Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Miro Heiskanen signs extension with the Stars (8 years, $8.45M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
He'll be a top 5 most expensive dman in the league, which he is not in my opinion. You're essentially paying for his potential.

Getting paid more than what Pietrangelo got last summer, and Hedman the summer previous.

Pietrangelo has a higher AAV, so you are wrong there. Hedman signed his deal at 10.79% of the cap, while Miro signed his deal at 10.37% of the cap. You can't just compare eras without controlling for inflation.

I guess that makes you double wrong.

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
He'll be a top 5 most expensive dman in the league, which he is not in my opinion. You're essentially paying for his potential.

Getting paid more than what Pietrangelo got last summer, and Hedman the summer previous.

I know it's been a long time since the Leafs played the Stars but your evaluation of Heiskanen seems off. He's a young franchise 1st D, a top 10-15 D already in the NHL at 21 y/o. Should be value in the same ballpark as Chabot (8 M$ for 8 years). It's essentially the same contract he got.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I know it's been a long time since the Leafs played the Stars but your evaluation of Heiskanen seems off. He's a young franchise 1st D, a top 10-15 D already in the NHL at 21 y/o. Should be value in the same ballpark as Chabot (8 M$ for 8 years). It's essentially the same contract he got.

That's understandable, I only see him a few times a year. Which is why most of you are probably right on those saying it's a steal.

I guess time will tell.

Reactions: Revansky

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Werenski, McAvoy signed at the same cap the league is currently at.

pretty easy comparables for vancouver

I would be ecstatic if Hughes signs a bridge around 3y x 5m. I suspect that the market has evolved in the two years since those deals were signed. I suspect the ask from Hughes is closer to 6.0-6.5 for that term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad