Prospect Info: (D) Nolan Allan - 2021 32nd Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Live look at Stanley picking the first name from his alphabetical draft board
9T46Ofj.png

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
lol imagine being optimistic.

Accept the reality that they drafted a 4th rounder.

No offense, poor defender BUT HE THROWS BIG HITS WOW

Can't wait to see his illustrious career in Rockford play out...
Possibly Megan Hunter's choice ? He does seem like a sure thing and If Mark Kelley was involved I have to be optimistic.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Just as a thought experiment, can anyone think of players who were (a) consensus ranked around 80 by the various scouting services, (b) taken in the 1st by a smartest guy in the room gm, and (c) proved everyone wrong and outplayed the consensus rankings?

Kekalainen does draft off the board all the time. The TSN guys and probably many scouts and maybe even GM's didn't know Chinakov at all but he selected him in the 1st round. So far so good, kid did well for KHL Omsk.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Just as a thought experiment, can anyone think of players who were (a) consensus ranked around 80 by the various scouting services, (b) taken in the 1st by a smartest guy in the room gm, and (c) proved everyone wrong and outplayed the consensus rankings?

stan should familiarize himself with wisdom of the crowd theory...consensus rankings on average are more accurate than one individual ranking...never understood why teams dont just crowd source boards and aggregate them, rank them by consensus then pick +/- 5 spots based on need/like of a player instead of this pick someone 50 spots ahead of consensus...odds are your wrong and crowd (market) is right, one example of this in practice is using wall st quarterly estimates, when they are aggregated together the forecasts are on avg very accurate versus just trying to build one model and competing against 30+ extremely smart ppl and forecast better

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Kekalainen does draft off the board all the time. The TSN guys and probably many scouts and maybe even GM's didn't know Chinakov at all but he selected him in the 1st round. So far so good, kid did well for KHL Omsk.

I was referring to players who have played in the nhl.

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
Very good speed. Good size. Good defender. Makes it hard for opponents to enter zone. Looked great at U18's. When you're getting the second best defenseman out of the DUB at #32 you should be pleased. Always good to select from Major Junior.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Very good speed. Good size. Good defender. Makes it hard for opponents to enter zone. Looked great at U18's. When you're getting the second best defenseman out of the DUB at #32 you should be pleased. Always good to select from Major Junior.

I haven't seen much of him besides but he wasn't good at the WJC18. Biggest disappointment certainly among Canada's defenders. Hasn't played a lot otherwise so I'm surprised the Blackhawks took him this early.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He's not a good defender and he's not fast. You're delusional.

Reactions: SuterHaglshev

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He skates well and he is a solid defender. I get you dont like the pick but when you make up false narratives it kills the validity of your other takes which are true.
He's a poor defender. Watch him play.

Really bad at making reads, hits guys and then ends up way behind on the play, gets burned by faster guys. He won't pan out.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He's a poor defender. Watch him play.

Really bad at making reads, hits guys and then ends up way behind on the play, gets burned by faster guys. He won't pan out.
I won't pretend that I've seen a lot of his play. But your description of Allan isn't anything close to the guy I saw play for Team Canada. He played a heavy game with a good reach that he used effectively and was pretty solid defensively.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I won't pretend that I've seen a lot of his play. But your description of Allan isn't anything close to the guy I saw play for Team Canada. He played a heavy game with a good reach that he used effectively and was pretty solid defensively.
Musto is one of the most consistently, comically bad talent evaluators I've ever seen on a message board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad