D Brandt Clarke - Ontario Reign, AHL (2021, 8th, LAK)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
His transfer is cancelled, because he has a contract with Barrie he can't sign a new deal with Väsby. Instead, he had to go on a loan which he can't, since HockeyAllsvenskan only can loan NHL and SHL contracts.
A total joke. These rules are dumb. Why does the OHL have so much power?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
A total joke. These rules are dumb. Why does the OHL have so much power?
I mean it is no different then literally every league in the world? Your rights belong to teams. I am sure Clarke will have a loan deal sorted out in the next week or so with a team in a different league. It really isn't the end of the world and kind of ridiculous that people think Barrie should just give up the rights to their best player....just because.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mean it is no different then literally every league in the world? Your rights belong to teams. I am sure Clarke will have a loan deal sorted out in the next week or so with a team in a different league. It really isn't the end of the world and kind of ridiculous that people think Barrie should just give up the rights to their best player....just because.

They should allow a transfer so if he wants to play next season in the AHL he’ll be allowed to. A loan allows them to say he was drafted out of the CHL, and must report back to Barrie or play in the NHL. That’s why a transfer would make more sense.

Reactions: wetcoast

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
They should allow a transfer so if he wants to play next season in the AHL he’ll be allowed to. A loan allows them to say he was drafted out of the CHL, and must report back to Barrie or play in the NHL. That’s why a transfer would make more sense.
Right it definitely makes more sense for Clarke. It makes zero sense for the Colts and they are never going to just willingly give away the rights to their best player. He will probably end up going to Finland, Germany or Switzerland on loan for the rest of the season.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
A transfer would, from what I've read, cause Barrie to lose out on a lot (all?) of the NHL money that comes from Clarke's first contract or whatever stipulates it.
A loan makes sense for all parties, it's just that the clowns running HockeyAllsvenskan stopped it because weird reasons.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
When's Barrie's next game? I'd say they're in breach of their contract.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
When's Barrie's next game? I'd say they're in breach of their contract.
I would say you are absolutely wrong. There is absolutely nothing compelling Barrie to just release him...when they can just loan him out for the season and potentially get him back next season(or later in this season). You don't have to like it but that is just the way it goes. There isn't a single CHL team that would have forfeited the rights to him and nor should they...when every other league in Europe is most likely an option otherwise.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

A thread with some video of Clarke's second game in Slovakia (that unfortunately ended with a game misconduct for head contact).

Not good to see that happening. Last season he was tossed and I believe suspended for shouldering Byfield in the head. I hope he cleans that part of his game up.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
How is he comparable to say Drysdale? Obviously Drysdale's great WJC showing aside they seem like pretty similar prospects prior to their draft year; elite skating, offensive defencemen, playing on the right side.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Slovak Hokejportal analyzed his first 8 games where he is 0+0. My takeaway that so far there is not much to be impressed by, I guess he needs to adjust. Simon Nemec is way more settled in the league and impressive for now.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Slovak Hokejportal analyzed his first 8 games where he is 0+0. My takeaway that so far there is not much to be impressed by, I guess he needs to adjust. Simon Nemec is way more settled in the league and impressive for now.
Not true at all. Clarke's boxcars are not reflective of his play so far and I expect the points to start flowing in sooner rather than later. His skating, passing, and IQ have all shined in recent games especially, and the coach seems to agree as he's moved Clarke up to the top pairing and #1 PP unit. The lack of points have more to do with puck luck than anything else. He and his teammates have missed wide-open nets and on two occasions I saw him make a stretch pass for a breakaway only to be called off for being slightly offside.

Here's a shift-by-shift of his most recent game. He made some mistakes and could use some work rounding out his defensive game, but there is certainly a lot to be impressed with.

My biggest takeaway watching him is that people who have issues with his skating are absolutely wrong. He is above-average in all four directions and utilizes the mohawk so well.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
How is he comparable to say Drysdale? Obviously Drysdale's great WJC showing aside they seem like pretty similar prospects prior to their draft year; elite skating, offensive defencemen, playing on the right side.

Clarke is bigger and has more offensive talent, Drysdale is better defensively and is a bit more polished.

Last edited:

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
Clarke is bigger and has more offensive talent, Drysdale is better defensively and is a bit more polished.

a better comparable at same age is ryan merkley. Aside fromClarke having 3 inches on him their skill sets and way they play are very similar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad