D Tomáš Galvas - HC Olomouc U20, Czech U20 (2024 Draft)

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
It's a tough argument because I obviously enjoy Goodman a lot but I've actually really enjoyed a lot of dirtyfighters thoughts as well.

Galvas was being built like a local god after that US tournament and then got hurt, didn't make the U18 and I was wondering if I'd ever see him. I finally saw him at the Hlinka and holy hell did he stand out.

5th rounder or late 1st rounder... I mean, I keep seeing him appearing on players to watch lists and early draft ranking lists.. McKeens on here had him first round Draftin Europe on here has him first round. This article mentions him as a player to watch.

obviously, none of those are exhaustive draft rankings but his name is definitely popping up and he's on the draft radar for sure.

He definitely has some buzz and eyes on him. A strong season and a strong U18 in April and I think he can push round 1. We will see. Raw project for sure but that skating and aggressiveness is beautiful.
I agree. Discussions like that in July/August are stupid and pointless anyway. Too much can change and being right in the end doesn't actually prove anything. Most teams don't actually rank players (not even on regional lists) until December or so – and the reason is not that they aren't watching these guys enough.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
It's a tough argument because I obviously enjoy Goodman a lot but I've actually really enjoyed a lot of dirtyfighters thoughts as well.

Galvas was being built like a local god after that US tournament and then got hurt, didn't make the U18 and I was wondering if I'd ever see him. I finally saw him at the Hlinka and holy hell did he stand out.

5th rounder or late 1st rounder... I mean, I keep seeing him appearing on players to watch lists and early draft ranking lists.. McKeens on here had him first round Draftin Europe on here has him first round. This article mentions him as a player to watch.

obviously, none of those are exhaustive draft rankings but his name is definitely popping up and he's on the draft radar for sure.

He definitely has some buzz and eyes on him. A strong season and a strong U18 in April and I think he can push round 1. We will see. Raw project for sure but that skating and aggressiveness is beautiful.
I would just like to repeat once more what I have repeated many times. I'm definitely not saying that Galvas will DEFINITELY be drafted in the first round. I am already too experienced in this and know that things can change radically in this direction. He is not a player for whom it is clear 2 years in advance that if something extraordinary happens, he will still dominate the game. I always wrote (and repeated over and over to the statistician, even though he is obviously ignorant and keeps repeating his lies..) that this is POTENTIAL Galvas. And I also wrote that a lot can change before the draft. Which happened too. For example, Jiříček became the team's best defender during that time. And this is exactly what the ignoramus does not understand. So can Galvas be a first round draft pick? According to me, yes, and not only according to me. However, its development must continue in the right direction. Was Galvas a more dominant player a year ago? Yes, he was. Again, it's about things changing..
I wish he would understand this for once..

Reactions: Czechboy

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I would just like to repeat once more what I have repeated many times. I'm definitely not saying that Galvas will DEFINITELY be drafted in the first round. I am already too experienced in this and know that things can change radically in this direction. He is not a player for whom it is clear 2 years in advance that if something extraordinary happens, he will still dominate the game. I always wrote (and repeated over and over to the statistician, even though he is obviously ignorant and keeps repeating his lies..) that this is POTENTIAL Galvas. And I also wrote that a lot can change before the draft. Which happened too. For example, Jiříček became the team's best defender during that time. And this is exactly what the ignoramus does not understand. So can Galvas be a first round draft pick? According to me, yes, and not only according to me. However, its development must continue in the right direction. Was Galvas a more dominant player a year ago? Yes, he was. Again, it's about things changing..
He might have been more dominant that one Summer tournament, but the competition back then was weak. I would argue the final against Canada was the best I have seen Galvas play, one of the three Czechs (Jiricek, Benak) who was able to go head to head with pretty much any Canadian and still come out on top.

Btw, Voodoozz's highlight video clearly shows Galvas getting the primary assist on Klima's goal, for whatever reason it was given to Hlinsky.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
He might have been more dominant that one Summer tournament, but the competition back then was weak. I would argue the final against Canada was the best I have seen Galvas play, one of the three Czechs (Jiricek, Benak) who was able to go head to head with pretty much any Canadian and still come out on top.

Btw, Voodoozz's highlight video clearly shows Galvas getting the primary assist on Klima's goal, for whatever reason it was given to Hlinsky.
The competition was certainly weaker. However, he was similarly dominant in the U16 matches against the Swedes and Finns. However, I don't know how strong their rosters were back then.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Totally understand and I also think he's got first round potential. Like you say, potential doesn't mean fact. He has a year to prove himself. Like wooren says.. he was outstanding against Canada and that is the best measuring stick. I'm sure scouts noticed too. Hope for extraliga starts and a good U18.

Reactions: Goodman68

czech

Feb 23, 2009
This year, the regular "Junior Extraliga" championship started much earlier than usual. So far, Galvas looks great in the first games for u20. Surely Galvas will join the senior team as soon as the championship starts.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Playing today with U20 squad, so he will probably not start the season in the first team. Thats a shame.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Watched the game against Olomouc today and boy did he looked good!

Very mature and mistake free performance, had couple of good interceptions and blocekd shots in the back and also some nice moves, passes and created goal chances up front. If his teamates finished better he could easily earn an assist or two today.

Honestly right now he is looking even better then Jiricek. I know this was discussed in a length on this topic already, but for me he is a first round contender.

Only dowside was that he is really small right now, 177 is decent but 67kg is not enough imo and he needs to get stronger. Sometimes it really showed today and sometimes he struggled in the 1 on 1 physical play.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Watched the game against Olomouc today and boy did he looked good!

Very mature and mistake free performance, had couple of good interceptions and blocekd shots in the back and also some nice moves, passes and created goal chances up front. If his teamates finished better he could easily earn an assist or two today.

Honestly right now he is looking even better then Jiricek. I know this was discussed in a length on this topic already, but for me he is a first round contender.

Only dowside was that he is really small right now, 177 is decent but 67kg is not enough imo and he needs to get stronger. Sometimes it really showed today and sometimes he struggled in the 1 on 1 physical play.
Thanks, now we are due for yet another post from a certain user who will remind us again what a crap prospect Galvas is, because he went pointless at Hlinka and no relevant prospect ever does that. :thumbd::sarcasm:

On a more serious note - I watched his first game with Liberec and he looked excellent in that one as well. Honestly surprised he has looked this good already at the pro level.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Thanks, now we are due for yet another post from a certain user who will remind us again what a crap prospect Galvas is, because he went pointless at Hlinka and no relevant prospect ever does that. :thumbd::sarcasm:

On a more serious note - I watched his first game with Liberec and he looked excellent in that one as well. Honestly surprised he has looked this good already at the pro level.
You mean our favorite statistician? :sarcasm:
I haven't seen a single match, but it doesn't surprise me. Although his physical parameters make me a little nervous. That he won't be tall..ok, but that he plays professional hockey with such a weight, that's really to be considered. He's really still a boy physically, I'm afraid that someone will bruise him..

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
You mean our favorite statistician? :sarcasm:
I haven't seen a single match, but it doesn't surprise me. Although his physical parameters make me a little nervous. That he won't be tall..ok, but that he plays professional hockey with such a weight, that's really to be considered. He's really still a boy physically, I'm afraid that someone will bruise him..

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019

I absolutely did not say that but obviously the extreme distortion of an initial statement (not 1st round profile because it is not dominant enough compared to its size) is an easy strategy. With the emergence of Silayev, this further closes the door to a 1st round selection for Galvas. I don't see how he can be selected ahead of Silayev, Dickinson, Skahan. And among the smaller left-handed defenders, Kiviharju, Hutson and Vaisanen are ahead.

He will certainly be a very good European elite league player. The NHL is another song. Places are rare for players of his profile. This requires exceptional talent.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I absolutely did not say that but obviously the extreme distortion of an initial statement (not 1st round profile because it is not dominant enough compared to its size) is an easy strategy. With the emergence of Silayev, this further closes the door to a 1st round selection for Galvas. I don't see how he can be selected ahead of Silayev, Dickinson, Skahan. And among the smaller left-handed defenders, Kiviharju, Hutson and Vaisanen are ahead.

He will certainly be a very good European elite league player. The NHL is another song. Places are rare for players of his profile. This requires exceptional talent.

And that almost a month old, he Is now throwing even more impressive performances and hopefully he will get even more toi Now.

And I am sorry but Dickinson, Hutson And Skahan are all playing only at junior level, having surely much more toi, and Its also so much easier to look dominant there then amongst men.

Kiviharju and Vaisanen are at least point wise at the same level as Galvas now. Of course I havent seen them play, but I have seen Galvas multiple times and I just cant imagine them playing that much better. And ELH and Liiga are basically at the same level, So I dont see any reason, why he should not stand a chance against them.

Plus of course some team can take him instead of a forward also.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

And that almost a month old, he Is now throwing even more impressive performances and hopefully he will get even more toi Now.

And I am sorry but Dickinson, Hutson And Skahan are all playing only at junior level, having surely much more toi, and Its also so much easier to look dominant there then amongst men.

Kiviharju and Vaisanen are at least point wise at the same level as Galvas now. Of course I havent seen them play, but I have seen Galvas multiple times and I just cant imagine them playing that much better. And ELH and Liiga are basically at the same level, So I dont see any reason, why he should not stand a chance against them.

I think that the conviction of the gentleman who may still not have seen Galvas play (I don't know..) won't spoil anything. Nor any other.. Tony..:nono:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I really am curious where he ends up getting drafted.lol

Goes 1st round and it'd be hillarious
Doesn't get drafted at all would be hillarious too

He reminds me of Lambert in that he has the insane skating skilset and really stands out but I'm not sure he has it altogether. Everytime I saw him at Hlinka he looked awesome to me though.

Note: yes, I know Lambert is a forward and a different kind of player.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
I really am curious where he ends up getting drafted.lol

Goes 1st round and it'd be hillarious
Doesn't get drafted at all would be hillarious too

He reminds me of Lambert in that he has the insane skating skilset and really stands out but I'm not sure he has it altogether. Everytime I saw him at Hlinka he looked awesome to me though.

Note: yes, I know Lambert is a forward and a different kind of player.
My comparison would be Luca Cagnoni. Excellent skater, high-end junior player, viewed as a first-rounder by public scouts but falls to the fourth round because of his size.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019

The physical size is fundamental. Kiviharju and Vaisanen are already less "small" and the Liiga is still a much superior championship. The differences in results in CHL are obvious. So in Europe, there are 3 left-handed defenders indisputably up front.

Dickinson and Skahan are physical monsters, a fundamental and irremediable criterion. Cole Hutson, if we assume that he has a level close to his brother and that he is more advanced in his growth, it is heavy too.

Left-handed defenders under 5-11 in the 1st round are very rare.

The reality will be very virulent. You have to be lucid. A Czech in the first round today is a rarity. Breaking through a Czech team's roster isn't enough.

Tomas Galvas will not be selected in the 1st round. That's all I'm saying. If I'm wrong, I'll apologize. But I expect the same, if the facts give me reason.

• Haha

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The physical size is fundamental. Kiviharju and Vaisanen are already less "small" and the Liiga is still a much superior championship. The differences in results in CHL are obvious. So in Europe, there are 3 left-handed defenders indisputably up front.

Dickinson and Skahan are physical monsters, a fundamental and irremediable criterion. Cole Hutson, if we assume that he has a level close to his brother and that he is more advanced in his growth, it is heavy too.

Left-handed defenders under 5-11 in the 1st round are very rare.

The reality will be very virulent. You have to be lucid. A Czech in the first round today is a rarity. Breaking through a Czech team's roster isn't enough.

Tomas Galvas will not be selected in the 1st round. That's all I'm saying. If I'm wrong, I'll apologize. But I expect the same, if the facts give me reason.
Czechs in round one are a nice streak right now. 2 in a row and this year and next year should have one too (Jiricek and Benak). Not saying they aren't rare but a round 1 talent is not out of the question.. sale, Kulich and jiricek.

Do you have him going undrafted or later rounds?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad