Value of: David Jiricek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Lekkerimaki & our 1st+

No? Thought so.

This isn't a trade your winning if your Columbus. I saw young, established, high upside players like Power/Cozens being offered in the thread, 0 chance Kevyn Adams would do that type of trade (which is the only way CBJ 'wins').

Better off holding onto him. Tough year but things will clear up & he'll be a big part of it.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
You think you can get more than Jiricek for Hronek? You think you can get Jiricek and Kent Johnson for Filip Hronek, a UFA aged player?

It's great that Hronek has fit so well in Vancouver, but you're not getting a top tier prospect for him. If you think he's that good, then good for you, you can keep him.

As Stevo notes above, it doesn't suit the Jackets to move Jiricek for a forward. Although I would consider it if it's a really solid player like Dylan Cozens. Maybe just my opinion but I also think there is an upside gap between Jiricek and Stankoven or Eklund.
It’s an issue of cap space. Hronek is a top level RHD that has proven his ability to play in the NHL. jiricek is a guy with potential (significant) and May one day be as good as Hronek and it’s possible better.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
#2 is an assumption not in evidence and #3 hasn't been relevant in years upon years; it's akin to accusing the Devils of still playing the trap. That's what makes it "because Columbus".
#2 - sorry, did David Jiricek come out and speak publicly because he trusts that coaches and management are handling him well? Did Patrik Laine say getting healthy scratched was something he appreciated? Merzlikins is definitely really pumped about the coaching staff too.

#3 - lol are you serious? no it isn't. One is a play style that was used 20+ years ago that is demonstrably not happening today, the other is players who could still be on the team deciding to leave and whose absence is still affecting the team. These are wholly not comparable. What an absurd comparison. Maybe if all of those players had wanted to stay in CBJ the team wouldn't be in the basement (again).

the blinders you have on....

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
From Toronto I'd offer a lot.
2024 1st
Knies
Cowan/ Minten
For
Jiricek

Or
Marner
Minten
2024 1st

For
Jenner
Jiricek

• Haha
Reactions: Napoli

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
1st trade is interesting it would have to prob involve both minten and cowan for bj to pull the trigger

2nd trade hard no marner is on a doo doo contract we dont need another undersize soft forward

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
From the Jets I would offer up

2024 1st + Salomonsson + either our 2025 1st protected or any prospect not named McGroarty

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Alot of crap quantity for quality offers here. Columbus wants a legit top prospect back similar to Jiricek's level. Look at Drysdale/Gauthier. Not a few good prospects + picks.

Columbus has tons of prospects, they need legit top guys. Which Jiricek is on track to be.

There's CHI/SJS fans here offering their 2024 1st rounders if it's not 1st overall.

Reactions: Nowotny and Napoli

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
The issue I see is that CBJ has a lot of very high end forward prospects and not as many back end prospects. Any trade for Jiricek needs to include a promising young defenseman as well.

I am not advocating anything but if we're talking Vancouver; Brzustewicz must be in any offer. Edmonton? Broberg. Winnipeg? Heinola.

You're all going to see those players added on top of what is at least a first. The alternative is eating a bad contract of which CBJ has a few and that takes a few teams people are clamouring about out of the running due to a lack of cap space.

If there's any genuine interest to move him, it will be a team like Arizona, Anaheim, Buffalo. Teams with quality young players/prospects and the cap space/depth to make it happen.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
With reports from the athletic coming out that Jiricek isn’t happy with the org. Does he pull a Cutter and demand a trade? If so, what would his value be?
His value will still be very high as he is a legit blue chip prospect.

BARF!!! That’s brutal for Columbus and I’m not a Columbus fan.
It's actually not that bad as Cowan, Nirmala are good prospects but that being said I also understand why the Jackets wouldn't do it with too many contracts coming back they don't have any use for.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The issue I see is that CBJ has a lot of very high end forward prospects and not as many back end prospects. Any trade for Jiricek needs to include a promising young defenseman as well.

I am not advocating anything but if we're talking Vancouver; Brzustewicz must be in any offer. Edmonton? Broberg. Winnipeg? Heinola.

Broberg? Heinola? Did you get lost sometime in 2020? Those aren't top prospects. And Brzustewicz isn't on that level either.

Columbus has more high end prospects up front but they also have Mateychuk on the backend, who is better than the players you mentioned. Many other good D prospects. They're not going to be interested in a quantity deal, and nothing involving cap dumps.

You're all going to see those players added on top of what is at least a first. The alternative is eating a bad contract of which CBJ has a few and that takes a few teams people are clamouring about out of the running due to a lack of cap space.

If there's any genuine interest to move him, it will be a team like Arizona, Anaheim, Buffalo. Teams with quality young players/prospects and the cap space/depth to make it happen.

Byram
2024 1st
RyJo
Oskar Olausson

Jiricek
Sillinger

The way he's played the last couple years, I'm not sure I could tell the difference between Bo Byram and Jake Bean.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Some of these offers seem crazy to me. I don't know a great deal about the player outside of him being fantastic for my NHL24 franchise, but man, some of these offers are super rich.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Broberg? Heinola? Did you get lost sometime in 2020? Those aren't top prospects. And Brzustewicz isn't on that level either.

Columbus has more high end prospects up front but they also have Mateychuk on the backend, who is better than the players you mentioned. Many other good D prospects. They're not going to be interested in a quantity deal, and nothing involving cap dumps.

The way he's played the last couple years, I'm not sure I could tell the difference between Bo Byram and Jake Bean.
You're absolutely misunderstanding the statement, I'll also make a bolder statement and suggest that anyone taking Broberg that can grow him properly is going to be a clear winner.

Brzustewicz is very interesting because he does not seem at all to be entirely defensively poor at all and is a point producing RHD prospect which is about as rare a prospect as comes.

Jiricek, Cuelemans, Mateychuk. All good prospects, but that defense is still as much a point of need as any position in the CBJ org as I can see.

The meat of the statement, is that CBJ won't benefit from yet another forward prospect as much as they would/will a defensive one

That's just my opinion though as obviously things are sailing along smoothly in CBJ with what's been going on the last number of years

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
You're absolutely misunderstanding the statement, I'll also make a bolder statement and suggest that anyone taking Broberg that can grow him properly is going to be a clear winner.

Brzustewicz is very interesting because he does not seem at all to be entirely defensively poor at all and is a point producing RHD prospect which is about as rare a prospect as comes.

Jiricek, Cuelemans, Mateychuk. All good prospects, but that defense is still as much a point of need as any position in the CBJ org as I can see.

The meat of the statement, is that CBJ won't benefit from yet another forward prospect as much as they would/will a defensive one

That's just my opinion though as obviously things are sailing along smoothly in CBJ with what's been going on the last number of years
Seems they have plenty of prospects as it is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad