Prospect Info: Danila Yurov RW/C, 24th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Opportunity is what he may be looking for, and there are likely going to be teams considering giving it to him with an expanded cap. Its not a gimme that he sticks around and accepts a career on the 4th line at a salary that is not truly life transforming. Why wouldn't he bet on himself a bit?

If he sticks around, its likely one year and it probably comes with a bunch of ass kissing that we will consider him for elevated roles and possibilities after the cap issues are done.

Too early in the season to put a price on a multiyear deal, his trajectory would be an extreme factor if the Wild committed to him in that fashion.
He isn’t good enough to have his ass kissed or promised anything.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
If he doesn’t, there’s a bunch more where he came from.
Milne and Shaw come to mind, but both have injuries currently and Shaw is not someone I would bet on long term. Beckman is a younger version I suppose, though less developed and not fully similar, but I suppose he would be the clock reset player if we stayed internal. I don't think any of them are clearly superior to Duhaime next season.

Cheap UFA 4th liners generally have major baggage and are total crapshoots, they are UFA because their teams did not want them at all. Its not a great well to pull from.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Milne and Shaw come to mind, but both have injuries currently and Shaw is not someone I would bet on long term. Beckman is a younger version I suppose, though less developed and not fully similar, but I suppose he would be the clock reset player if we stayed internal. I don't think any of them are clearly superior to Duhaime next season.

Cheap UFA 4th liners generally have major baggage and are total crapshoots, they are UFA because their teams did not want them at all. Its not a great well to pull from.
He’s a ~17 point player that sucks at fighting. If he thinks he “deserves” 3rd liner money/opportunity, best of luck on that I guess. Better not be here.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
He’s a ~17 point player that sucks at fighting. If he thinks he “deserves” 3rd liner money/opportunity, best of luck on that I guess. Better not be here.
This probably should be merged into the general thread but,

Pat Maroon was a ~17 point player that sucks at fighting.
Ryan Hartman was a ~20 point player that sucks at fighting.
There are all kinds of paths, I don't think any player can be very accurately described with a sentence like that. I do think it is likely that he believes in himself, he has always come across in media as a self confident player.

If he goes on a small heater in the second half to 25-30 points while playing the same type of game and asks for $2MM AAV do you keep him? How much more, or how much less fits your definition of reasonable 4th line salary?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
This probably should be merged into the general thread but,

Pat Maroon was a ~17 point player that sucks at fighting.
Ryan Hartman was a ~20 point player that sucks at fighting.
There are all kinds of paths, I don't think any player can be very accurately described with a sentence like that. I do think it is likely that he believes in himself, he has always come across in media as a self confident player.

If he goes on a small heater in the second half to 25-30 points while playing the same type of game and asks for $2MM AAV do you keep him? How much more, or how much less fits your definition of reasonable 4th line salary?
He has 5 points in 28 games right now. Getting to 25-30 points would be a lot more than a "small heater". Let's just say I'm not too worried about it happening.

Right now I've got Dewar pegged at $1.5 to $1.75 million, as a center. I've got the 4th line LW at $1.25 million, max. And I think I'm being pretty generous for both of those spots.

Freddy Gaudreau had a 38 point season (after a 44 point season), plays center, and got $2.1 million per year.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
mojo has 1G (unacceptable for top 6 role) freddy has 2 on pace for 10? foligno has 3 on pace for 10 meanwhile prospects like adam beckman aren't even getting a chance. next year is when i'll be flipping my lid there are no open roster spots for forward prospects. ps please yurov c'mon over next year!

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
mojo has 1G (unacceptable for top 6 role) freddy has 2 on pace for 10? foligno has 3 on pace for 10 meanwhile prospects like adam beckman aren't even getting a chance. next year is when i'll be flipping my lid there are no open roster spots for forward prospects. ps please yurov c'mon over next year!
Beckman is on pace for 14 at the AHL level.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
dewar , duhaime & shaw were all given a chance but not beckman? why not? next year trade or buyout mojo or freddy or hartman so yurov has a spot.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
dewar , duhaime & shaw were all given a chance but not beckman? why not? next year trade or buyout mojo or freddy or hartman so yurov has a spot.

Beckman...isn't very good. You should brace yourself for the real possibility that he isn't an NHL player. At least not in Minnesota.

Reactions: TaLoN

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011

Is Beckman's game really comparable to those guys?

I never saw him as a 4th liner getting ~4 minutes of PK time per game.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong

As much as we Wild fans hope that the Russian team would lie down and just give up their top youngster without trying, it would be professionally irresponsible for both Yurov's agent and Metallurg Magnitogorsk to not at least negotiate. 1) Agent can give to his client multiple offers instead of just one and can use one offer to push up the quote and 2) Metallurg can try their luck to keep their star youngster + set precedent should Yurov ever want to return to the KHL.

And the fact that some people are already pressuring the Wild to hurry up and get on the phones once this small innocuous news came up, its working when really ... this is just normal business as usual. I see no real breaking news that Yurov is changing his mind to stay in the KHL.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if yurov & agent knew he had a spot waiting that would be an option but ALL spots forward spots are spoken for so yurov may resign for 3 yrs khl. as for beckman last year he scored 24G but hes probably depressed this year knowing zero spots available for awhile. time to search for a new team that wants him.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
if yurov & agent knew he had a spot waiting that would be an option but ALL spots forward spots are spoken for so yurov may resign for 3 yrs khl. as for beckman last year he scored 24G but hes probably depressed this year knowing zero spots available for awhile. time to search for a new team that wants him.
Not exactly how I'd set the lines, but:

Kaprizov - Eriksson Ek - Boldy
Johansson - Rossi - Zuccarello
Foligno - Yurov - Hartman
Duhaime - Dewar - Gaudreau
Shaw

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Not exactly how I'd set the lines, but:

Kaprizov - Eriksson Ek - Boldy
Johansson - Rossi - Zuccarello
Foligno - Yurov - Hartman
Duhaime - Dewar - Gaudreau
Shaw
While I like the idea of Yurov being a center ... that space next to Rossi-Zuccarello looks juicy and a nice spot for an offensive prospect to develop.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
While I like the idea of Yurov being a center ... that space next to Rossi-Zuccarello looks juicy and a nice spot for an offensive prospect to develop.

Look at us, so many good center options that we want to develop good center prospects as wingers, who'd have thought

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad