his feet on rushes

Bruins just need to be way more hard on the puck, that’s been a huge difference

Many games this season they either take the body or get right in on pucks, this past game they’ve been reaching but being hesitant, using their stick to guard rather than take away
I noticed this especially in the D zone. They were just standing there a few times waiting for the Panthers to do something instead of forcing them to do something. Not sure why they've become so passive in the defensive zone.

Reactions: BBruins

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
Krejci brought his best in game 7. Such a shame many of the other Bruins didn't. Or couldn't. Whatever the reason was.

Krejci has been a good player, but at this point, he can't play a full NHL season. He should retire, or play a limited role with period downtime throughout the season.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I don't know how to feel about Krejci and 37. If they come back then okay, I still don't have faith that both won't be cashed by this time next year once again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad