Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Stars sign Jiri Hudler (1 yr, $2M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Kevin Klein, Brandon Halvorsen for Nish, Honka, 5th

Nuke could never play in the NHL ever again and I'd still turn that down. :laugh:

Klein's hardly an improvement on what we already have, and neither is Halverson, who'd be no more than a backup to Desrosiers in Texas. Or maybe even further down, in Idaho, depending on how Dallas's goalie prospects shake out.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If it happens i would guess Hudler plays with Spezza most of the time . All our other lines are usually very dependent on speed and IRC Hudler is not a fast player.

Still not 100% concinved it happens until i see a Stars writer source . If it happens ok i guess . Not really a need but would be so cheap and low risk that it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
He also had league-high goals against / 60. Good luck for your "strong" goaltending.
:laugh: Hudler had little to do with the goals scored against the Flames. The problems were goaltending and Hartley's system which overused the breakout pass and resulted in tons of quality scoring chances against, especially with Hudler, Gaudreau and Monahan were on the ice.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
:laugh: Hudler had little to do with the goals scored against the Flames. The problems were goaltending and Hartley's system which overused the breakout pass and resulted in tons of quality scoring chances against, especially with Hudler, Gaudreau and Monahan were on the ice.

Sounds like a same plan at Dallas to use a system which will lead to bad goaltending.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
As soon as this team adds bishop....You have to put Dallas at favourite to win the cup

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
As soon as this team adds bishop....You have to put Dallas at favourite to win the cup

Not necessarily. The offense-only system would need to be tweaked to allow Bishop to succeed and at that point the roster outside of Seguin, Benn, Spezza, Bishop and Klingberg looks less than stellar.

Dallas is a team that I think is repeatedly overrated. A good playoff team, but never a Cup favorite.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

I don't see how they do it, unless they intend to trade one of Niemi/Lehtonen elsewhere. I can't see why Tampa would take one of them back. They don't need to trade Bishop, but they do need his cap space next year. Both Niemi and Lehtonen have 2 years left on their contracts, while Bishop only has 1.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
All about offense.

Subpar defense and horrible goaltending.

Hope for them this signing means Bishop or MAF for Niemi and Nuke. If not, they won't win anytime soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad