Value of: David Jiricek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Yeah Coronato isn't a better prospect than McGroarty, so you can take Winnipeg off that list. He's closer to Lambert and Chibrikov than McGroarty.
They are close. McGroarty has no first step at all. Did you watch him try to separate at the WJHC? He can't even do it at that level. Coronato scores more goals in the AHL than McGroarty does in college. There's a big difference between playing for Michigan where D on your team outscore him from playing in the AHL and lighting that league up.

Why aren't the jackets there?
Jiricek. I like him a lot. He's still considered a prospect I think.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
They are close. McGroarty has no first step at all. Did you watch him try to separate at the WJHC? He can't even do it at that level. Coronato scores more goals in the AHL than McGroarty does in college. There's a big difference between playing for Michigan where D on your team outscore him from playing in the AHL and lighting that league up.

Jiricek. I like him a lot. He's still considered a prospect I think.
At the WJHC, where he was playing his first games in over a month since breaking a rib and puncturing a lung? The first round robin game was literally his first game back.

If he has no first step that just makes it more impressive how wildly he's out producing Coronato at the same age.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
At the WJHC, where he was playing his first games in over a month since breaking a rib and puncturing a lung? The first round robin game was literally his first game back.

If he has no first step that just makes it more impressive how wildly he's out producing Coronato at the same age.
He isn't. He's producing substantially less. Almost half his points are secondary assists. He plays on a way more offensive team. Coronato is lighting up the AHL as a first year pro. You'll see next year. I like Barlow more than I like McGroarty honestly. Primary points are very important at levels below the AHL. Barlow has almost all primary assists and goals. I'm not saying McGroarty sucks. Just that he's more of a complementary facilitator. They just aren't as valuable as drivers.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
He isn't. He's producing substantially less. Almost half his points are secondary assists. He plays on a way more offensive team. Coronato is lighting up the AHL as a first year pro. You'll see next year. I like Barlow more than I like McGroarty honestly. Primary points are very important at levels below the AHL. Barlow has almost all primary assists and goals. I'm not saying McGroarty sucks. Just that he's more of a complementary facilitator. They just aren't as valuable as drivers.
He's at 34 points in 19 games, I'll assume to your benefit that "almost half" means 16 of his 34 points were secondary assists. That puts him at 18 primary points in 19 games. Coronato had 36 points in 34 games at the same age. Since you're the one focused on primary points I'll let you work out how many of his 36 points were primary and then we'll return and compare their scoring rates.

Coronato is producing as much as we'd expect Lambert and Chibrikov to be producing in the AHL with an extra year of development. They're really not that far behind him while being a year younger.

Last edited:

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
Is lightning up AHL up more impresive than lighning up KHL (Nikishin and Yurov cases)?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Right so I'll do it then. McGroarty has 13 secondary assists this season, meaning 21 primary points in 19 games. So before even looking at Coronato's primary and secondary points McGroarty is scoring primary points at a higher rate than Coronato scored total points at the same age, including secondary. I'll do my best to find game logs from Coronato's season but even if I can't your "he's producing substantially less because of secondary assists" argument is already thoroughly debunked.

EDIT: Coronato had 31 primary points in 34 games. Which admittedly is impressive, but also falls well short of McGroarty's primary point production. Coronato was also the 3rd best producer on his own team, McGroarty is producing at the highest rate in the entire NCAA. In fact he's producing at the highest rate since Kyle Connor.

Is Coronato scoring 31 points in 29 games that much more impressive than Lambert scoring 28 points in 33 games while being a year younger and on a lower scoring team?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad