Confirmed with Link: Curtis Glencross Traded to Washington for 2nd&3rd Round Picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
I'm pretty sure we are going to get a 2nd and alright prospect or a struggling young NHL player who needs q change in scenery.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Exactly, every team that is on his list will make a deal in which to aquire him. He is a very good player, I'm not hoping for a first here but I think a second and a middling prospect would be very nice. If we end up with anything more than that were golden. Brett Connoly would be nice from Tampa though ;)

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Exactly, every team that is on his list will make a deal in which to aquire him. He is a very good player, I'm not hoping for a first here but I think a second and a middling prospect would be very nice. If we end up with anything more than that were golden. Brett Connoly would be nice from Tampa though ;)
I think Connolly is a very possible target, he would likely be in the minors still if they were able to send him down without waiving him and I think they have come very close to putting him on waivers. Connelly on his own wouldn't be enough though IMO. I'd want a conditional pick as well, perhaps a 3rd that becomes a 2nd if Tampa Bay makes it to the east final.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Glencross is worth a 2nd all day, consider his contract, scoring ability and intangibles, there's a lot to like about his game.

People are really undervaluing Glenny for some reason. He's the highest scoring winger available on the market this year. Of course, the limiting factor here is that only a few teams can be in in him.

I'm pretty sure anyone in a playoff position needing some scoring will be reachig out to Calgary to inquire about Glenny.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if we get a first or a good prospect, honestly.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
I think Connolly is a very possible target, he would likely be in the minors still if they were able to send him down without waiving him and I think they have come very close to putting him on waivers. Connelly on his own wouldn't be enough though IMO. I'd want a conditional pick as well, perhaps a 3rd that becomes a 2nd if Tampa Bay makes it to the east final.

I agree about the extra but a more likely scenerio is if it was a 4th that became a 3rd. Tampa has no second this year and if Connelly ever shows his true potential we could be getting one hell of a player. He is large and has a wicked shot. I would in the flamea position be pushing very hard for him. He could one day become a good 25 goal scorer if the stars all align.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011

A 22yr old right-handed RW who isn't afraid to mix it up and play a physical game would be a welcome addition to this team! It would be rebuilding while competing...

I would be thrilled if this happened!

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Sure, if any team is allowed to bid on him he gets a 2nd all day. Problem is there is maybe 5 he will waive to, and we don't know how many of them will be interested.

All five will be, comparing his cap hit, numbers and ability we are garuanteed to have all the teams needing him. He can slot in on any line in mutiple positions.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Sure, if any team is allowed to bid on him he gets a 2nd all day. Problem is there is maybe 5 he will waive to, and we don't know how many of them will be interested.
keep in mind he does appear to be the best LW on the market too

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Can anyone explain to me why Tampa would even entertain Conolly? He's 22 while Glencross is 32 and expiring anyways.

Feelss to me they're not even asking about forwards.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
All five will be, comparing his cap hit, numbers and ability we are garuanteed to have all the teams needing him. He can slot in on any line in mutiple positions.

I am not convinced of that at all. At a glance, Chicago would actually have to move cap (or Calgary would have to retain salary) in order to send Glencross there. We also have heard (and take it for what its worth) that Anaheim balked at Calgary's initial asking price. Then consider that the Kings are also hard up against the cap and would likely want to move salary to get something done, as they also are in the market for a top-4 D (which they need much more than Glencross). So already, that is 3/5 teams that are questionable locations at best, with stipulations that would need to be met to even send Glencross there as a rental. Nashville and Tampa both have the cap space, but so far as we know they aren't even actively looking for another forward.

Personally, I think if we cannot get at least a 2nd or a good piece for our backend, we should just hold onto him and if he walks at the end of the season, he walks.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

For sure, but despite the down market last year if you look at a guy like Stempniak, he returned us a 3rd. I think he got the same return that was offered for Cammy because his contract was affordable (Cammy's wasn't) and well Glencross is in the same boat and is a better player than Stemps. I would speculate and feel confident in saying that based on the interest Friedman said there is in Glencross, that the probability is likely good that at least a couple of the teams that are on Glencross' list have legit interest in him.

Also, it's very possible that if Treliving doesn't get an adequate offer come his way that he goes back to Glencross and asks him to further expand his list, otherwise he's not being moved.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Can anyone explain to me why Tampa would even entertain Conolly? He's 22 while Glencross is 32 and expiring anyways.

Feelss to me they're not even asking about forwards.

Connolly hasn't lived up to his draft position as of yet. As mentioned, he'd likely be in the minors if not for his waiver status. And the Lightning have a plethora of young forwards. They're also trying to win the cup. It's likely they're more inclined to trade him for a defenseman but it's possible they settle on Glencross. Maybe the Flames add in a defenseman like Diaz and the Lightning include a mid round pick.

Also, it's very possible that if Treliving doesn't get an adequate offer come his way that he goes back to Glencross and asks him to further expand his list, otherwise he's not being moved.

Friedman mentioned on Saturday that both team and player continue to work to see if they can make that list grow larger.

Master Bill

Rest in peace, Johnny Hockey
Nov 9, 2014
People are really undervaluing Glenny for some reason. He's the highest scoring winger available on the market this year. Of course, the limiting factor here is that only a few teams can be in in him.

I'm pretty sure anyone in a playoff position needing some scoring will be reachig out to Calgary to inquire about Glenny.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if we get a first or a good prospect, honestly.

That's the thing, even if he is apparently the best winger available in the market, teams still aren't going to overpay just for the sole reason that he is one of the few options available in the market. Any sensible GM wouldn't overpay just for the rarity of a player, if he does, he really shouldn't be working in the NHL.

Hell, if Glencross is wanted by a bunch of NHL teams, wouldn't they have a pretty darn good idea of how he has been and how he will be? His strengths are clear: size up front, good in front of the goalies, good at deflecting pucks, and can score. His weaknesses however have been more evident than his strengths: not enough jump to his game, gives pucks away easily, has trouble making plays, and looks demoralized with the puck.

Teams are going to only pay within the boundaries of his true value, and those boundaries honestly should not be any higher than a 2nd + B-level prospect. If that's what we get, Treliving deserves a victory cigar. Anything better than 3rd + B-level prospect is a success.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
That's the thing, even if he is apparently the best winger available in the market, teams still aren't going to overpay just for the sole reason that he is one of the few options available in the market. Any sensible GM wouldn't overpay just for the rarity of a player, if he does, he really shouldn't be working in the NHL.

Hell, if Glencross is wanted by a bunch of NHL teams, wouldn't they have a pretty darn good idea of how he has been and how he will be? His strengths are clear: size up front, good in front of the goalies, good at deflecting pucks, and can score. His weaknesses however have been more evident than his strengths: not enough jump to his game, gives pucks away easily, has trouble making plays, and looks demoralized with the puck.

Teams are going to only pay within the boundaries of his true value, and those boundaries honestly should not be any higher than a 2nd + B-level prospect. If that's what we get, Treliving deserves a victory cigar. Anything better than 3rd + B-level prospect is a success.

In a world where Paul f'ing Gaustad returned a first, this is absolutely false. I'm going to go ahead and assume you're new to the hockey world.

I would absolutely shoot for Connolly.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
In a world where Paul f'ing Gaustad returned a first, this is absolutely false. I'm going to go ahead and assume you're new to the hockey world.

I would absolutely shoot for Connolly.

Connolly sucks.

Also, the Gaustad trade was years ago, can we please stop using it as a benchmark for the trade deadline? Last year's Vanek deal at the deadline is far more relevant nowadays.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'd look at what Stempniak got last year, a 3rd. Like Glencross, he's affordable, good 2-way player, can play the PK and he provides offence. Glencross in my mind is an upgrade. He's bigger, he's usually more engaged in the game physically, and he's better at scoring. So I see no reason why a 2nd isn't the minimum for a starting point. I could totally see the Flames playing hardball and starting the bidding at a 1st or a 2nd and good prospect. They can always come down as they go.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Also, the Gaustad trade was years ago, can we please stop using it as a benchmark for the trade deadline? Last year's Vanek deal at the deadline is far more relevant nowadays.

I'd say each year is different; and that's why I think Glencross might fetch more than everyone here thinks. It's easy to fall into HF mentality where you want to trade for players, give very little up and make-up for trades using some picks.

I want Player A for Player B; Well, Player A's much better, so we can throw in a 2nd and that makes up for it; you know, like in NHL 15 or I still want Player A; but I don't want to give up prospect A; so I'll give up prospect B, C, D instead... even though they're all low on my depth charts, like in NHL 15.

Paul 'the visor' Gaustad is a good indication that teams will give up assets if they think they'll get them over. Last year there was an abundance of skilled wingers available; that's why none of them garnered any major return. In retrospect Marian Gaborik was the biggest win at the deadline last year.

If it's true that there are a lot of teams swirling around Glenny; then there might just be a decent return on him; who knows?

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Gaustad and Vanek were different deals at different times, just like this years' TDL is going to be different than the others. We don't know what's going to happen.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I'd look at what Stempniak got last year, a 3rd. Like Glencross, he's affordable, good 2-way player, can play the PK and he provides offence. Glencross in my mind is an upgrade. He's bigger, he's usually more engaged in the game physically, and he's better at scoring. So I see no reason why a 2nd isn't the minimum for a starting point. I could totally see the Flames playing hardball and starting the bidding at a 1st or a 2nd and good prospect. They can always come down as they go.

Could be. Could be they initially asked the Ducks for a 1st+, and the Ducks balked. They might be willing to give a 2nd. Guess we shall wait and see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad