Prospect Info: Dalibor Dvorský, 10th, 2023

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I'd have concern if he's not looking capable of making the NHL by 2025/26 in his D+3 season, but I won't lose sleep if he's not ready to make the NHL in his D+2 season in 2024/25. My hope is that we bring him to camp next fall with a chance to make the team and then send him to the AHL if he's not ready.

FWIW, 4 of the top 10 picks from 2021 have played a full season and all of them were top 5 draft picks (#1 Power, #2 Beniers, #3 McTavish, and #5 Johnson). 4 of the remaining top 10 picks have played fewer than 10 NHL games (#4 L Hughes, #6 Edvinsson, #8 Clarke, and #10 Boucher). The remaining two have played 17 games (#7 Eklund) and 33 games (#9 Guenther).

I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't crack the NHL at some point next season. It might not be full time, but I think he'll get his feet wet and would be very surprised if he doesn't get a long look in 2025/26.

Yea. I was talking about those two years as a group. That stuff changes from year to year and I had zero interest in looking at what players from those pick ranges in prior years had played at given year thresholds. The fact remains that 2023 is widely believed to be a great draft year and in recent seasons, even in years that weren't as well thought-of, it's more common than not for guys to have played a full NHL season before three years have passed.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
This thread reminds me of Lucas Raymond’s thread during his D+1….. relax, let him learn, let him struggle and grow through it, let him develop and he’ll be just fine. Kids gonna be a hell of a player and I bet he puts on a show at WJC to give us all a glimpse of what he’s capable of.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
He is gripping his stick too hard. But looks good moving the pick up the ice.

ToastedRavioli

Jun 29, 2023
Those clips definitely calmed some of my worries. He looks like he is producing chances, the points will come.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Those clips definitely calmed some of my worries. He looks like he is producing chances, the points will come.

It will help if he's officially on the PP from now on. I missed the last game which was where he started getting some usage there (but it was in the 3rd when the game was out of hand so I'm not sure what the official plan is moving forward). Otherwise what I've seen is he's been very good at taking the puck through the NZ, entering the zone, and getting a shot but they haven't been coming from super dangerous areas or with teammates. Could be a function of where in the lineup he was playing. I'm interested to see if he gets bumped up for today's game.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
1695921426148.png

Dvorsky is indeed centering the second line today. And look at who's on the other side but Mr wraparound himself

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

No points but his game looks good according to this tweet.

I hope he learns not to skate the puck by a defender right in front of his own net at the NHL level. He is nowhere near fast enough for that stuff to fly in US with smaller rinks and better players. I'm not worried at all. But also not impressed with decision making there. He needs to utilize his teammates more

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Playing left wing today, not center.

Just had a rough sequence. Tried taking the puck to the middle and got hit with a hip check as he was looking down to shoot. Head was down and he's leaking from his nose as Timra took the puck the other way to score.

This Oskarshamn offense sure is something. They've tried to to send the wings up ice early and spring them for a breakaway like 4 times already in the 2nd. Anyone who watches the SHL more often know if this is what the it's normally like?

Last edited:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
every highlight I have ever watched of him is like that and, at least so far, it sure looks like it will 100% translate

no way he should have fallen to 13th

yeah, he’s unreal. I do like Dvorsky a lot though. But it’s like comparing ROR to Mackinnon. One is a great 2-way player and the other in an offensive dynamo. Any go wrong with either.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Only as a Extra Forward in last game. Not even 2 minutes on ice. Maybe we will see him in OHL after WCH U20.
I'm not sure what the path forward is for him is if he doesn't put it together in the SHL tbh. I don't think the OHL is a good option because he has nothing to prove there; he's dominated U20 competition regularly and easily while struggling in Men's leagues. Maybe Allsvenskan is a better fit for now while he adjusts to the extra speed?

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I would like to see him dominate in Jr next year. I think the chl is better than other countries Jrs.

Kostin playing in the AHL too soon hurt his development. Let him dominate and then take the next step.

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
I don't see any issue with bringing him over to play in the AHL. He looked on par with Bolduc, Dean and Snuggarud in the Blues development camp. He has the size to play against men. It's disappointing to see him not getting any ice time. Hopefully he will get more ice time or get moved to a team where he can get some playing time. It will be interesting to see how he does in WJC in Dec.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I don't see any issue with bringing him over to play in the AHL. He looked on par with Bolduc, Dean and Snuggarud in the Blues development camp. He has the size to play against men. It's disappointing to see him not getting any ice time. Hopefully he will get more ice time or get moved to a team where he can get some playing time. It will be interesting to see how he does in WJC in Dec.

He was getting playing time but played his way out of a regular shift. No idea if this will continue or not (but the fact that he had a goal against in one of his 2 shifts doesn't help), but he's been struggling to use his linemates and deal with the speed of the SHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad