Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Stars sign Jiri Hudler (1 yr, $2M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
i don't get why there was such a wait on him. He's still more skilled than 3/4 of the schmucks that scooped up contracts.
If he goes to Dallas, he'll be a solid fit there. Add him on that second line w/ Spezza would be pretty sick.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
For all of Dallas' overall offensive ability they've struggled with finding permanent top 6 wingers. Hopefully this signing can help with that or at least add another solid option into the mix.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
This confuses me. I don't get it. Also makes me worry that Nuke might get traded and this is his replacement since I thought our forwards were set already

valente317

Jun 4, 2014
I imagine this is an insurance policy for another potential move.

Perhaps the Stars just got a tip that Nuke is seriously considering going back to the KHL.

Whether this is a replacement for Nuke, if he moves, or just a bargaining chip -- a la, hey, we just got a 50-70 point scorer at 1yr/$2m, how much money and term were you asking for, again? -- it should be a decent signing, at worst.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Dallas Stars current line up with Hudler.

LW Benn C Seguin RW Sharp
LW Janmark C Spezza RW Hudler
LW Roussel C Faksa RW Hemsky
LW Eaves C Eakin RW Ritchie

LD Hamhuis RD Klingberg
LD Oduya RD Johns
LD Benn RD Nemeth

#1 G Lehtonen
#2 G Niemi
Scratched List
RW Nichushkin < RFA
LD Oleksiak
RW Cracknell

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Does anyone else feel that the Stars have become an almost Frankenstein's Monster of a team?

Outside of Benn, there's not many players who I identify as a "Star" player.

Spezza - Senator
Hemsky - Oiler
Seguin - Bruin
Sharp - Blackhawk
Eaves - Wing
Hudler - Wing
Hamhuis - Predator
Oduya - Devil
Lehtonen - Thrasher
Niemi - Shark

Obviously a lot of people identify Seguin with the Stars, and will change overtime, but I still see him as Bruin.

Tell a Stars fan from 2009 that instead of players in their 20s like Brad Richards, Eriksson, Neal, Ott, Riberio they would have Spezza, Hemsky, Seguin, Sharp and Hudler by 2016? They would think you were making too many trades in your NHL 2010 simulator...

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anyone who wants to see a higher scoring NHL should just watch every Stars game.

This is actually true for both ends of the rink.

They score a ton of goals and they usually give up a decent amount, due to all that remains of Lehtonen being his bone dust and Niemi being mediocre. Nill really needs to pull the trigger on Bishop.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Jesus the stars are loaded on offense, going to be fun watching them

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I suspect that Dallas is not done making moves, especially if they can not come to terms with Valeri Nichushkin.

Dallas also has Julius Honka and Esa Lindell knocking on the door ready to play in the NHL this season, all they have to do is beat out Jordie Benn, Patrik Nemeth and Jamie Oleksiak for the job.

So it might not be out of the question that Nichushkin may get moved, and if Honka and Lindell win the defensive jobs that means Nemeth, Benn or Oleksiak may get moved or demoted as well.

Last edited:

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas

They score a ton of goals and they usually give up a decent amount, due to all that remains of Lehtonen being his bone dust and Niemi being mediocre. Nill really needs to pull the trigger on Bishop.

They have 14 forwards now, not including Val. It's coming.

Major Happy*

May 2, 2016

and their awful d-core.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

That's what I meant :yo:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
and their awful d-core.

Absolutely!

Their D core is why Lehtonen can't stop a beach ball and sunk them in 3 minutes during the 1st period of game 7 at home last year!

How dare their awful D core allow bad angle and point shots getting through to Lehtonen! You really think if Bishop played on their team that he would have had a .906 save percentage on the season for two years in a row? Or kept the lowest point playoff team in the last 6 years hanging around for 6 nailbiting games in round 1 of this year's playoffs? Never mind grenading them in round 2. 2010 Michael Leighton or Brian Boucher probably could have done better.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Looking forward to the all-Czech Hudler-Faksa-Hemsky line. :laugh:

Does anyone else feel that the Stars have become an almost Frankenstein's Monster of a team?

Outside of Benn, there's not many players who I identify as a "Star" player.

Spezza - Senator
Hemsky - Oiler
Seguin - Bruin
Sharp - Blackhawk
Eaves - Wing
Hudler - Wing
Hamhuis - Predator
Oduya - Devil
Lehtonen - Thrasher
Niemi - Shark

Obviously a lot of people identify Seguin with the Stars, and will change overtime, but I still see him as Bruin.

Tell a Stars fan from 2009 that instead of players in their 20s like Brad Richards, Eriksson, Neal, Ott, Riberio they would have Spezza, Hemsky, Seguin, Sharp and Hudler by 2016? They would think you were making too many trades in your NHL 2010 simulator...

Richards and Ribeiro were acquired via trade as well, y'know. It's not like the Stars went from a homegrown team to one built almost entirely by trade and UFA signing. ;)

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Dallas Stars current line up with Hudler.

LW Benn C Seguin RW Sharp
LW Janmark C Spezza RW Hudler
LW Roussel C Faksa RW Hemsky
LW Eaves C Eakin RW Ritchie

LD Hamhuis RD Klingberg
LD Oduya RD Johns
LD Benn RD Nemeth

#1 G Lehtonen
#2 G Niemi
Scratched List
RW Nichushkin < RFA
LD Oleksiak
RW Cracknell

No Honka? Or is he not ready?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I suspect that Dallas is not done making moves, especially if they can not come to terms with Valeri Nichushkin.

Dallas also has Julius Honka and Esa Lindell knocking on the door ready to play in the NHL this season, all they have to do is beat out Jordie Benn, Patrik Nemeth and Jamie Oleksiak for the job.

So it might not be out of the question that Nuchushkin may get moved, and if Honka and Lindell win the defensive jobs that means Nemeth, Benn or Oleksiak may get moved or demoted as well.

Lindell is 99.9% likely to be on the roster out of camp even if it means carrying 8D again. At this point I think every Stars fan is sick of 8D and the resulting lack of roster flexibility but it's still unknown if Nill is going to make moves to change it. Oleksiak has been and remains the odd man out and could be a cheap, low risk pickup for a rebuilding team. I think teams are wanting to get him on waivers and Nill might be too stubborn to ever put him on them.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Good for Jiri! Gets a chance to play with some real good players. Hopefully he can pick his production back up!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
?? Why... why all of the offense? Trade imminent perhaps for defence?

Hopefully a trade is imminent for goaltending.

I'd rather take my chances with Fleury than the two guys (particularly Lehtonen) that torpedoed them last year.

valente317

Jun 4, 2014
They have 14 forwards now, not including Val. It's coming.

Cracknell isn't an NHL forward. He's AHL depth, and won't be playing for the big Stars.

They have 13 forwards, with Nuke as an RFA.

One of three things is probably true:
-Val is seriously considering a return to the KHL/hold out
-There is another trade coming
-They try to sneak someone down on waivers (looking at you, MacKenzie)

with the last being the most likely, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad