Confirmed with Link: Curtis Glencross Traded to Washington for 2nd&3rd Round Picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Absolutely not how that works for his position.A defenceman's job is to defend first. In the Flames end it should be 50/50 Russell - Wideman when they hit the ice but it's not. Wideman is all too often out of position or just plain lost his man. Hartley might as well make Wideman a winger and have Treliving find someone with a better sense of responsibility.

A defenceman needs to defend. Full stop. Everything after that is butter.
Russell is out of position just as often with poor pinches, what are you talking about? Not to mention that he is prone to defensive lapses too. I don't know what issue you have with Widean but he is infinitely better than you are making him out to be.

Both Wideman and Russell are having very good seasons and sometimes they each look amazing and other times they each look like a disaster. If they didn't they would be top pairing defensemen and not middle pairing defensemen.

WhereIsIt

alongtheboards
Jan 21, 2010
Calgary
www.alongtheboards.com
Russell is out of position just as often with poor pinches, what are you talking about? Not to mention that he is prone to defensive lapses too. I don't know what issue you have with Widean but he is infinitely better than you are making him out to be.

Both Wideman and Russell are having very good seasons and sometimes they each look amazing and other times they each look like a disaster. If they didn't they would be top pairing defensemen and not middle pairing defensemen.

Exactly. Wiseman is a 100% legitimate NHL second-pairing offensive defenseman. You take the offensive benefits with the defensive lapses and hope he either reams even or provides more positives than negatives. It feels like Wideman's been in on more goals this year than he has been responsible for goals against. Can't understand the hate.

Even when he scores it's too a chorus of "Geez, Wideman finally hit the net!" The guy is forth on the team in goals...

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
A Ducks fan said Glencross and Smid for Theodore.

Sold.

Getting rid of Smid's contract would go a long way too. IF that's the deal that's presented to us; we would have to take that and run. Theodore, who I've watched play quite a bit over the 3 years or so... is really good.

When he fills out, he's going to be dynamite.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Getting rid of Smid's contract would go a long way too. IF that's the deal that's presented to us; we would have to take that and run. Theodore, who I've watched play quite a bit over the 3 years or so... is really good.

When he fills out, he's going to be dynamite.

I'll even retain 50% of Smid's contract.

May 27, 2012
Earth
A Ducks fan said Glencross and Smid for Theodore.

Sold.

We take that and run.

oYbxW6f.jpg

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
I think trading him is a mistake

Why would it be a mistake? I like what he brings to the table when he is healthy. This year he has not had a long stretch on the ice without being injured. If we trade him it better be very good deal or we keep him. We risk losing him at the end of the season if he stays.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
If Ducks' GMBM traded Theodore for Glencross/Smid then ANA fans would collectively buy him a one-way ticket to Mosul and let ISIS deal with him. No sensible Ducks fan would suggest trading away our top defensive prospect for an UFA and a cap dump (this coming from someone who likes Glencross and wouldn't mind seeing him play for the Ducks).

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
If Ducks' GMBM traded Theodore for Glencross/Smid then ANA fans would collectively buy him a one-way ticket to Mosul and let ISIS deal with him. No sensible Ducks fan would suggest trading away our top defensive prospect for an UFA and a cap dump (this coming from someone who likes Glencross and wouldn't mind seeing him play for the Ducks).

We know :laugh:. We all said we'd take it and run.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
We know :laugh:. We all said we'd take it and run.

LOL I know. For what it's worth, I'd want Theodore to play in Calgary if he were to be traded away from Anaheim. I'm a big fan of your organization from top to bottom (know the owner, love Gio's story, and your prospect pool is wicked).

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
LOL I know. For what it's worth, I'd want Theodore to play in Calgary if he were to be traded away from Anaheim. I'm a big fan of your organization from top to bottom (know the owner, love Gio's story, and your prospect pool is wicked).

It'd require us adding, not sure what we'd add on our end.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
The thing that seems to have gone unmentioned about our second pairing is that they have to eat a lot of additional minutes that most second pairings around the league wouldn't have to. This is because of our abysmal 3rd pairing.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Friedman: Blackhawks, Flames "legitimately serious" about Glencross trade

“One of the teams that I believe is interested in Glencross – and he is interested in them – is the Chicago Blackhawks. The thing about Chicago is I’ve heard they also talked to Arizona a bit about Vermette. And I look at Vermette’s cap hit, which is larger than Glencross’s, and I’m like, ‘How on earth are they going to be able to pull that off if they really want to do it?’
“I think with a team like Chicago, they will try to wait until the end. Now, you’re playing a game like that because you’re playing a game that A) Calgary doesn’t get an offer it wants beforehand, and B) you’re going to wait at the end and have what Calgary wants to make the deal.

“I’m sure, if Chicago and Calgary are serious about it, and I believe they are legitimately serious about it, then they’ve talked and said, ‘This is what we can offer.’ And the Flames know if that’s acceptable to them or not.

“But what people do in that situation is they will say, ‘Can you wait? Can we do this as late as possible so we have the flexibility to get it done.’

“And they leave it in Calgary’s hands.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad