Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Stars sign Jiri Hudler (1 yr, $2M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
He's still relatively young. Look at the #3 from that year Drouin who appeared to be a perfect fit in TB. He just kinda got it finally in the playoffs.

Good point. It's easy to forget how young he is when you see him on the ice.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He's still relatively young. Look at the #3 from that year Drouin who appeared to be a perfect fit in TB. He just kinda got it finally in the playoffs.

Drouins skillset and IQ have always been top6 caliber, Cooper really stiffled him for a year and a half. Its different from a guy who cant put it together.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I don't understand how Nichuskin hasn't worked out in Dallas. His skillset on that style of team seems like a perfect fit

Hes fine. People just think that he has amounted to nothing because he isn't a 50 point winger after 2 full seasons.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Janmark is a better 2nd liner than Nichushkin.

But Janmark would fill a 3rd line role better. They essentially had the same P/60 last year. The difference is Janmark is better defensively. A Janmark - Faksa - Hemsky line is a freaking solid shut down line that can also be a scoring threat

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hudler is either playing 2nd line with Spezza or 4th line. While it would be kinda of funny to build a full Czecking line with Hudler-Faksa-Hemsky but Hudler doesn't seem like a good fit on a line that relies on speed.

Last edited:

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Solid signing for Dallas. Great price for a good player. would have never predicted this, though.

DALLAS90

Aug 22, 2016
Hudler can play on any 4 lines.. plus 1st or 2nd PP, our forwards are unbelievable, I can see 300 goals this year

Slush

Jan 26, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Dallas just got even stronger with this signing and Hudler doesn't have to feel like he's the main guy to score all the goals so with that he should produce a lot more points this year than he did this past season.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Dallas has a great offense, their defense is shaping up, but the only real problem Dallas has is in goal.
If you mean by shaping up, you mean improving I disagree.

Losing your 2 & 3 blueliners while adding a guy who's a #4 on a good team isn't moving in the right direction.

IMO any goalie can look bad with a porous defense in front of him. Lehtonen and Niemi aren't getting much help in their own end.

I guess the plan is to have a bunch of rookie blueliners play key minutes. They've got potential with their young blueliners, I just don't know if I'm trusting them with key minutes in the NHL yet.
Hudler can play on any 4 lines.. plus 1st or 2nd PP, our forwards are unbelievable, I can see 300 goals this year
Won't help if they get 310 goals against.

DALLAS90

Aug 22, 2016
Hamhuis - Klingberg
Oduya - Johns
Lindell - Nemeth/Benn

thats what its gunna be opening night unless something happens.

Russell - Demers were the 3rd pair in the playoffs BECAUSE Johns played so good while Demers was injured, don't you remember it was Oduya - Demers the entire season til he got injured in the MTL game?

I'm not saying its a NSH D core but its not as bad as ppl make it, Lindell is gunna be good Top 4 D once he gets going imo plus we have Honka waiting whos gunna be as good as Klingberg imo

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Hudler is either playing 2nd line with Spezza or 4th line. While it would be kinda of funny to build a full Czecking line with Hudler-Faksa-Hemsky but Hudler doesn't seem like a good fit on a line that relies on speed.

He has actually one of the best trailer-slappers in the NHL. He fits well with speedy players if they can think with him, which those two can.

Last edited:

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Kinda hard to do when he only played 53 games in Calgary. His pace while in CGY was over 50 points in 82 games.

Lol?

He still got to play substantial time with Gaudreau and Monahan this year and still couldn't put up 50 points. The argument that 50 points is a "lowball number" if he gets to play with good linemates, that all depends on what Hudler you get.

If you get 2014-2015 Hudler, yeah he probably sees 70+ points like he was able to put up with Gaudreau and Monahan.

If you get 2015-2016 Hudler, not only will he put up less than 50 points with good linemates, he will be hurting the point total of whoever he does get to play with.

leafsnat1on

Jan 16, 2014
Toronto
If thats true that's incredible

Seguin Spezza, Benn, Hemsky, Sharp Nuke Hudler that offense is disgusting if true

Not saying all these players are one dimensional, but having all similar offensively minded players will not win them the cup.

I see zero grit in there even if Benn plays hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad