Value of: David Jiricek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Not true for everyone, grandpa had me driving the tractor on the farm at age 11
I’m so, so confused. What is the point you’re trying to make?

(In case you’re being serious… there is a humongous difference between driving a tractor and driving a car. Like, massive difference. An 11 year old on a tractor is cute. A 13 year old driving a car in a city is f***ing terrifying.)

Reactions: Coffees

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He is indeed a great prospect. If you’re trading him, it’s because you sort of have to, not because you want to. To replace him your best bet is a high pick in a D heavy draft. If you won’t accept the #2oa, you’re implying you think he’s worth the 1oa or 1oa+. Good luck getting that.

He ain't no Celebrini but David Jiricek ought be worth more than any of the D in this draft, many of whom might go #2. You've got the offensive punch of Buium or Parekh with the stature and stout defense of the big 3. You can't trade Jiricek to get a guy who only has half the equation.

Did you read the OP?????????? Is he unhappy enough to request a trade.

Doesn't matter even if he does request a trade (which he hasn't). He's under contract.

This is a situation where the club should just exercise their full rights to the player. They don't have a better option.

TO BUF: Jiricek
TO CLB: Kulich (or) Savoie and 3rd

No and there are zero trade offers in this thread that would be decent trades for Columbus.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
I’m so, so confused. What is the point you’re trying to make?

(In case you’re being serious… there is a humongous difference between driving a tractor and driving a car. Like, massive difference. An 11 year old on a tractor is cute. A 13 year old driving a car in a city is f***ing terrifying.)
I was implying I would also drive the car to the market at times, but it was a very small town

But yeah I see your and Steve’s point, I wouldn’t have been allowed in the city

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Not a chance.
I get his value is high and one could argue he should have gone 1st overall in a draft that isn't a knockout type draft year but if the pick was 2nd overall there's some guys including D that likely get drafted before him if they were all in the same draft.

That being said the only reason I'm even proposing this is based on if he formally asks for a trade because if history tells us anything, once that happens teams always comply.
They don't have to of course but they always do because the optics and drama aren't worth it, especially with agents who weild considerable power.

Cue ball is gotta be one of the worst GM's, the amount of bad trades, signings and hirings is really affecting a great hockey town that should be a lot better than they are.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If Jarmo is around next season I’d be shocked. Even the people who were high on Jarmo on HF CBJ seem to be coming around to it.

I understand that. I'm more speaking as someone in full agreement with you that is shocked it's taken this long. Thus, it makes me question the abilities of the person with the power to make that change in the first place.

I've been on this ride as an Oilers fan, many, many times. Especially under the reign of Bob "Bobby Burgers" Nicholson.

Reactions: Czechboy

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Lekkerimaki and a 2nd rounder for Jiricek

Lekkerimaki and a 2nd > Drysdale and a 2nd
Jiricek = Gauthier in value

I don't think that's enough to get Columbus to bite, not that it's a bad offer. Clearly it's not. Granted I think Jiricek has slightly more value as a top end RD prospect vs any other player of say near equal calibre. RD is just a premium position.

Also I'm not convinced teams would value your offer more (in a vacuum) than Drysdale and a 2nd. There's a pretty big gap in the pick placement from an Anaheim 2nd vs a Canucks 2nd. Drysdale is the coveted high ceiling RD. These players (Top 4 RD) always have a higher price tag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That is why I said used. In. A. Package.

So we need to talk about his value, but assume he requested a trade (even though he didn’t) so that is value is skewed?
Of course that's how it has to go. Because otherwise there's no greedy poaching dreams to be had.

Seriously. The sole and exclusive reason anybody is taking this as anything at all other than "player is disappointed at going to the AHL" is because it's Columbus and folks don't believe we have a right to exist and have our own guys. That's it. That's all it is.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Even if you ignore the value a big RHD holds why would Columbus be lining up to trade for another winger? Gaudreau-Laine-Johnson-Marchenko-Chinakhov on the wing. Removing Jiricek our RD depth is Boqvist-Severson-Gudbranson-Blankenburg-Peeke.

Good winger depth but 2 2nd pair righties and a 3rd pair. Blankenburg we dont exactly know what he is over a long period of time. Boqvist is the best of that bunch but has issues staying healthy
So in a world where Jiricek has to be moved I dont see how they dont put a large emphasis on finding a RHD

Last edited by a moderator:

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Of course that's how it has to go. Because otherwise there's no greedy poaching dreams to be had.

Seriously. The sole and exclusive reason anybody is taking this as anything at all other than "player is disappointed at going to the AHL" is because it's Columbus and folks don't believe we have a right to exist and have our own guys. That's it. That's all it is.
No. To be fair this quite a bit more than that.

If let's say Shane Wright came out to say he is a NHL player and then the coach came out to say he's just like his 13 y old girl that doesn't know she needs to wait before getting a car, the same kind of trade talk would ensue.

Add that to the Babs situation, the benching of star players, the global performance of the team and then the Laine situation... So of course it just adds up.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
No. To be fair this quite a bit more than that.

If let's say Shane Wright came out to say he is a NHL player and then the coach came out to say he's just like his 13 y old girl that doesn't know she needs to wait before getting a car, the same kind of trade talk would ensue.
I personally guarantee you it wouldn't. Not to this degree. Not in multple fora with so many folks pouncing immediately.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Ducks 2024 1st top 1 protected.

If the Ducks win the 1st overall then Zegras for Jiricek.
Huge price to pay for you guys, IMO. Is Zegras thought of that lowly? He's only 22 and has already had 2 60 pts + seasons. Jiricek is a nice prospect, but not THAT nice, IMO. RD or not. Versatile, scoring centers who can switch between wing and center if needed are right up there with RD's. And he's already proven and still young. Am I missing something?

Reactions: Crazy8oooo

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I get his value is high and one could argue he should have gone 1st overall in a draft that isn't a knockout type draft year but if the pick was 2nd overall there's some guys including D that likely get drafted before him if they were all in the same draft.

This year? Dickinson, Silayev, Levshunov? None of the D in this draft profile better than he did in his draft year, maybe some of them about the same, and Jiricek had an outstanding D+1. They could be great but it's a bigger gamble going with any of them over Jiricek.

Absolutely not. I don't like that trade from the Flyers perspective and I really don't think Lek compares to Drysdale. Just little interest in Lek overall.
Jiricek for Cozens

I don't know if you're pushing this as a Sabres fan, but it's the first offer here I'd give a long hard look at from the Jackets perspective. I don't care that Cozens is having a down year, I know what he can do.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad