Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Stars sign Jiri Hudler (1 yr, $2M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
He played top 4 minutes on a top team, and was not bad. He will be a staple in the defense for quite a while. Thanks for him, btw.

Which team was that? Because it wasn't the Stars.

In 14 regular season games, he played 17:50 per game, good for 6th most among dmen on the roster. In the playoffs, he was again 6th among dmen in TOI, only playing 14:48 per game.

DALLAS90

Aug 22, 2016
Stephen Johns is a solid 2nd or 3rd pairing RD & @ the same time if DAL wanted to add another Top 4 RD Oduya & Johns as 3rd pair D would be a very good last pairing

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Which team was that? Because it wasn't the Stars.

In 14 regular season games, he played 17:50 per game, good for 6th most among dmen on the roster. In the playoffs, he was again 6th among dmen in TOI, only playing 14:48 per game.
He played with Oduya behind Goligoski and Klingberg. He did not play 5/6 minutes, he played behind two guys that eat a ton of minutes. If you're going to base it on time on ice only you're tragically misguided.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
I do not approve of this if true, DAL needs fewer capable players, not more. This doesn't fix their D though, that's good.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
tumblr_lyubh7qQZE1r6jldwo1_250.gif

Stupid sexy Hudler!

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I do not care that Hudler isn't a dire need for Dallas. Anytime you can bring in a player of Hudler's calibre for this cheap you do it.

Gives you another asset that allows you to move another asset on your team without hurting your depth or it even allows you to move Hudler if the fit just isn't there. 2mil vets that can put up 50+ have value in this league. Heck depending on who he plays with 50 can be a lowball number

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Can't wait to see how this pan's out. Will be in Dallas to catch a couple of games this fall... should make the team even better!

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
He played with Oduya behind Goligoski and Klingberg. He did not play 5/6 minutes, he played behind two guys that eat a ton of minutes. If you're going to base it on time on ice only you're tragically misguided.

Maybe you should read the post I responded to. The other poster said he played top 4 minutes. He obviously did not, but I'm the one who is tragically misguided :laugh:

And how can you say that he didn't play 5/6 dman minutes when he clearly played the 6th most minutes of all defensemen? What else would you base that on other than how many minutes he played?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Maybe you should read the post I responded to. The other poster said he played top 4 minutes. He obviously did not, but I'm the one who is tragically misguided :laugh:

17:40 is top 4 minutes though ? 3rd pairing guys don't play nearly 18 minutes. If player A plays 20 minutes a night for 60 games then 16 minutes a night for 22 games, does that mean that player B couldn't have taken his top 4 role during those 22 games ? Just ranking players by TOI means nothing out of context. By your measure Kris Russel is a #3 D which nobody actually thinks is true.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Gives you another asset that allows you to move another asset on your team without hurting your depth or it even allows you to move Hudler if the fit just isn't there. 2mil vets that can put up 50+ have value in this league. Heck depending on who he plays with 50 can be a lowball number

The guy couldn't put up 50 points with Gaudreau and Monahan last year. He was such a passenger that the Flames didn't even try to re-sign him, and instead gave his 'locked' spot (going into the season) to a carousel of useless scrubs like Jooris, Ferland and Jones. He ended up with 1 point in the playoffs for Florida...

2014-2015 Hudler was entirely different than 2015-2016 Hudler, for whatever reason. If the Stars get 2014-2015 Hudler, then they just made a massive move. If they get 2015-2016 Hudler, they wasted 2M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad