Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Stars sign Jiri Hudler (1 yr, $2M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Thats a great deal. Gonna have to watch some more Dallas games this year, that offense is gonna be sick

valente317

Jun 4, 2014
No Honka? Or is he not ready?

Honka would have to score approximately 2PPG, be on the ice for no goals against, and save a child from a burning building while simultaneously quarterbacking the powerplay throughout the preseason to make the NHL roster out of camp.

He's good. He's close to ready. The Stars like him, and management keeps saying good things about him, but the fact of that matter is that he can be playing top-pairing, all-situation minutes in the AHL out of the gate this season without the Stars taking the risk of losing another asset.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Sounds like quite the modern day Czeching Line

latest

Really though, I liked that one.

DALLAS90

Aug 22, 2016
wow I can't believe we juss got Hudler, our offense is gunna be more crazy then it already was

DALLAS90

Aug 22, 2016
Hudler got 46 points on CGY & FLA. I see him getting 50, he could play on any 4 lines but will probably end up playing w/ Spezza

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
In all seriousness though, if Dallas plans on making it out of the 1st round of the playoffs they desperately need a #1 goalie not named Lehtonen or Niemi this season.

Dallas' #1 target should be Bishop, but the cost may be too much, plus Tampa may not want to part with Bishop this season, and would rather have him for their own playoff run.

The only other option is MA Fleury for a deep playoff run. Any other goaltender besides Bishop or Fleury for Dallas just won't do and Lehtonen or Niemi have already proved that they are not capable of carrying Dallas deep into the playoffs.

Dallas has a great offense, their defense is shaping up, but the only real problem Dallas has is in goal.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
In all seriousness though, if Dallas plans on making it out of the 1st round of the playoffs they desperately need a #1 goalie not named Lehtonen or Niemi this season.

Dallas' #1 target should be Bishop, but the cost may be too much, plus Tampa may not want to part with Bishop this season, and would rather have him for their own playoff run.

The only other option is MA Fleury for a deep playoff run. Any other goaltender besides Bishop or Fleury for Dallas just won't do and Lehtonen or Niemi have already proved that they are not capable of carrying Dallas deep into the playoffs.

Dallas has a great offense, their defense is shaping up, but the only real problem Dallas has is in goal.

Yea, its not like our goalies got us to within one game of the conference finals this past season or anything crazy like that.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Having one of the top superstars in the league in Tyler Seguin on the shelf for most of the playoffs, didn't do them any favours either. I wouldn't be so quick to place 100% of the blame for Dallas' exit on Kari and Nemo.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yea, its not like our goalies got us to within one game of the conference finals this past season or anything crazy like that.
I would argue if not for the goalies, you probably win the St Louis series at the very least. Even if Lehtonen played better just in game 7 and stopped all the bad goals, it goes to OT tied 1-1.
Having one of the top superstars in the league in Tyler Seguin on the shelf for most of the playoffs, didn't do them any favours either. I wouldn't be so quick to place 100% of the blame for Dallas' exit on Kari and Nemo.

I would place most of the blame on Lehtonen, especially in game 7. Literally every goal he allowed was stoppable. The first goal being the most forgivable one, but he made a weak attempt to cover. He had it covered but was too slow. The second goal was a bad angle softy that went through, then a point shot goal with barely any screen or deflection. He also allowed a dead angle softy when it was still 1-0 and it was waived off due to offsides. He was bailed out on that one. Then allowed an almost identical goal a minute later, only that time it counted though.

Only the second goal that Niemi allowed in that game, was one that I'd say he didn't have a chance on. First 3 Lehtonen goals (goals 2 and 3 being putrid) and goal 4 on Niemi were all stoppable at best.

You need better than sub .900 goaltending to get to the third round of the playoffs. It's a credit to the rest of the team that they made it to a game 7 in round two. The goaltenders were pedestrian for the most part. Lehtonen has been disgustingly putrid for two straight years. Niemi was identical to his last two Sharks seasons at even strength. But his save percentage while his team was on the power play was almost unheard of. I think he has a better chance of bouncing back.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's a fake source I'm sure. Dallas did not sign Hudler

I'm not gonna say they didn't sign Hudler, but I haven't heard of the source before.

Which is likely why this signing hasn't been confirmed yet. We shall at some point in the morning or afternoon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad