Czech prospects update thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

2 Czechs in first 16 according to his one!

Sale at 7 and Hrabal at 16.

I'm noticing both guys stock is slowly rising and they seem to consistently be landing in round 1... I think this is the highest I've seen Hrabal and Sale seems to be consistently in Top 10 territory now with his highest being 2 (unlikely) and his lowest around 15.

Two more first rounders would be amazing. Really curious if Hrabal is going to the World Jr's... as we usually have 2 goalies drafted every year I imagine there is some competition for starter?

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Sad to see Petr drop so far with all the injuries... Might be a nice sleeper pick. Curious if Dvorak can get himself first round attention. Same with Hrabal..

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022

Sad to see Petr drop so far with all the injuries... Might be a nice sleeper pick. Curious if Dvorak can get himself first round attention. Same with Hrabal..

Hrabal might easily rise to first round as he is fighting for top goalie in this draft. Team like Montreal could easily draft him late first round.
Looks like there is not much goalie depth in 2024 draft, so teams look for future starter now.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Hrabal might easily rise to first round as he is fighting for top goalie in this draft. Team like Montreal could easily draft him late first round.
Looks like there is not much goalie depth in 2024 draft, so teams look for future starter now.
My dream is 3 first rounders. I doubt it'll happen but it'd be nice. Especially given how bad Czech D is. First round D two years in a row would be huge for us. And as I type this I noticed that Hamara is not putting up great numbers.lol

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York

2022 was a bad goalie draft, but 2023 looks much better.

Reactions: czech

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
How is the 2023 Draft Class for the Czech's looking? I've only seen select players a couple times, so I've compiled a list mainly based off other people's opinions and stat watching. Where am I wrong on my list? Who am I missing?

Likely to be drafted:

RW Eduard Sale
G Michael Hrabal
D Jakub Dvorak
G Adam Dybal
LW Jakub Stancl
G Tomas Suchanek
RW Jan Sprynar
G Jan Spunar

Possible draftees:

LW Lukas Hes
C Jiri Felcman
C Samuel Fiala
D Ales Cech
D Vojtech Port
C Gabriel Szturc
C Dominik Petr
G Jan Kavan

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
How is the 2023 Draft Class for the Czech's looking? I've only seen select players a couple times, so I've compiled a list mainly based off other people's opinions and stat watching. Where am I wrong on my list? Who am I missing?

Likely to be drafted:

RW Eduard Sale
G Michael Hrabal
D Jakub Dvorak
G Adam Dybal
LW Jakub Stancl
G Tomas Suchanek
RW Jan Sprynar
G Jan Spunar

Possible draftees:

LW Lukas Hes
C Jiri Felcman
C Samuel Fiala
D Ales Cech
D Vojtech Port
C Gabriel Szturc
C Dominik Petr
G Jan Kavan
In my opinion, Kočí also has a good chance to be drafted, especially if he has a good U18 championship. And I think that Petr will be drafted, even though his stock has fallen in a brutal way..

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Kočí, Židlický, Šimek...
It all depends on how they perform in the championship u18. I hope at least two of them get drafted.

Reactions: Czechboy

czech

Feb 23, 2009
The 2024 draft also looks pretty good, if not better. Stable for the first three rounds:
Jiříček A.
Badinka Dom.
Galvas T.
Jecho
Milota
Stable the whole draft:
Svozil D.
Mařík
Fischer
Titlbach
Drančak
Fibigr
Kral L.
Kos O.
Also possible: Lisler, Vilém, Holinka, Špilka, Kral P., Klima, Hradec, Zielinski, Kubiesa, Klička... And this is without overagers that have been formed by that time.
25 is also not bad, 26 (attention) is bad!, draft 27 is just the bomb, a lot of super talents ... well, then, in subsequent years, also pretty decent.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Looking at that.. I feel like 8 guys will get drafted... half may be goalies.

I know nothing about Lukas Matecha. Hope all 5 get taken!

Nice to see Dvorak hasn't dropped too much. Petr so low and not even a guarantee to be drafted drives me crazy.lol

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Looking at that.. I feel like 8 guys will get drafted... half may be goalies.

I know nothing about Lukas Matecha. Hope all 5 get taken!

Nice to see Dvorak hasn't dropped too much. Petr so low and not even a guarantee to be drafted drives me crazy.lol
11 in my forecast.

3 very interesting prospects (Sale, Hrabal, Dvorak).

The big disappointment of the year is Dominik Petr.

Reactions: czech and Czechboy

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia

Can someone explain to me why Samuel Fiala and Maxim Vehovsky are so high? I've never seen them play, but based on the stats, and given the "quality" of the Czech junior league, I don't understand... :huh: Fiala looks like a goalscorer, but is his shot really that good? And Vehovsky is really hard for me to understand. He doesn't even have 0,5 ppg as a forward. What are his strengths? It's really interesting for me, for example our Daniel Jencko has more than 0,5 ppg in the Swedish junior league, which is certainly better and is not even in the top 100, so what are Vehovsky's strengths?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
11 in my forecast.

3 very interesting prospects (Sale, Hrabal, Dvorak).

The big disappointment of the year is Dominik Petr.
Is the disappointment Petr and his injuries or how he has played?

11 would be great! Hoping for some overages after the U20 silver.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The both. 2 years ago, he was better than Sale. At 13, he was probably better than Fantilli.
I'm not giving up on him or Dvorak. I think both will be excellent but the timing of injuries is tragic. Kind of like no badinka at this tourney. Who are your 11?

I have the 4 goalies, sale, Dvorak, Petr, stancl and then it's all hopes and prayers.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
The draft will probably be shit as far as Czechs go. Too bad, a year ago the group looked promising, but so many players stagnated and nobody new came up. Entirely possible Sale, Dvorak and Stancl are the only skaters drafted, that's just pathetic.

Next year should be better, but half the guys will probably stagnate again so who the hell knows. And with yet another dilution in quality of the Czech U20 league, there is no light at the end of the tunnel here.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The draft will probably be shit as far as Czechs go. Too bad, a year ago the group looked promising, but so many players stagnated and nobody new came up. Entirely possible Sale, Dvorak and Stancl are the only skaters drafted, that's just pathetic.

Next year should be better, but half the guys will probably stagnate again so who the hell knows. And with yet another dilution in quality of the Czech U20 league, there is no light at the end of the tunnel here.
Once we expand to 30 junior teams the problem will be solved!

Reactions: Wooren

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I'm not giving up on him or Dvorak. I think both will be excellent but the timing of injuries is tragic. Kind of like no badinka at this tourney. Who are your 11?

I have the 4 goalies, sale, Dvorak, Petr, stancl and then it's all hopes and prayers.
13 Sale
34 Hrabal
47 Dvorak
76 Dybal
118 Volas
176 Stancl
178 Port
181 Szturc
197 Suchanek
201 Koci
206 Sprynar

Ad