HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Don't you worry, Bettman is going to spawn several new poverty franchises to pick through our players in a few short years.

LMFAO made me laugh.... until I realized that indeed, rat Bettman is probably waiting for our core to get good before announcing a wave of expansions.

1726723063854.jpeg

Last edited:

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
The ufas with their age that I have left without a new contract or pto who played in the NHL last season as camps open:

G;
Carter Hart 26
Martin Jones 34
Kevin Lankinen 29
Malcolm Subban 30

D:
Tony De Angelo 28
Mark Giordano 40
Lucas Johansen 26
John Klingberg 32
Victor Mete 26
Marco Scandella 34
Justin Schultz 34
Kevin Shattenkirk 35

F:
Nick Bonino 36
Cal Clutterbuck 36
Ryan Johansen 32
Milan Lucic 36
Kyle Okposo 36
Rem Pitlick 27
Tyler Pitlick 32
Chris Tierney 30
Blake Wheeler 38

Rumours floating around with some of them, they could be in the news soon like Mike Hoffman signing a pto with Edmonton today.
That's basically what expansion teams looked like when Sharks and Senators joined the league.

• Love
Reactions: Shred

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Looking at all those RFA contracts negotiations is weird knowing that’s gonna be us again really soon. Reality of the cap, can’t sign every good player to 8 years big money deals, only a couple of those per team.

We got a lot of very good young players coming up in the next couple years, not including if we make some trade acquisitions. Gonna be interesting to see who HuGo gives long-term contracts to and who they bridge.

IMO, it won't be as bad as with Bergevin until 7-8 years from now, because Hugo didn't f*** around with bridge contracts. Getting young players to max lenght early is more important than the 3 year ELCs and that's why teams, including the Habs, don't mind burning a year off the ELCs because it brings them to the first extention sooner, before most players get a chance to fully breakout. This makes them pricey early but shaves off a few mil per important player when they hit their ceiling, so when you have 3 guys like Slaf, CC and Suz all making around 8 mil for at least 7 years from now, this will give us much cap leeway when we'll be competing for a cup.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
LMFAO made me laugh.... until I realized that indeed, rat Bettman is probably waiting for our core to get good before announcing a wave of expansions.

View attachment 907891
I doubt it's going to be an ''all at once'' wave per se, it's going to be 2 new teams in the span of a few years. With some luck , we should be able to work around that and keep our core .

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hoffman cheap contract, might put up some goals on offensive juggernaut . He always had good shot. Oilers trying to get that last drag off a cigarette butt.

It's a PTO, not a contract. But he may earn himself a contract if he does well enough at camp. Oilers are dealing with some injuries so he has an opportunity.

It was the same thing with the Blues years ago. He attended their camp on a PTO and he earned a contract.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Anderson is priority #1. Pezz is a non factor, Dvorak and Armia are out pretty soon.

Gally is cool.

Me thinks they'll re-sign Armia for short term at a lesser amount than his present cap hit, to keep Pure Laine happy and in a good state of mind.

Armia at a lesser price is a good vet for the bottom 6.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The pursuit of ever increasing revenues with no regards for anything more than profits is the bane of my existence.

Not just in the sporting world.
Why not Atlanta? They keep failing in that market but still think it will work next time.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
2 big cities full of people...that don't give a shit about hockey.

Their master plan is to built the arenas in the whealty suburbs this time, 1 hour away from downtown.

:rolleyes:

Tomasino 825k...the no state tax advantage strikes again. 70pts in 150gp.

Reactions: Wats

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Yes, but don't you dare say something bad about capitalism you damn commie!!!11!!1!

capitalism sucks when you vote for idiots who can't balance budgets and send your money overseas. It's a skill issue among the voters.

it's very hard to blame a stupid decision on capitalism unless you can provide some evidence that the state would make a better call.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad