Prospect Info: Danila Yurov RW/C, 24th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Faber has the defensive side of the game down, not questioning that, but right now he's just another Brodin, and I wouldn't consider either of them true top pair guys. Need two-way play for that.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Faber has the defensive side of the game down, not questioning that, but right now he's just another Brodin, and I wouldn't consider either of them true top pair guys. Need two-way play for that.
Brodin's a cautionary tale in how a kid can look like a future #1 because he makes it so young, but then tops out halfway to where you thought he'd get. Hopefully Faber progresses further. I do think Faber has significantly better offensive instincts than Brodin, but we'll see.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Brodin's a cautionary tale in how a kid can look like a future #1 because he makes it so young, but then tops out halfway to where you thought he'd get. Hopefully Faber progresses further. I do think Faber has significantly better offensive instincts than Brodin, but we'll see.
I actually think Brodin's lack of offense was mostly how he was developed the first few seasons. Had he come into the league now with all of the mobile offensive defenseman, I think he'd have developed somewhat differently. He had the ability to walk the blueline, pinched in more, etc. in juniors and during his rookie season. But after he made a turnover or two, they coached it out of him, imo.

Anywho, I think Faber can develop more offense simply from being encouraged to try without fear of getting in trouble for messing up. Both don't have that great of shots but one thing Faber does much better than Brodin is keeps the puck lower for rebounds. Brodin has had so many shots go right into the glove or high over the net...

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Is he injured or something?

Seems like he's not playing in the Magnitogorsk game going on right now. Also only played 11 minutes in the previous game.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Wouldn't mind it at all. Let him slow cook too. Still very young.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
i'd rather play him here next season on 2nd line instead of mojo. cough buyout cough
I don't love Mojo's lack of offensive output, but he's still a 30-40 point player on contract for the one year you'd be buying out at $2 million. Why would you buy that out? Why not just let Duhaime and Maroon walk and play Johansson one line lower?

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'd like to keep Duhaime depending on what kind of money he's looking for. Great 4th liner.

Kaprizov-Rossi-Boldy
Zuccarello-Ek-Hartman
Foligno-Yurov-Gaudreau
Duhaime-Dewar-Johansson

Of course you have the option to move Yurov up to the second line as a winger if Zuccarello or Hartman aren't cutting it

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
im just venting at how little mojo & freddy & also foligno are contributing. ps i really don't see how mojo gets 40 currently at 12
I get the need to vent, it's cool.
12 points right now puts him at a 35 point pace. 35 isn't 40, but I did say 30-40. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on either the upper or lower limits of that range, depending on puck luck and health.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
i'd rather play him here next season on 2nd line instead of mojo. cough buyout cough
This is the smart take. He probably hasn’t mastered playing C and people here act like moving from Russia to the US is a cakewalk culturally/personally. Still very much an annoying development though.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'd like to keep Duhaime depending on what kind of money he's looking for. Great 4th liner.

Kaprizov-Rossi-Boldy
Zuccarello-Ek-Hartman
Foligno-Yurov-Gaudreau
Duhaime-Dewar-Johansson

Of course you have the option to move Yurov up to the second line as a winger if Zuccarello or Hartman aren't cutting it
Shouldn't be looking for much.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Shouldn't be looking for much.
Opportunity is what he may be looking for, and there are likely going to be teams considering giving it to him with an expanded cap. Its not a gimme that he sticks around and accepts a career on the 4th line at a salary that is not truly life transforming. Why wouldn't he bet on himself a bit?

If he sticks around, its likely one year and it probably comes with a bunch of ass kissing that we will consider him for elevated roles and possibilities after the cap issues are done.

Too early in the season to put a price on a multiyear deal, his trajectory would be an extreme factor if the Wild committed to him in that fashion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad