Prospect Info: Dalibor Dvorský, 10th, 2023

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Oskarshamn just lost 6-2 to a team that was in the Allsvenkskan last season and was winless so far. Dvorsky no points, low toi (full numbers aren't updated yet), 2 shots, 2/3 on faceoffs. Does anyone know if they lost someone important over the off-season? They look like they might be headed for relegation but were in the playoffs last season.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Oskarshamn just lost 6-2 to a team that was in the Allsvenkskan last season and was winless so far. Dvorsky no points, low toi (full numbers aren't updated yet), 2 shots, 2/3 on faceoffs. Does anyone know if they lost someone important over the off-season? They look like they might be headed for relegation but were in the playoffs last season.
They lost their starting goalie, top defenseman, top scorer, and 2 more of next 4 scorers.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
It’s also worth noting that dvo is nearly 2 years younger than any of his teammates and is only skater not to have a - +/- rating. So team is struggling and he hasn’t made huge impact yet, but for 18 YO making his debut in tough pro league, holding his own is not nothing. Now if 2 months from now he hasnt found footing, that might be reason for bit of concern. But at this point I don’t have any worries about him (I don’t know enough about team to know whether they are likely to make playoffs or be regulated or whatnot).

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
It’s also worth noting that dvo is nearly 2 years younger than any of his teammates and is only skater not to have a - +/- rating. So team is struggling and he hasn’t made huge impact yet, but for 18 YO making his debut in tough pro league, holding his own is not nothing. Now if 2 months from now he hasnt found footing, that might be reason for bit of concern. But at this point I don’t have any worries about him (I don’t know enough about team to know whether they are likely to make playoffs or be regulated or whatnot).
I think it's hard to get a read on it because his TOI is so low. Aside from the first game, he's been below 10 minutes each game. I don't think it's necessarily a reason to worry if he doesn't, but players his age have come into the SHL and put up numbers. Primarily what I'm trying to get a gauge on is how far away he might be. So far it's looking like he's closer to 3 years from the NHL than next year, which is what I've seen some people throw out in their excitement for him. If Oskarshamn doesn't improve I wonder if we just pull him to Springfield for the next couple seasons.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I think it's hard to get a read on it because his TOI is so low. Aside from the first game, he's been below 10 minutes each game. I don't think it's necessarily a reason to worry if he doesn't, but players his age have come into the SHL and put up numbers. Primarily what I'm trying to get a gauge on is how far away he might be. So far it's looking like he's closer to 3 years from the NHL than next year, which is what I've seen some people throw out in their excitement for him. If Oskarshamn doesn't improve I wonder if we just pull him to Springfield for the next couple seasons.
That is what I am trying to say, if he establishes forging over next month or so and starts producing it bodes we’ll for him to make blues next year. If not, I don’t think it necessarily reflects on upside but woukd show that he may need more time.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
The Blues will want control of him as soon as this coming season ends, whether that's NHL or AHL will depend on where his game is at. I don't think they'll leave his development to others past that point.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I don’t think we should expect him to come over next year, make the team and be impactful. I think he’s 3 years away from that

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I don’t think we should expect him to come over next year, make the team and be impactful. I think he’s 3 years away from that

Most of the top ten players from 2020 and 2021 have already played at least a full season.

I'm in favor of giving every prospect the development path that's uniquely appropriate to them. I'm not an expert. However, with as deep as 2023 is supposed to have been, as highly thought of as Dvorsky was, as high as he was selected, as physically mature as he appears, as good as he looked in the prospect camp, and the fact that he's currently playing against much older competition, I'd be at least a little surprised and a little disappointed if he's 3 years from making the NHL.

Not hugely so, but if that really is what happens, that probably means he shouldn't have been playing in men's leagues the entire time.

Reactions: OSA and BlueDream

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Most of the top ten players from 2020 and 2021 have already played at least a full season.

I'm in favor of giving every prospect the development path that's uniquely appropriate to them. I'm not an expert. However, with as deep as 2023 is supposed to have been, as highly thought of as Dvorsky was, as high as he was selected, as physically mature as he appears, as good as he looked in the prospect camp, and the fact that he's currently playing against much older competition, I'd be at least a little surprised and a little disappointed if he's 3 years from making the NHL.

Not hugely so, but if that really is what happens, that probably means he shouldn't have been playing in men's leagues the entire time.

im saying 3 years away from being impactful. Probably make the team in 2 years and impactful in 3.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
im saying 3 years away from being impactful. Probably make the team in 2 years and impactful in 3.

Sure. I mean, I wouldn't be at all surprised or disappointed if he's not a top 6 option for a couple years after he makes the team. That's fine. But if he doesn't make it within two years, that's at least a little bit concerning.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Sure. I mean, I wouldn't be at all surprised or disappointed if he's not a top 6 option for a couple years after he makes the team. That's fine. But if he doesn't make it within two years, that's at least a little bit concerning.

I just feel some people are ready to pencil him in the top 6 next year. I just don’t think that’s reality. I could be wrong. I usually am.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I just feel some people are ready to pencil him in the top 6 next year. I just don’t think that’s reality. I could be wrong. I usually am.

Yea, that's jumping the gun. A lot. Even if he's ready in a vacuum, he'd still have to leapfrog other guys who are still good and on the team. The Blues aren't very good, but it's not like they're a dogshit team clawing their way out of the cellar with Jay McClement pulling top-6 center duties.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Yea, that's jumping the gun. A lot. Even if he's ready in a vacuum, he'd still have to leapfrog other guys who are still good and on the team. The Blues aren't very good, but it's not like they're a dogshit team clawing their way out of the cellar with Jay McClement pulling top-6 center duties.
Let's hope.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I think if he can hold his own on bottom 6 nhl role by some point next year, that would be strong progress. To expect him to be impactful in top 6 next year feels aggressive.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Skala24

Apr 16, 2015
Slovakia
htrtz.jpg
I think the numbers from the last game say it clearly. His TOI is growing and in next game he will be probably 2C from 3C. His overview on the ice, defensive play, faceoffs% are at pro level (at least he is one of the best in his team). One of the things what I saw he should improve is his shot.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

Of course he's not some shoe in to be an instant impact player in the NHL at 19 years old. He'll have a learning curve like anyone else on some things while already being effective in other parts of his game. Bringing him over next year isn't some red flag of hopeful premature expectations.... it's a realistic timetable for when the Blues would want to assume full control of his development. I think you're correct that it's likely 3 years from now when he becomes that impact top 6 center at the NHL level.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
Of course he's not some shoe in to be an instant impact player in the NHL at 19 years old. He'll have a learning curve like anyone else on some things while already being effective in other parts of his game. Bringing him over next year isn't some red flag of hopeful premature expectations.... it's a realistic timetable for when the Blues would want to assume full control of his development. I think you're correct that it's likely 3 years from now when he becomes that impact top 6 center at the NHL level.
At minimum I would expect him to make the team next year similar to what we saw with Thomas in a bottom 6 role. If Bolduc and Dean show they are NHL ready by next year the Blues could have a super young lineup. They could also see Snuggerud turn pro as well. Dvorsky would have to beat out two of these guys to make the team.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
When we have Thomas and Schenn still playing at 1st and 2nd line caliber players we don't need Dvorsky to be a instant success at the NHL level.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
At minimum I would expect him to make the team next year similar to what we saw with Thomas in a bottom 6 role. If Bolduc and Dean show they are NHL ready by next year the Blues could have a super young lineup. They could also see Snuggerud turn pro as well. Dvorsky would have to beat out two of these guys to make the team.
A Thomas like trajectory for Dvorsky would be great. Though, it would be nice to have a Calder contending skater.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

I'd have concern if he's not looking capable of making the NHL by 2025/26 in his D+3 season, but I won't lose sleep if he's not ready to make the NHL in his D+2 season in 2024/25. My hope is that we bring him to camp next fall with a chance to make the team and then send him to the AHL if he's not ready.

FWIW, 4 of the top 10 picks from 2021 have played a full season and all of them were top 5 draft picks (#1 Power, #2 Beniers, #3 McTavish, and #5 Johnson). 4 of the remaining top 10 picks have played fewer than 10 NHL games (#4 L Hughes, #6 Edvinsson, #8 Clarke, and #10 Boucher). The remaining two have played 17 games (#7 Eklund) and 33 games (#9 Guenther).

I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't crack the NHL at some point next season. It might not be full time, but I think he'll get his feet wet and would be very surprised if he doesn't get a long look in 2025/26.

Reactions: Brockon

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
That's not my minimum at all. I don't think Thomas was truly NHL-ready in his D+1 season. Being in the NHL was better for his development (and the team) than going back to junior for another full season, but I think he'd have been best served in the AHL. That wasn't an option for Thomas, but it would be an option for Dvorsky.

I'd much rather see Dvorsky plugged in as the 1C in the AHL with big PP minutes than used in a bottom 6 wing role with the Blues the way Thomas was. I think there is a realistic chance that Dvorsky will be ready for a 15+ minute a night 3C role in the NHL for 2024/25. But that's not a lock and I won't be worried if he isn't. And I would rather see him be the guy in the AHL than a winger here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad