Value of: David Jiricek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
What do the Sharks offer
What if the Sharks take Gudbranson and Merzlikins, add a goalie (like Kakhonen), Pittsburgh's first, a B/C prospect, and then Filip Bystedt? I'm not familiar with CBJ's finances to know how much they value the savings

• Haha
Reactions: Shark Finn

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Smartest thing for the Blue Jackets would be to keep Jiricek and punt Kekalainen. He's been there over 10 years, has won one playoff series, is going to be 4 straight years without the playoffs and he should have already been gone after the stupid Babcock hire.

They have a solid group of young guys and could have a quick turnaround if they make a good hire for GM and coach.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
They have a solid group of young guys and could have a quick turnaround if they make a good hire for GM and coach.
Curious but what individuals do you think are available right now and meet that criteria?

For instance the coaching position - I am looking at available individuals and don't see anyone who would be a clear upgrade over Vincent and isn't a huge gamble. Not that I think very highly of Vincent, but the list of available coaches is pretty bleak...

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Curious but what individuals do you think are available right now and meet that criteria?

For instance the coaching position - I am looking at available individuals and don't see anyone who would be a clear upgrade over Vincent and isn't a huge gamble. Not that I think very highly of Vincent, but the list of available coaches is pretty bleak...

For coach, I think someone like Jay Woodcroft would be a good option for Columbus.

On the GM side I don't know a lot of the candidates, but a guy like Eric Tulsky seems like a good option.

Reactions: majormajor

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
What do the Sharks offer
I would propose something around Will Smith. Could even things out value-wise around using lesser picks/prospects/cap dumps. Columbus was supposedly really high on Smith, so probably this would be palatable for Columbus if they were willing to move Jiricek for a forward.

Really, what Columbus should do is fire Jarmo right this second—waiting until the end of the season would be idiotic. You want to have sufficient time to go through the proper hiring process, let your new GM get acclimated, talk to the scouts, and hire his own staff. It never works out to hire your GM right before the draft.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Of course that's how it has to go. Because otherwise there's no greedy poaching dreams to be had.

Seriously. The sole and exclusive reason anybody is taking this as anything at all other than "player is disappointed at going to the AHL" is because it's Columbus and folks don't believe we have a right to exist and have our own guys. That's it. That's all it is.
JFC get over yourselves.

Young player is upset at historically disorganized and unsuccessful franchise for sending him down. Naturally trade rumors start.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I would propose something around Will Smith. Could even things out value-wise around using lesser picks/prospects/cap dumps. Columbus was supposedly really high on Smith, so probably this would be palatable for Columbus if they were willing to move Jiricek for a forward.

I could see Jarmo being all over that.

Personally I think Smith is such a naturally one-way guy, that it just takes the Jackets too far in that direction. The team is already lacking in structured two-way play, I don't think Smith is a fit.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad