Value of: David Jiricek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Nope.

And we are saying that what you are suggesting is incorrect when considering the Jacket’s vision and situation (which we know more about than you I’d assume).
Just talking, not a big deal.
Jarmo has no vision. No way to know what he will do. And until he finds a real goaltender there is no point trying to contend.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Nope.

And we are saying that what you are suggesting is incorrect when considering the Jacket’s vision and situation (which we know more about than you I’d assume).

Of course Chicago would want to trade a draft pick (not Celebrini) for a potential #1RHD who’s played well at the AHL level.
Just talking, not a big deal.
The post asked about his value, not what you personally would want in a trade for him.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
The post asked about his value, not what you personally would want in a trade for him.
You stated what you’d trade him for…?

His value is a top prospect in hockey with the potential to be a #1RHD, with a season of AHL hockey under his belt where he was the best defender on the team. Yeah that’s more valuable than a magic bean 2 years behind in terms of development..

Ducks 2024 1st top 1 protected.

If the Ducks win the 1st overall then Zegras for Jiricek.
We don’t need forwards. Too many as is.

He’s not getting traded either. He didn’t even ask for a trade.

Reactions: Viqsi

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
He's a young prospect, him requesting a trade has no teeth. What he going to do? Sit at home for the next 7 years?
Wouldn't it be 3 years. If he sits out how long will they wait for him to give up? And do you want a player that doesn't want to play for you?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
You stated what you’d trade him for…?

His value is a top prospect in hockey with the potential to be a #1RHD, with a season of AHL hockey under his belt where he was the best defender on the team. Yeah that’s more valuable than a magic bean.
I didn’t think the number 2OA would be so insulting. Didn’t realize that CBJ was in win now mode. Best of luck with your lofty aspirations.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Wouldn't it be 3 years. If he sits out how long will they wait for him to give up? And do you want a player that doesn't want to play for you?
I mean they own his rights til he is 27. They may not want a guy that doesn't want to play for them, but I can be petty enough to make sure you don't play for anyone else either if you are going to go around swinging trade demands at the ripe old age of 20.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
I didn’t think the number 2OA would be so insulting. Didn’t realize that CBJ was in win now mode. Best of luck with your lofty aspirations.
We aren’t in win now mode. We are in trying to get better mode. You don’t get better by trading away players and getting even younger. Especially considering when we are already the youngest team in the league. Our defense is trash, and Jiricek looks to be a solution to that problem. The defense is the main reason the team is so bad, they score a respectable amount. This is exactly why I was saying if Jiricek was ever moved, it would be in a package for a more established defender.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
NO ONE SAID HE DID. Just that he is not happy with the organization. It is speculation of what would happen if he requested a trade. No one will trade an equivalnt NHl ready d for him though.
That is why I said used. In. A. Package.

So we need to talk about his value, but assume he requested a trade (even though he didn’t) so that is value is skewed?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
How about...

TO BUF: Jiricek
TO CLB: Kulich (or) Savoie and 3rd
No thanks. I think Jiricek is worth more than gaining that package, the 3rd doesn’t do much.

Even if I could believe they held the same value, CBJ really needs defense not forwards. Also I think Kulich is worth more than Savoie.

Laine, Gaudreau Jenner. Then Fantilli, Johnson, Texier, Sillinger, Chinakhov, Voronkov, Marchenko all 23 or younger. With guys like Brindley, DBB in the system.

I don’t think the Sabres fit well as a trading partner tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad