D Brandt Clarke - Ontario Reign, AHL (2021, 8th, LAK)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
I absolutely love Clarke but someone needs to tell him that he has outside edges
lol.. ain’t that the truth!! Crazy how he either can’t or won’t use them . Looked up knockneed- inside -edge skater on Google and his pic popped up!:)
Highly skilled though and great offensive instincts.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
a better comparable at same age is ryan merkley. Aside fromClarke having 3 inches on him their skill sets and way they play are very similar

Thats a poor comparison. He's bigger, more explosive, and defends better than Merkley. There is also no history of attitude issues that Merkley had.

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
Thats a poor comparison. He's bigger, more explosive, and defends better than Merkley. There is also no history of attitude issues that Merkley had.
buddy .. love how you wade in all the time as the authority ..lol. You’ll see that i mentioned the size and attitude differences if you read my posts. As for the rest ..skating ,poise with puck ,high risk-high reward offensive style I stand by my assessment.

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
buddy .. love how you wade in all the time as the authority ..lol. You’ll see that i mentioned the size and attitude differences if you read my posts. As for the rest ..skating ,poise with puck ,high risk-high reward offensive style I stand by my assessment.

Authority? No, I'm like anyone here that gives an opinion. If you don't like it, you should explain why. Don't instead try to criticize me that you made a post that others disagreed with on a message board to discuss hockey.

I think your comparison is off. I don't see many similarities, at all. Both look dynamic handling the puck and are right shot OHL defenders. Thats about it. I really don't see many similarities. I think when you have to qualify that there are differences with their size and attitude (I'd add there are also big differences in defense and some with skating), I think thats a little too much to say the comparison is a good one.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Which player do you see him comparing to?

A combination of John Carlson and OEL, but I can't think of a great comparison.

Definitely more of an offensive guy, like those two, but I think he's good enough defensively that he might be able to be considered a two-way defenseman. Similar situation for those two with classifications. I think his playmaking and offensive potential is closer to Carlson than OEL, but his flashiness is more similar to OEL. Skating is about halfway between those two players.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I have heard this take before and really can't see where it is coming from but to each their own.

I don't think he pivots or moves as well laterally as people try to describe and I don't think he has an overly powerful or efficient forward stride. He does, however, have pretty quick feet all things considered which certainly helps his cause. To each his own I guess.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I don't think he pivots or moves as well laterally as people try to describe and I don't think he has an overly powerful or efficient forward stride. He does, however, have pretty quick feet all things considered which certainly helps his cause. To each his own I guess.

I like what I've seen of his straight ahead speed and his agility when moving up ice. I think where he needs to improve is his agility and edgework when skating backwards.

The kid looks like a roving/goalscoring offensive defenseman. Maybe Morgan Rielly, Dougie Hamilton or Mike Green? I don't see him ever being a guy that will be considered a defensive stalwart in the league, but I could see him getting 60+ points in the NHL if everything goes according to plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad