Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Miro Heiskanen signs extension with the Stars (8 years, $8.45M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Gotta think Hamilton, Fox and Makar will be more than this. Interested to see how those contracts shake down.
Makar, yes.
Fox, probably. It depends if he wants to give his childhood team a discount or not.
Hamilton shouldn't make that much but as a UFA, who knows.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I don't know what happened to him last year but two years ago he was the best player in the playoffs.

Absolute steal. He's every bit as valuable as the highest paid players in the league.

He had covid at the start of the season, Dallas had the most condensed schedule basically playing every second night or back to back, and they had a lot of players miss time with injuries

Whether he just had a bad year, or all the above played apart is anyone’s guess

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Damn it. Was hoping they extended Dahlin for at most 7.5M. This makes that unlikely. Our only hope is how much Kreuger destroyed him

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Sure, that's a lot of money but if it were me, I wouldn't quibble over dollars for an excellent defender with upside for more. Miro is a pretty special player

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
He'll be a top 5 most expensive dman in the league, which he is not in my opinion. You're essentially paying for his potential.

Matthews, Tavares, Marner... I`d rather have Miro at 8,5M than two of theese contracts. This is also an 8yr deal - Not a 5yr.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This is the first big domino to fall for Makar/Fox/Hughes negotiations and unfortunately for the Avs and Rangers its not a good one.

Mind you I think Heiskanen is absolutely unquestionably worth that money, I think the hope/belief was that with Covid it would maybe drive that first contract of this group down a little.

The hope was probably more along the lines of ~7.5-8 for Miro and Hughes, ~9-9.5 for Makar and then 10-10.5 for Fox.

Now I think Makar has an easy argument for 10+, and Fox can look at whatever Makar signs and add another 500k-1M thanks to his Norris trophy.

Obviously its possible guys take discounts. But at this point I think it'll be a 10M deal for Makar and 10.5M for Fox. Hughes comes in slightly under Heiskanen at 8M.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
I reckon that's a great deal for Dallas. Quality player.

The only people who could be against it are a) fans of his rivals or b) capped, points-only keeper league GMs who own him.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Big first domino to fall for the likes of Makar/Hughes/Fox etc.

Gonna be some eye popping numbers for Fox and Makar IMO, both have more hardware in the trophy case and have been far better players.

If Miro is taking 8.5M I am guessing Fox and Makar are looking at 10+

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I absolutely hate 8 year deals. Love the player but good luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad