Prospect Info: (D) Nolan Allan - 2021 32nd Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
In the final 9:30 of 3rd period of the gold medal game of the U18 with Canada holding a one goal lead, Allan had 1:42 of ice time until the empty net goal.

The other left side D-men...

Zelweger- 4:07
Del Mastro: 3:17

It would appear the Canadian coach trusted Del Mastro more than Allan.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
All I needed was @Hinterland’s assessment to convince me he’ll be solid. “Im holding out for our next Hammer”

Again, I'll happily admit I haven't watched him much but based on what I've seen at the WJC18, Del Mastro is the much better player. Therefore I'm also not surprised he's more trusted than Allan. Of course Allan could still have higher upside but I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe he could ever live up to a 1st round draft selection. Again though, small sample size. Blackhawks scouts I hope watched him a lot more.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
When you look at the defensemen that were on the table when this pick was announced.....
This pick made my stomach hurt....

Zellweger, Chayka, Morrow, Heimosalmi, Nause, Moser, Behrens, Kirsanov,
Whynot, Ottavainen, Del Maestro, Ufko... i could continue but....

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
When you look at the defensemen that were on the table when this pick was announced.....
This pick made my stomach hurt....

Zellweger, Chayka, Morrow, Heimosalmi, Nause, Moser, Behrens, Kirsanov,
Whynot, Ottavainen, Del Maestro, Ufko... i could continue but....
It's funny because they drafted a "defense first" defenseman who can't defend to save his life.

Kirsanov is a top tier shutdown defender. If that's what they wanted so bad, he was right there.

Want offense? Zellweger was on the board.

Want size and skating ability? Morrow was on the board.

And that's not mentioning the great forward prospects on the board. Truly an embarrassing pick.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It's funny because they drafted a "defense first" defenseman who can't defend to save his life.

Kirsanov is a top tier shutdown defender. If that's what they wanted so bad, he was right there.

And that's not mentioning the great forward prospects on the board. Truly an embarrassing pick.
I doubt a single scout would agree with that assessment.
From what I've seen the embarrassing acquisitions have been Mitchell and Strome. Hopefully, Mitchell will improve but his debut was a huge disappointment.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009

I haven't seen a single report from a credible source, saying he can't defend.

Reactions: Pez68 and BobbyJet

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Watch him play. He's awful in his own end.
I saw him play at the WJC. He was good in his own end. I'm not saying it was the strongest pick by the Hawks, but your evaluation of him is well off the mark, as usual.

Reactions: Pez68

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I saw him play at the WJC. He was good in his own end. I'm not saying it was the strongest pick by the Hawks, but your evaluation of him is well off the mark, as usual.
Wow you watched one tournament. Good for you!

Try watching his WHL games.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If they wanted a defensive defenseman they should have just taken Chayka.

I could just imagine how it would have been different if they could have finagled #25 out of CBJ instead and grabbed Lambos or Ceulemans

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

I wouldn't say that he was particularly good. He was fair but Del Mastro was better and Chicago took him much later. Does Allan have more upside? Maybe but having watched just that tournament, I haven't seen it.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Wow you watched one tournament. Good for you!

Try watching his WHL games.
That must be why Team Canada picked him to play in the WJC....because he sucked with P.A. Do you even think before you post this shit?

Every credible scout and talent evaluator I've read says he defends well, and Musto says the opposite. Gee, I wonder who's right.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
That must be why Team Canada picked him to play in the WJC....because he sucked with P.A. Do you even think before you post this shit?

Every credible scout and talent evaluator I've read says he defends well, and Musto says the opposite. Gee, I wonder who's right.
You're right. Team Canada has a stellar track record of picking studs for their roster like Shane Bowers, Tyler Steenbergen, Blake Speers, Brendan Perlini, Brandon Hickey, Roland McKeown, Rourke Chartier...the list goes on and on.

Good call. Shouldn't have doubted your brilliance and Hockey Canada's ability to never fail.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
You're right. Team Canada has a stellar track record of picking studs for their roster like Shane Bowers, Tyler Steenbergen, Blake Speers, Brendan Perlini, Brandon Hickey, Roland McKeown, Rourke Chartier...the list goes on and on.

Good call. Shouldn't have doubted your brilliance and Hockey Canada's ability to never fail.
Again, not addressing how every credible talent evaluator out there says he can defend when you know he can't.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Some players are better in Jr. then they are in the NHL. Just because they ain't shit now, doesn't mean they weren't good back then.

Reactions: Giovi

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Again, not addressing how every credible talent evaluator out there says he can defend when you know he can't.
You're right. And so were all the credible talent evaluators that said Michael Dal Colle was elite.

Just keeping slurping up what hockey media tells you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad