Prospect Info: Danila Yurov RW/C, 24th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yes, but it goes both ways: Yurov gets to burn a year and the Wild in return are getting a guarantee that he will be reporting for 2025/26.
That's not a deal for MN, at all. If he signs, and gets loaned(which they shouldn't do, IMO), then he gets his ass over here as soon as the KHL season is over in the spring. Same as a college player.

The way things are going it might end up that MN doesn't make the playoffs and MM goes far in theirs, which would make it too late for him to come over.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
That's not a deal for MN, at all. If he signs, and gets loaned(which they shouldn't do, IMO), then he gets his ass over here as soon as the KHL season is over in the spring. Same as a college player.

The way things are going it might end up that MN doesn't make the playoffs and MM goes far in theirs, which would make it too late for him to come over.
Yes, that's why I wrote about guaranteed 2025/26, but might be earlier depending on those outcomes.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
All I'm saying... if he signs in MN, he likely makes the team in MN anyway so the loan would likely never happen.
He's likely just wanting to ensure he doesn't play in the AHL, which looking at our roster? I doubt he'd be in any danger of anyway.
If he comes over and then shows he needs more time? I think the team would have no problem loaning him for a year.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Firstov's case is also a loan, so at least the formal approval from the Wild was there.

He had already signed a Wild contract and played a game or two in Iowa, and a few preseason games, i think? I think he had dreams of playing in the big club right away, and once he(and MN) saw that wasn't even close to being a reality, they decided it was better that he go to Russia. Firstov wasn't even close to being as good as Connor Dewar, Duhaime, or Mason Shaw.

Yurov is a different case. I would guess that MN would be looking to get him in the NHL ASAP, though in their case they probably think it would be better for him to get in a few games in the AHL first, like the vast majority of NHL prospects. IMO, it shouldn't be a big deal. If he is going to be a NHL'er immediately it will be obvious wherever it plays... if he needs a bit more time then playing 20+ minutes per night +PP in Iowa is better than 8-10 minutes per night on the 4th line. Same thing that they did with Rossi and Boldy.

All I'm saying... if he signs in MN, he likely makes the team in MN anyway so the loan would likely never happen.
He's likely just wanting to ensure he doesn't play in the AHL, which looking at our roster? I doubt he'd be in any danger of anyway.
If he comes over and then shows he needs more time? I think the team would have no problem loaning him for a year.
KHL season starts earlier than the NHL, so he wouldn't be able to come to the NHL training/tryout camp, i don't think?

KHL season starts earlier than the NHL, so he wouldn't be able to come to the NHL training/tryout camp, i don't think?
I’m not sure how it makes any sense to sign him if he’s not going to be playing here. If he signs, wouldn’t the Wild need to “approve” the loan back to the KHL? That sounds like something they would not do.

I’m also really confused as to how KHL contracts make it so players can’t sign with your NHL team, but a player like Firstov can just up and leave for the KHL while under contract here.
He only did that with the Wild's permission. Couldn't have done it otherwise.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
What if he just wants to stay at home for one more year?

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Firstov came to the NHL training camp, then when he didn't make the NHL team, he went to the KHL on loan.
Some here bitched about him abandoning the AHL team when he left Iowa remember.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Btw, looks like the KHL season will be longer next season, until mid-May.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Then he likely wouldn't be talking about a "loan" to play in the KHL, he'd have just signed a 1yr extension.
Signing with the Wild doesn't earn him anything different other than the possibility to play in the NHL for more money sooner. The loan possibility only favors anyone if he isn't NHL ready.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The Wild could've just suspended his contract or terminated it (like it was done with Lodnia), so they had other options, but still decided for this one.
PR nightmare vs losing the players rights vs just letting him leave. Wow, what a hard choice. You can’t seriously think the Wild management isn’t pissed off after he bailed on his team.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
If he wants to make $300k, instead of $925k + bonuses for three years, that sounds like a really dumb financial decision for him.

Big bonuses are hard to earn nowadays, I doubt Bedard would have earned any one even if he hadn't been injured.

KHL salaries are tax free, and I'm pretty sure the cost of living in Russia for him is way cheaper than in NA. So money is roughly the same. And It's not about 3 years. He definitely wants to play in the NHL, it's just 1) He wants to play in the NHL not AHL and 2) He would prefer to sign 2 year ELC not 3 year one.

Btw Mukhamadullin played for Salavat being loaned by Devils (or by Sharks, don't exactly remember) so loans happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Minnesota

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Btw, looks like the KHL season will be longer next season, until mid-May.
Assuming that MM is strong and goes fairly far in the playoffs, that's way too late to add him to a NHL spring roster. Bad for him, if he wants to burn a year.

PR nightmare vs losing the players rights vs just letting him leave. Wow, what a hard choice. You can’t seriously think the Wild management isn’t pissed off after he bailed on his team.
I don't think they cared that much, after they saw his play. He is a longshot to be a NHL'er. Yurov is a whole different case.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't think they cared that much, after they saw his play. He is a longshot to be a NHL'er. Yurov is a whole different case.
Firstov came to the NHL training camp, then when he didn't make the NHL team, he went to the KHL on loan.
Some here bitched about him abandoning the AHL team when he left Iowa remember.
Firstov only did that with the Wild's ok. They would be unlikely to do that with Yurov, if he signed here. If he is in Iowa, he can always be called up to the big club, possibly to stay. In the KHL, that's not an option. Once there he has to finish the year.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Mom/gf is a good cook?

Bottom line is that we don't know the kid like he and those close to him know him. If he feels he needs more time, and isn't 100% committed, stay in the KHL till he's ready.

As a Wild fan i prefer he gets over ASAP, but that might not be what's best for him.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Big bonuses are hard to earn nowadays, I doubt Bedard would have earned any one even if he hadn't been injured.

KHL salaries are tax free, and I'm pretty sure the cost of living in Russia for him is way cheaper than in NA. So money is roughly the same. And It's not about 3 years. He definitely wants to play in the NHL, it's just 1) He wants to play in the NHL not AHL and 2) He would prefer to sign 2 year ELC not 3 year one.
Bruh, what...
  • Performance Bonuses are broken into 2 categories: Schedule A and Schedule B
    • Schedule A Bonuses may not exceed $250,000 ($212,500 prior to 2022) per individual bonus, and $1,000,000 in total ($850,000 prior to 2022).
    • There are two types of Schedule B Bonuses:
      • League-wide award/trophy bonuses that are paid by the league (these do not count against the salary cap if earned)
      • Player and club agreed upon bonuses, of which the maximum is $2,500,000 per season ($2,000,000 prior to 2022), which do count against the salary cap if earned.

A" Level Bonuses

"A" Bonuses are worth $212,500 each, to a maximum of $850,000 (maximum 4 achieved). For players drafted starting in 2022, "A" bonuses are worth $250,000 each, to a maximum of $1,000,000 (maximum 4 achieved). They are achieved by each of:

Forwards

-20 goals

-35 assists

-60 points

-Top six in Time on Ice among forwards (in total and/or per game) on team (minimum 42 games)

-Top three in +/- among forwards on team (minimum 42 games)

-0.73 points per game (minimum 42 games)

-End-of Season All Rookie Team

-All Star Selection

-All Star MVP
You're just flat out wrong.

The effective tax rate would have to be like 60 or 70% for Yurov to make less money in North America if his KHL salary is $300k and it is indeed tax free. CapFriendly has Minnesota's effective tax rate around ~ 45-46%. With the $950k ELC, he would make over $500k. Please tell me how North America's cost of living makes up that $200k difference to make the money "roughly the same."

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Bruh, what...

The effective tax rate would have to be like 60 or 70% for Yurov to make less money in North America if his KHL salary is $300k and it is indeed tax free. CapFriendly has Minnesota's effective tax rate around ~ 45-46%. With the $950k ELC, he would make over $500k. Please tell me how North America's cost of living makes up that $200k difference to make the money "roughly the same."

First, I doubt Yurov's salary will be less than 50M rubles which is > $500k. He leads the team in scoring and he has obvious aforementioned leverages.

Second, how much is it to rent appartments or even house in Minnesota? How much is it to buy a car? How much is it to buy furniture? Yeah, he'll have to rent it and buy them anyway rather sooner than later, but it's still expenses.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
First, I doubt Yurov's salary will be less than 50M rubles which is > $500k. He leads the team in scoring and he has obvious aforementioned leverages.

Second, how much is it to rent appartments or even house in Minnesota? How much is it to buy a car? How much is it to buy furniture? Yeah, he'll have to rent it and buy them anyway rather sooner than later, but it's still expenses.
Got any more bullshit you wanna say? What’s next, the American clothes are too expensive for him? Can’t afford American internet? Gas prices too high? How on earth will he be able to afford paying for a drivers license on that low low American salary lol… he will make more money in North America. If he’s as good as we think he is, then he will be able to get extra schedule “A” bonus money. Up to $1M more. Let’s say he gets 20 goals and top 6 minutes, which he likely would get. That is an extra $500k. Blows the KHL salary out of the water.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Bruh, what...

The problem is the guarantee. If he spends the majority of the time in the AHL, he’s only making $70k/yr.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Got any more bullshit you wanna say? What’s next, the American clothes are too expensive for him? Can’t afford American internet? Gas prices too high? How on earth will he be able to afford paying for a drivers license on that low low American salary lol… he will make more money in North America. If he’s as good as we think he is, then he will be able to get extra schedule “A” bonus money. Up to $1M more. Let’s say he gets 20 goals and top 6 minutes, which he likely would get. That is an extra $500k. Blows the KHL salary out of the water.

Lol, renting houses, buying cars is shit in America? Alright...

And all those NHL bonuses are still ifs, while the KHL salary is guaranteed. And they have bonuses in KHL as well. With ruble has gone down and the salary cap isn't changing, I have a feeling salary cap is becoming more and more like fiction than something real. Especially for rich clubs. And MM belongs to this dude.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013

Id wager $ that he lives with Kaprizov or Zuccarello his first year. Webster can probably chime in with what Zucc has for leftover furniture, vehicles & underwear.

But seriously, I believe they start guys at furnished apartments. Used to be the new ones along Shepherd Road in St. Paul, but for Yurov he will probably need more support given his unfamiliarity with American culture

Reactions: Sota Popinski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad