Confirmed with Link: Curtis Glencross Traded to Washington for 2nd&3rd Round Picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I have a feeling due to Glenx's restrictions on which teams he will waive to, that its really going to limit his return. At this point a 3rd + C Prospect would not surprise me at all.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I know it's less likely, but we never expected it last year either :laugh:

Well by deadline day we did :laugh:

Your right it is possible but I think of all the rentals GlenX maybe one of the most wanted due to his playing style (if he wants to play for those teams is another story), I think with so few teams selling decent players this year that waiting until the last few days maybe the most beneficial.

But I don't want to move GlenX so I maybe biased :laugh:

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Well by deadline day we did :laugh:

Your right it is possible but I think of all the rentals GlenX maybe one of the most wanted due to his playing style (if he wants to play for those teams is another story), I think with so few teams selling decent players this year that waiting until the last few days maybe the most beneficial.

But I don't want to move GlenX so I maybe biased :laugh:
I don't really want to move him either and I think it's a poor idea to do so unless someone overpays.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
We agreed on this, and because of the NTC I can't see us creating a bidding war big enough to get someone to overpay. I would match rather try to sign him to a shorter term deal with a big cap hit.
I'd rather let him walk, I think we do need his roster spot next year but I also think we need his help this year. He's more important than more fans give him credit for.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
95% he is, 5% he's not.

Exploratory contract talks were apparently shutdown quickly. No contract talks whatsoever after that. Asked for a list, which was provided and then later expanded at the teams request. Both sides working to increase the size of that list. Meanwhile at least two teams (CHI, MTL) are rumoured to have credible interest. Add in the fact that this whole situation is clearly getting to Glencross and affecting his on ice performance; he's as good as gone. I can't see the team thinking it'd be a good idea to keep him for the stretch when mentally, he seems to be trying to move on.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I would be pissed... to me Treliving still needs to make up for the Bollig trade...
How can you blame Treliving if teams refuse to give up value knowing his list is too short for there to be a bidding war?

Also a regular NHL player for a 3rd round pick is not a bad deal, seriously a 3rd round pick has what a 15, maybe 20 percent chance at ever making the NHL and more often than not those few 3rd rounders that do make it, are no better than Bollig.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad