Prospect Info: Danila Yurov RW/C, 24th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Has been playing second line center for the last 10 games and has 10 points (not including today in which he already has a goal). I believe we will see him this season at the end of the year for a few games.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
When he comes over, can we nickname him "the Cat"? All credit to @Sad People naturally,

Most hockey players his age are clumsy, not yet grown into their full game, but not Danila...

94762a40-6eaf-4de6-9ea2-0ab252acf18a_text.gif

... Like a cat!

• Haha
Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
When he comes over, can we nickname him "the Cat"? All credit to @Sad People naturally,

Most hockey players his age are clumsy, not yet grown into their full game, but not Danila...

... Like a cat!
I don't want to blue myself too soon, but Yurov has excellent hands and an NHL level release. Just have to keep him away from the Corn Baller...

Reactions: BagHead

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021

... Like a cat!
Did I call him “cat” in an earlier post? I truthfully can’t remember.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
There’s not really anything Yurov doesn’t do at an NHL level in my opinion. I don’t think he’s as skilled as Boldy but he’s a better skater. My comp was Buchnevich and I stand by that. I think he’s gonna be a really good player. His strength will determine how quick he can be a good player.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Seeing this kid step up and raise expectations has me wanting to punt on this season even harder.

Reactions: RHam5757

RHam5757

Nov 26, 2023
Would love to see Yurov come over later in the year to get some experience in NA, pretty high ceiling on this kid...IMO.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
If he maintains this level of offense for the full season, it seems clear to me that he was probably ready for the NHL already. That's also in line with what Russo was reporting from the Wild's camp this off-season. I'm very excited to see him live and in green.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Realistically, if we try him at center, does he take Gaudreau’s spot? I suppose if that doesn’t work, we could stick him on the 3rd/2nd line wing depending how things go.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Realistically, if we try him at center, does he take Gaudreau’s spot? I suppose if that doesn’t work, we could stick him on the 3rd/2nd line wing depending how things go.
With Rossi's C play, getting another C is less important, as we've got JEE playing a great #2C. The main thing with Yurov(and hopefully Ohgren)is that they end up being top 6 players, and can put the puck in the net, whether is be on the wing or C.

I can see him taking Zucc's place when his inevitable decline starts, or being on the other side from Boldy. It's pretty clear that MarJo is not only short term, but not even a solution as a #2W.

It's great seeing Yurov take off this year as he gets the TOI, but mystifying that Marat has taken such a step back. I think that coach at CSKA really did a number on his head at the beginning of the year. Taking away a young player's confidence intentionally is despicable, but he's got to find a way to overcome it. I still believe that he can be a NHL player, though maybe not as high up in the lineup as some here hoped. I can see him being a Gaudreau replacement, though we've got Freddy Hockey forever, it seems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad