Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Miro Heiskanen signs extension with the Stars (8 years, $8.45M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Not really, the Avs are not in a cap crunch.
They are now. Most were hoping Makar to get 8.8-9.2ish AAV

Now all of a sudden Heiskanen just got the richest AAV for a defenseman coming off their ELC ever and Makar who is in the exact same situation literally just doubled Heiskanen’s production. Colorado are f***ed lol.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Career high of 35 points..

Not a fan of deals like this. Could end up worth it, but you’re paying for things he hasn’t done yet.

Ignatius

Utah Direwolf
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
To those of you saying that this is too much to pay for Miro, just remember that Dallas had the opportunity to trade him to Ottawa for Erik Karlsson. So would you rather be paying 4Miro or EK65?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
They are now. Most were hoping Makar to get 8.8-9.2ish AAV

Now all of a sudden Heiskanen just got the richest AAV for a defenseman coming off their ELC ever and Makar who is in the exact same situation literally just doubled Heiskanen’s production. Colorado are f***ed lol.
You can't just compare production with these guys.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Career high of 35 points..

Not a fan of deals like this. Could end up worth it, but you’re paying for things he hasn’t done yet.

The thing about Heiskanen is - he can defend. His comparables Makar and Dahlin are worse on that department.

Reactions: Mestaruus

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
This is the first big domino to fall for Makar/Fox/Hughes negotiations and unfortunately for the Avs and Rangers its not a good one.

Mind you I think Heiskanen is absolutely unquestionably worth that money, I think the hope/belief was that with Covid it would maybe drive that first contract of this group down a little.

The hope was probably more along the lines of ~7.5-8 for Miro and Hughes, ~9-9.5 for Makar and then 10-10.5 for Fox.

Now I think Makar has an easy argument for 10+, and Fox can look at whatever Makar signs and add another 500k-1M thanks to his Norris trophy.

Obviously its possible guys take discounts. But at this point I think it'll be a 10M deal for Makar and 10.5M for Fox. Hughes comes in slightly under Heiskanen at 8M.

hopefully in a bittersweet move they can use makar’s injury against him in negotiation

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I reckon that's a great deal for Dallas. Quality player.

The only people who could be against it are a) fans of his rivals or b) capped, points-only keeper league GMs who own him.

Heiskanen isn't great in any keeper league format tbh. I'm in a league with 12 skater categories and he was the 60th ranked dman.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What else can you compare? Defense? How do you argue defense in a contract negotiation? If it’s metrics that won’t help Sakic’s case.
If we would only compare production the contract negotiations would be easy. Just look at the data, same table league wide.

Don't get me wrong, Makar should get paid more. But if he signs for 8x 9.5 or 10 mil that's a great deal for the Avs, and about what I expected all along.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Who cares. He's 2 years older also.
ef8.jpg

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I like the deal. Dallas got this stud locked up long term and even if there is an argument he’s overpaid for a season or two it’s a good deal long term. Great player and well done Dallas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad