Prospect Info: Danila Yurov RW/C, 24th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Twoods1623

Jun 27, 2016
North Shore
yurov.JPG

Looks like we are getting closer to Kaprizov's pace for points. I'm looking forward to him eventually playing in NA.

Reactions: Minnesota

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
Not interested. Sounds like he's just trying to burn ELC years for nothing. KHL camp/season starts before the NHL does.
Yes, but it goes both ways: Yurov gets to burn a year and the Wild in return are getting a guarantee that he will be reporting for 2025/26.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yes, but it goes both ways: Yurov gets to burn a year and the Wild in return are getting a guarantee that he will be reporting for 2025/26.

Slide years are fine for loans, but years that count need to be controlled by the NHL club. To have him under contract, counting on the 50 man roster, and not have him as a callup option is a wasted roster space (Firstov this year). It's time for him to learn NA hockey, team systems, get over the culture shock, etc.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
Slide years are fine for loans, but years that count need to be controlled by the NHL club. To have him under contract, counting on the 50 man roster, and not have him as a callup option is a wasted roster space (Firstov this year). It's time for him to learn NA hockey, team systems, get over the culture shock, etc.
The issue is that he can then use KHL as leverage and say like 'Ok, then I'm signing in the KHL through 2025/26 and will be signing the 2 year ELC (instead of 3 year) after that anyway'.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The issue is that he can then use KHL as leverage and say like 'Ok, then I'm signing in the KHL through 2025/26 and will be signing the 2 year ELC (instead of 3 year) after that anyway'.

That's fine with me. He can rot in the KHL forever for all I care.

• Haha
Reactions: BagHead

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
That's fine with me. He can rot in the KHL forever for all I care.
Do you have a weird moralistic position about players obeying the spirit of the CBA or just broad anti-russian sentiment related to world events?

Either way this is just business and entertainment, I dont take it personally but ymmv.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Do you have a weird moralistic position about players obeying the spirit of the CBA or just broad anti-russian sentiment related to world events?

Either way this is just business and entertainment, I dont take it personally but ymmv.
I’m not sure how it makes any sense to sign him if he’s not going to be playing here. If he signs, wouldn’t the Wild need to “approve” the loan back to the KHL? That sounds like something they would not do.

I’m also really confused as to how KHL contracts make it so players can’t sign with your NHL team, but a player like Firstov can just up and leave for the KHL while under contract here.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
I’m not sure how it makes any sense to sign him if he’s not going to be playing here. If he signs, wouldn’t the Wild need to “approve” the loan back to the KHL? That sounds like something they would not do.

I’m also really confused as to how KHL contracts make it so players can’t sign with your NHL team, but a player like Firstov can just up and leave for the KHL while under contract here.
Firstov's case is also a loan, so at least the formal approval from the Wild was there.

Reactions: Wonderful Tacos

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

I'm confused. Does he want to play in the NHL or not? Is he looking for a guarantee that he won't see any AHL time? What does he want?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad