Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Miro Heiskanen signs extension with the Stars (8 years, $8.45M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
It's going to be interesting for Quinn Hughes in particular. I could see Makar and Fox sign 8-year deals too. He might be the only player that doesn't get the 8Y term.

Vancouver may be limited by their cap to only signing Hughes to a bridge deal at most. It will be difficult to build that deal without any other comparable contracts.

Reactions: jabubenice

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
It's paying for what he is now. We are in an era where elite RFAs will be paid what they're worth, and UFAs will be less overpaid than previously.

I mean, of a sort. I will say that the RFA market is still very different from the UFA market. 8M is still really good value for Heiskanen, especially on an 8 year term. He would get considerably more, likely in the tens, if he was a UFA on the same term. The latter's the bigger get here.

Reactions: deckercky

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Gotta think Hamilton, Fox and Makar will be more than this. Interested to see how those contracts shake down.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
He'll be a top 5 most expensive dman in the league, which he is not in my opinion. You're essentially paying for his potential.

Getting paid more than what Pietrangelo got last summer, and Hedman the summer previous.
Did I misread something? 8M is right around #10 for dmen and about 10% less than piets.
NHL Rankings

Edit: numbers were posted as I was posting this. At the time it was rumored to be around 8

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
It's going to be interesting for Quinn Hughes in particular. I could see Makar and Fox sign 8-year deals too. He might be the only player that doesn't get the 8Y term.

Vancouver may be limited by their cap to only signing Hughes to a bridge deal at most. It will be difficult to build that deal without any other comparable contracts.

Werenski, McAvoy signed at the same cap the league is currently at.

pretty easy comparables for vancouver

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Had to lock him up, great player but does seem a little steep. I guess if the cap starts going up again after a couple years it'll look better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad