Confirmed with Link: Curtis Glencross Traded to Washington for 2nd&3rd Round Picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
The Wings played most of the season with just one right handed shot in Luke Glendening. They have a couple more now though in Pulkkinen and Marchenko.
What do you think of GlenX+2015 2nd for Shea Theodore? Is that too little on our side?
Would rather give up a forward prospect than a pick. Might be more likely to get a deal done that way, maybe.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
How can you believe anything Feaster said? Need I remind you about:

"Jankowski will be the best player in the draft"
"Cervenka is a centre"
"Best 2 goalies not in the NHL"

Everything he said was exaggerated to sell the move. He claimed Erixon refused to sign, he also claimed he guaranteed a roster spot.

Also all the stuff involving Jan Erixon was all speculation, there was never any proof. People assumed he was forcing things, maybe he was just privy to the fact that negotiations were not going well and had the Rangers take advantage.

But I will play devils advocate and let's say everything we assume is true; don't you think that in the 3 years and 3 franchises since then he may have changed some? We'd still give him the best chance to play.

The Cervenka comment was inaccurate, but the Jankowski comment was Feaster directly quoting Weisbrod (and also, just because he's an idiot doesn't mean he's a liar; he probably believed Weisbrod). Same with the "two best goalies not in the NHL" comment (for the record, Ramo probably was one of the best goalies in not in the NHL); Weisbrod was in love with Berra, and Feaster trusted him.

No one has ever accused Feaster of being humble or smart from a hockey standpoint, but he rarely (if ever) misdirected anyone intentionally. He just listened to his staff, and unfortuately one of those staff members was John "It's My First Day" Weisbrod, who is a complete idiot.

But it's true, Erixon has likely changed his outlook after being treated like the village bicycle in the NHL. I still don't know that he'd be the best bet for the Flames to pursue, though. He'll be cheap to re-sign, and if there's one thing Chicago needs it's cheap depth players.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
The Cervenka comment was inaccurate, but the Jankowski comment was Feaster directly quoting Weisbrod (and also, just because he's an idiot doesn't mean he's a liar; he probably believed Weisbrod). Same with the "two best goalies not in the NHL" comment (for the record, Ramo probably was one of the best goalies in not in the NHL); Weisbrod was in love with Berra, and Feaster trusted him.

No one has ever accused Feaster of being humble or smart from a hockey standpoint, but he rarely (if ever) misdirected anyone intentionally. He just listened to his staff, and unfortuately one of those staff members was John "It's My First Day" Weisbrod, who is a complete idiot.

But it's true, Erixon has likely changed his outlook after being treated like the village bicycle in the NHL. I still don't know that he'd be the best bet for the Flames to pursue, though. He'll be cheap to re-sign, and if there's one thing Chicago needs it's cheap depth players.
I disagree with the bolded as much as anyone could. Feaster is a lawyer, intentionally misdirecting people is in his DNA

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
John "It's My First Day" Weisbrod

I laughed way too hard at this.

giphy.gif

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm kinda warming up to the idea of Runblad. I've watched him play a few times this year, he's not fantastic in his own end, but he's pretty skilled, he's an upgrade on Diaz. He's got pretty good size, he's a very good skater, and he can move the puck up the ice well, all attributes that are assets under Hartley's system, oh and he shoots right.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm kinda warming up to the idea of Runblad. I've watched him play a few times this year, he's not fantastic in his own end, but he's pretty skilled, he's an upgrade on Diaz. He's got pretty good size, he's a very good skater, and he can move the puck up the ice well, all attributes that are assets under Hartley's system, oh and he shoots right.

Calgary has done a very, very good job at maximizing the potential out of a lot the younger players they've gotten over the past couple seasons.

Russell was Waiver fodder, who no one picked up; he's turned into an excellent top 4 guy. Colborne had no spot on another roster, which now is arguable the worst dollar/value roster in the league; and he's played excellent no matter which position we put him in (top 6, bottom 6).

A guy like Rundblad would probably excel in Hartley's system... hell, if he gets to 2/3rd of the potential he had only a couple years ago; he could be a dynamite acquisition. It's crazy how his stock plummeted over a couple seasons. I'd hope Calgary could get a bit more than just him in a trade for Glenny though.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
A guy like Rundblad would probably excel in Hartley's system... hell, if he gets to 2/3rd of the potential he had only a couple years ago; he could be a dynamite acquisition. It's crazy how his stock plummeted over a couple seasons. I'd hope Calgary could get a bit more than just him in a trade for Glenny though.

Yeah, maybe Runblad and a 3rd? But honestly, even if it were straight up I'd be cool with it. Glencross could veto a deal and walk away for nothing. It would be worth it to take the gamble on him. Like AF mentioned, Treliving would have a really scouting report on him. Treliving knows Hartley's system, I'm sure he would have the best insight as to if he would be a good fit. If we moved Glencross for Runblad, I'd be very happy.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
He also said there have been no conversations over a potential contract extension and he’s been asked to provide a list of team’s he is willing to be traded to.

I'm a little surprised I'm the first one to comment on this quote. The fact that there has been none at all kinda shows management had no plans to keep him one way or another really.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm a little surprised I'm the first one to comment on this quote. The fact that there has been none at all kinda shows management had no plans to keep him one way or another really.

At a 2.55 million AAV; Glencross is a great player to have. A guy who is probably best as a middle 6'er, but can play on the top line too if really needed... That's about all you can ask for.

When you know this guy is saying 'I took a bit pay cut to be here, now you guys owe me' I don't think think you can keep him in your plans. If this guy wants a 15million/3 year deal... I mean, we can't be doing that. I know we have cap now, but in two years: Monahan, Johnny, Giordano and even someone like Russell will need new contracts. Right now the cap is a luxury, let's not go back to a few years back when we were in cap hell.

*edit*
As it stands now, next year's free agents (at this time) are way above anything we've seen in a while; there are some real good NHLers and even some potential stars out there; it would be a good idea for Calgary to look for their version of Hossa there too.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Rumors start floating around that Glencross could be dealt, and some Pejorative Slur on hockeybuzz is claiming Glencross has demanded a trade.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

I'm not. They've probably identified Giordano and Hudler as the guys over 30 to keep around for sure. Add to that that Stajan and Wideman are signed for a long time, and Jones, Raymond, Engelland, Smid, Bollig are still taking up roster spots, I don't see Treliving wanting to stay old. Vets are important, but guys like Bennett, Shore, Baertschi, Granlund, Arnold, Wolf are making strong cases that they're ready next year. Then you've got Poirier, Klimchuk, and Jankowski in the pipeline too (and maybe a bounceback from Ferland and Reinhart). Right now I think Brad sees Glencross expiring as necessary, and likewise with Jones next year.

Having NHL-ready prospects in the A is a good thing but you don 't want to bury them so long that they go Nino Niederreitter on you. If they're not ready then they're not ready, but if you don't make an effort to make space when they are ready, you risk damaging your relationship with the player you've invested all that development towards.

Last edited:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Well that, and the complete dodge of the answer to the question

Glencross was asked — point-blank — if he wanted to stay in Calgary.

“It’s tough right now,†he said. “It’s not really my decision — it’s the coaches’ decision and an upstairs decision. I don’t really know what’s going to happen.â€
The NTC kind of makes it his decision. IMO if he wanted to be here, the answer would have been a flat out "yes".

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Well that, and the complete dodge of the answer to the question

The NTC kind of makes it his decision. IMO if he wanted to be here, the answer would have been a flat out "yes".

I believe he ws reluctant to simply say "yes, I want to be here" as it's pretty much saying the team won't meet his asking price.

He pretty much implied that by saying "the decision rest upstairs".

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If we worked something out with Chicago I would want a defenseman. I would consider something around any of the following (in no particular order), obviously each has a different value.

David Rundbald (Treliving would know him very well)
Tim Erixon defenseman (Jokes aside, he still has a bunch of potential and has not be used in Chicago)
Trevor Van Riemsdyk (Burke stole his brother from Philly)
Ville Pokka
Stephen Johns
Klas Dahlbeck
Viktor Svedberg
Gustav Forsling
Carl Dahlstrom

Bolded are guys I don't think Flames could get (Especially Pokka)

- Pokka is our best D prospect and playing great in AHL this year
- Johns is only physical SAH type in our system
- TVR is well liked by Q and is cheap/young NHL defender which Hawks will need
- Forsling/Dahlstrom are D pairing in Sweden and it seems Hawks got Forsling after watching him with Carl

Dahlbeck is probably a good target for Flames as it seems he will never get his chance to be guy in Chicago

If Rundblad or Erixon go away I would not mind one bit

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Friedman has his teams. Chicago, Nashville, Tampa, LA, Anaheim apparently.

Colton Sissons would be a solid target/return. Leader, physical/gritty, right shoot RW. He's going to be a good/great 3rd line winger in the NHL. I'd rather him than a 2nd round pick.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
What about a deal around Glencross and Richards where we get Toffoli?

We would have to add, but what, to get it done? I don't really want Richards, but he may be the piece we need to get this return and Glencross lightens the loss of Toffoli a bit. And they would probably re-sign him.

Yea? No? Or am I just smoking crack?

Edit: I guess what I'm getting at is if the return can fill a void, and isn't a pick, I'd be will to add to Glencross to increase the value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad