D Tomáš Galvas - HC Olomouc U20, Czech U20 (2024 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
You're going to look like a fool when he gets picked low in the draft.

In 10 months, it's over. You will no longer be able to invent scouts who see the same thing as you.

It's crazy to hang on to your ego when things don't go your way.

Not selected for U18 tournament as outclassed as Adam Jiricek was, 177cm and 67kg physique at 17, left-handed rather than right-handed, struggles in Czech U20, never scores a goal, has no notable performance, not really asked for the CHL import draft... This guy will never be selected in the 1st round. You can contradict one of his facts, but all of them combined are checkmate.

It would take a metamorphosis for the situation to change.

You will say Mr.Stat because you made him a champion on a Youtube sequence without trying to understand the profile of the players selected high.
You guys are really fun:popcorn:
He was not selected in the CHL draft. Maybe you should find out how such a draft even works:laugh:
Yes, the non-coach Petr did not choose him precisely for reasons of insufficient physical preparation to choose Skok, who played a few substitutions at the championship. And the non-coach Petr literally murdered his team with his coaching. And Skok played the seventh defender at the HG Cup, because this coach, unlike the non-coach Peter, is not stupid.
Yes, Mr. Statistics, no one understands what kind of player he is, and you did. How else, from statistics:bow::joker:

Kase

May 1, 2016
Of course it's way too early to give any definitive opinions when the season hasn't really even started yet, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Galvas went closer to 5th than 1st round. See Vladimir Grudinin, who went 5th round even though he was pretty consistently ranked in the 2nd round and some even had him as a late 1st rounder. And I think Grudinin and Galvas have pretty similar profiles, ie. last name that starts with a G, small and light two way LHD who don't necessarily have clearly projectable standout offensive skill.

Last edited:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
You guys are really fun:popcorn:
He was not selected in the CHL draft. Maybe you should find out how such a draft even works:laugh:
Yes, the non-coach Petr did not choose him precisely for reasons of insufficient physical preparation to choose Skok, who played a few substitutions at the championship. And the non-coach Petr literally murdered his team with his coaching. And Skok played the seventh defender at the HG Cup, because this coach, unlike the non-coach Peter, is not stupid.
Yes, Mr. Statistics, no one understands what kind of player he is, and you did. How else, from statistics:bow::joker:
Selected 76th.

The reality of June 2024 and subsequent seasons will speak anyway. You will no longer be able to hide behind provocations that I only read statistics and that I am blind.

See you soon.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Of course it's way too early to give any definitive opinions when the season hasn't really even started yet, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Galvas went closer to 5th than 1st round. See Vladimir Grudinin, who went 5th round even though he was pretty consistently ranked in the 2nd round and some even had him as a late 1st rounder. And I think Grudinin and Galvas have pretty similar profiles, ie. last name that starts with a G, small and light two way LHD who don't necessarily have clearly projectable standout offensive skill.
That's very true. I think there's nothing wrong with saying that he should be picked in a certain range, and if it doesn't happen, it comes down to that the level of players at a certain point gets to be very similar and everyone is deciding between which player that is unlikely to play a big role in the NHL they prefer the most. It doesn't mean there's a big difference between a player if they go round 2 as opposed to round 5. Sometimes, it will, but often times it might be the difference between being like 30 on a team list and 60 on a team list.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Selected 76th.

The reality of June 2024 and subsequent seasons will speak anyway. You will no longer be able to hide behind provocations that I only read statistics and that I am blind.

See you soon.
Sure:tvhappy:
By the way, 76 is the fifth round?:joker: You can't even count:facepalm:

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
"He was not selected in the CHL draft"
You have repeated it a second time and I am writing to you for the second time that you do not know how it works:laugh:
Edit:
Oh, so he was #76 in the CHL draft.
So why did you write that he was not selected at all. Well, nothing, everything is in vain here.

Last edited:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
You have repeated it a second time and I am writing to you for the second time that you do not know how it works:laugh:
Edit:
Oh, so he was #76 in the CHL draft.
So why did you write that he was not selected at all. Well, nothing, everything is in vain here.
"not really asked for the CHL import draft"

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
So third, you don't know how the CHL draft works. A Czech colleague tried to explain it to you a little higher. In vain :DD
This is useless trolling.

Of course I know that the order of the CHL draft does not mean anything because it depends on the agreements with the players.

To be honest, I'm not even sure that Galvas is profitable for a CHL franchise.

Hamara, a year older, a higher level of play and a better size, was not easy.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
This is useless trolling.

Of course I know that the order of the CHL draft does not mean anything because it depends on the agreements with the players.

To be honest, I'm not even sure that Galvas is profitable for a CHL franchise.

Hamara, a year older, a higher level of play and a better size, was not easy.
You don't know what you would come up with..

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
That Galvas is a very good Czech junior team player, I have always agreed. A level similar to its brother - 5th round profile with a small frame is something.

That puts him around 25-30 among left-handed defenders in the world.

1st round is out of reach. You really need a player of the caliber of Aron Kiviharju and Cole Hutson.

The list is not exhaustive and does not claim to rank the best players. Last year he made a top 10.

He simply presents elite players who have increased their rating and unknown players who have proven themselves to be good players in his eyes. There is also the desire to present the nations in an equivalent way.

Which explains the absence of Ryder Ritchie and many others.

Adam Jiricek does not belong to any category.

Tony Ferrari is not God. He does not have the divine word. On my reference site, Galvas is not mentioned among the Czechs. Ondrej Kos is particularly praised.

And it's not a clown site. They were talking about Simashev as a big prospect as soon as the 2021-22 season ended.

Last edited:

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I would say you are a common liar. They say you always recognized him as a good player. Suddenly.
Until now, he was something like a "local hero" for you - an international zero. That's an approximate quote from the past. And he never wrote anything positive about him in the past.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I would say you are a common liar. They say you always recognized him as a good player. Suddenly.
Until now, he was something like a "local hero" for you - an international zero. That's an approximate quote from the past. And he never wrote anything positive about him in the past.
If you have the level to be drafted, you are good. But he does not have the level of his profile sufficient for an NHL career.

Only 20 defensemen a year have an NHL career. I hardly see him being one of them. He will go after the more talented and/or more physical defenders and there are more than 20 of them.

I just challenged his 1st round status and potential top 10 that you give him.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
If you have the level to be drafted, you are good. But he does not have the level of his profile sufficient for an NHL career.

Only 20 defensemen a year have an NHL career. I hardly see him being one of them. He will go after the more talented and/or more physical defenders and there are more than 20 of them.

I just challenged his 1st round status and potential top 10 that you give him.
International zero, your words.
And your floundering in the first round and even the top 10. I would probably repeat to the clown afterwards that I didn't write anything like that, that yes, it will definitely be like this. But you don't have anything else to argue about, so you just go over what's written over and over again.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
International zero, your words.
And your floundering in the first round and even the top 10. I would probably repeat to the clown afterwards that I didn't write anything like that, that yes, it will definitely be like this. But you don't have anything else to argue about, so you just go over what's written over and over again.
You are too rude and contemptuous for me to give up. You had to respect me.

I leave you alone and I will come back only to underline its rank, far from the top 32, in 10 months.

Bye.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
You are too rude and contemptuous for me to give up. You had to respect me.

I leave you alone and I will come back only to underline its rank, far from the top 32, in 10 months.

Bye.
And your other words: you must be literally the only person who thinks he could even be drafted in the first round. The more it turns out that I'm really not the only one (not only the fans, but also the scouts admit it), the more you kick around, apologize for your statements, etc.
And I will conclude by saying (hopefully you will really give it a rest) that, unlike you, I never claimed that something would definitely happen regarding Galvas in the draft. I always wrote, it can happen..
Goodbye Mr. Statistics.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Kinda funny they mention that Jiricek was great but he is not on this list :D ... or am I missing something?
I thought that was hillarious too!

I think, at this point, it's a given he's going top 15 so they mentioned others.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

It's a tough argument because I obviously enjoy Goodman a lot but I've actually really enjoyed a lot of dirtyfighters thoughts as well.

Galvas was being built like a local god after that US tournament and then got hurt, didn't make the U18 and I was wondering if I'd ever see him. I finally saw him at the Hlinka and holy hell did he stand out.

5th rounder or late 1st rounder... I mean, I keep seeing him appearing on players to watch lists and early draft ranking lists.. McKeens on here had him first round Draftin Europe on here has him first round. This article mentions him as a player to watch.

obviously, none of those are exhaustive draft rankings but his name is definitely popping up and he's on the draft radar for sure.

He definitely has some buzz and eyes on him. A strong season and a strong U18 in April and I think he can push round 1. We will see. Raw project for sure but that skating and aggressiveness is beautiful.

Reactions: czech

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad