Confirmed with Link: Curtis Glencross Traded to Washington for 2nd&3rd Round Picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
If Ducks' GMBM traded Theodore for Glencross/Smid then ANA fans would collectively buy him a one-way ticket to Mosul and let ISIS deal with him. No sensible Ducks fan would suggest trading away our top defensive prospect for an UFA and a cap dump (this coming from someone who likes Glencross and wouldn't mind seeing him play for the Ducks).

If Glencross is traded to Anaheim, he WILL re-sign. I think that's one of (if not THE) top choices for him to go to. I don't think you would have to consider him a rental. Just have to hope you're able to negotiate a reasonable contract.

Smid is definitely a cap dump :naughty:

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
If we worked something out with Chicago I would want a defenseman. I would consider something around any of the following (in no particular order), obviously each has a different value.

David Rundbald (Treliving would know him very well)
Tim Erixon defenseman (Jokes aside, he still has a bunch of potential and has not be used in Chicago)
Trevor Van Riemsdyk (Burke stole his brother from Philly)
Ville Pokka
Stephen Johns
Klas Dahlbeck
Viktor Svedberg
Gustav Forsling
Carl Dahlstrom

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
If we worked something out with Chicago I would want a defenseman. I would consider something around any of the following (in no particular order), obviously each has a different value.

David Rundbald (Treliving would know him very well)
Tim Erixon defenseman (Jokes aside, he still has a bunch of potential and has not be used in Chicago)
Trevor Van Riemsdyk (Burke stole his brother from Philly)
Ville Pokka
Stephen Johns
Klas Dahlbeck
Viktor Svedberg

Bolded are ones that I like a lot. Still dunno about Rundblad but TVR in particular I really like.

No idea about the other guys, except Erixon. I don't even know how I would react if we got Erixon back.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Bolded are ones that I like a lot. Still dunno about Rundblad but TVR in particular I really like.

No idea about the other guys, except Erixon. I don't even know how I would react if we got Erixon back.
I'd trust Treliving on Rundbald; he would know him as well as anyone in the league.

TVR would be my top choice as well, but he is still injured and I just don't see Chicago letting him go.

Erixon I would welcome back because of his ability and with the ability to look back and see that Feaster loved to talk, he loved to sell every move he made. Can we actually believe everything he said about Erixon?

Pokka is an obvious candidate.

Scratch Svedberg, I read his stat line wrong. I saw 35 points in 37 games as a 6'9 monster, but that was his PIM :laugh:

Dahlbeck has seen a few NHL games already and is regarded as an excellent defensive prospect.

Johns is a big, stay at home physical defenseman who is praised for his character.

Forsling just had a great WJC this year for Sweden and came over in the Clendening trade.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I'd trust Treliving on Rundbald; he would know him as well as anyone in the league.

TVR would be my top choice as well, but he is still injured and I just don't see Chicago letting him go.

Erixon I would welcome back because of his ability and with the ability to look back and see that Feaster loved to talk, he loved to sell every move he made. Can we actually believe everything he said about Erixon?

Pokka is an obvious candidate.

Scratch Svedberg, I read his stat line wrong. I saw 35 points in 37 games as a 6'9 monster, but that was his PIM :laugh:

Dahlbeck has seen a few NHL games already and is regarded as an excellent defensive prospect.

Johns is a big, stay at home physical defenseman who is praised for his character.

Forsling just had a great WJC this year for Sweden and came over in the Clendening trade.

The Erixon stuff was obviously truthful on Feaster's part. It wasn't Feaster making a post hoc statement of "lol he refused to sign"; it was weeks of Feaster saying "we are in contract talks and offering the max available ELC" to no avail, followed by a trade to NYR at the last minute. There were dozens of different sources reporting various versions of "Jan Erixon convincing son to try for NYR", "NYR expressing great interest in Erixon", "Erixon likely to re-enter draft", etc.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
The Erixon stuff was obviously truthful on Feaster's part. It wasn't Feaster making a post hoc statement of "lol he refused to sign"; it was weeks of Feaster saying "we are in contract talks and offering the max available ELC" to no avail, followed by a trade to NYR at the last minute. There were dozens of different sources reporting various versions of "Jan Erixon convincing son to try for NYR", "NYR expressing great interest in Erixon", "Erixon likely to re-enter draft", etc.

Actually I think Feaster was stretching the truth about why Erixon wanted to be traded (no NHL time, concerns about being buried on the depth chart, etc.) and actually protected him a bit.

That's a good trade to bring up though - the Flames were in a position where they were forced into a trade (effectively to only one team), and they still got a pretty decent return. Perhaps the Glencross situation will unfold in a similar fashion (getting a pretty decent return).

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Not liking how many people are claiming Sven is ready to replace Glencross on Trade Rumors & Free Agent Talk forum. I dont believe Sven has played well enough to deserve a locked spot on the roster. This is not why we are moving Glencross and if Sven doesnt pan out it is just another shot at us for the other fans.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
How can you believe anything Feaster said? Need I remind you about:

"Jankowski will be the best player in the draft"
"Cervenka is a centre"
"Best 2 goalies not in the NHL"

Everything he said was exaggerated to sell the move. He claimed Erixon refused to sign, he also claimed he guaranteed a roster spot.

Also all the stuff involving Jan Erixon was all speculation, there was never any proof. People assumed he was forcing things, maybe he was just privy to the fact that negotiations were not going well and had the Rangers take advantage.

But I will play devils advocate and let's say everything we assume is true; don't you think that in the 3 years and 3 franchises since then he may have changed some? We'd still give him the best chance to play.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Not liking how many people are claiming Sven is ready to replace Glencross on Trade Rumors & Free Agent Talk forum. I dont believe Sven has played well enough to deserve a locked spot on the roster. This is not why we are moving Glencross and if Sven doesnt pan out it is just another shot at us for the other fans.

I think the best thing to say is that the spot is open for the Adirondack forwards to fight over. Creates competition, which is why I think we were so successful early on in the season. Posters saying that the spot is solely for Sven are mistaken.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

Baertschi's one of the candidates to come up but definitely not the leading one. Granlund was just recalled. When Kerr asked which prospect on the farm would they most likely see called up in the near future, Treliving only stated Shore.

But Baertschi loses his waiver exemption status next season so in the long term, he could end up being Glencross's replacement.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
We have a lot of internal prospects that could maybe fill the void that Glenny's leaving. We have to keep in mind that Glencross is currently playing the 3rd line LW role; something we seem to have an abundance of (bottom 6 wingers).

I keep going to; if this guy did request to be traded... he just needs to be traded, there's no reason holding onto someone that doesn't want to be here. As for leadership qualities... Next year guys like big Joe, Monny , Brodie and Johnny will be a year older, wiser and taking on more of a leadership role.

If there is a deal between Calgary and Chicago... Chicago has a whole lot of nice assets, both in the NHL and in their prospect pools. I looks forward to getting some nice pieces for a Glenny trade. It's better we get something now to help our rebuild move forward, than hold onto a guy who doesn't want to be here and won't sign with us because he thinks he deserves 4+ million a season if not more.

I will also add that if we think we need more leadership; this Free Agent pool is weak, but there's enough 'character' guys available.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Glencross facing unsettling times with NHL trade deadline nearing

“It is tough,†Glencross said. “We’re expecting our third child in April, here. It’s just one of those things where there’s nothing you can really do about it. It’s part of the business, part of the game. It kind of is what it is.

“I get the ultimate say at the end of the day. So, I guess we’ll see what happens.â€
“It’s a tough situation to be in,†Glencross said. “I’ve been in Calgary for seven years now and absolutely love the organization and have a lot of respect for the people upstairs. The fans are great, I love this city, and I’ve been fortunate enough to call it home for seven years, to be at home and play in front of friends and family. Ultimately, it’s a perfect scenario for me.â€
Glencross said if the right opportunity came along — with the management’s blessing — he’d do it.

He also said there have been no conversations over a potential contract extension and he’s been asked to provide a list of team’s he is willing to be traded to.

“The whole idea four years ago was, I’ll play at home and I’ll take a hometown discount to stay here, we’ll bring in a few more players to make our team better,†he said. “It’s just unfortunate the situation I’m in.
Glencross expressed his disappointment with the way he has been utilized lately.

Against the Minnesota Wild in Wednesday’s 3-2 overtime loss, he had 23 shifts, 15 seconds of power play time, and 15:26 of even strength time.

On the ice, he’s been averaging 16:51 minutes — the fifth most on the team among their forwards. By comparison, left-winger Johnny Gaudreau (who has been used liberally on the team’s first-line) is averaging 16:54.

“I feel like I can give more to this team and I can be used more on this team,†said Glencross
Glencross was asked — point-blank — if he wanted to stay in Calgary.

“It’s tough right now,†he said.“It’s not really my decision — it’s the coaches’ decision and an upstairs decision. I don’t really know what’s going to happen.â€

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
That's pretty fair, marbs. Would hate to move a 2nd, but for Theodore? Absolutely. That can allow us to use our 2015 1st on a top end forward.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Theodore's a lefty, not willing to move a 2nd for him. Between Hickey, Wotherspoon, Rafikov, Culkin, Kulak, we have enough lefty D prospects in the system... even if Theodore would jump to the top of our depth chart it would be at the expense of a 2nd. Don't forget guys like Duncan Kieth, Shea Weber, etc are all 2nd round draft picks.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Theodore's a lefty, not willing to move a 2nd for him. Between Hickey, Wotherspoon, Rafikov, Culkin, Kulak, we have enough lefty prospects in the system.

Seriously? Theodore would easily become our best prospect, even before Wotherspoon. Just because we have a lot of LHD's in our system, does not mean they'll all pan out.

May 27, 2012
Earth
The only dmen from the list that I see panning out is Wotherspoon and potentially Culkin. Everyone else. Not so much. This is why we need dmen lol. I don't care if Theodore has 3 arms he would still make our D pool better.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Seriously? Theodore would easily become our best prospect, even before Wotherspoon. Just because we have a lot of LHD's in our system, does not mean they'll all pan out.

Of course not, but if even two of eight pan out, that's still too many LHD. Our top 3 best Dmen right now (Giordano, Brodie age 24, Russell age 27) are all LHD. Let's say Theodore is "the guy" and takes the #3 spot. Now Russell is your #5. But we're still stuck with a 30-something year old Wideman long term, and still in a position where we're searching for our future RHD. At the expense of a 2nd.

All I'm saying is that 2nd could be the RHD we're looking for. And one out of many promising prospects could still be the guy for the Top 4 (My money's on Brandon Hickey, who I actually like more than what I've seen of Theodore).

We have a grand total of ONE righty prospect in our system and that's Ramage, who's a 50/50 shot to be a #6 Dman if he's lucky.

I just think a 2nd is too valuable at this point in the rebuild.

Last edited:

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Of course not, but if even two of eight pan out, that's still too many LHD. Our top 3 best Dmen right now (Giordano, Brodie age 24, Russell age 27) are all LHD. Let's say Theodore is "the guy" and takes the #3 spot. Now Russell is your #5. But we're still stuck with a 30-something year old Wideman long term, and still in a position where we're searching for our future RHD. At the expense of a 2nd.

All I'm saying is that 2nd could be the RHD we're looking for. And one out of many promising prospects could still be the guy for the Top 4 (My money's on Brandon Hickey, who I actually like more than what I've seen of Theodore).

We have a grand total of ONE righty prospect in our system and that's Ramage, who's a 50/50 shot to be a #6 Dman if he's lucky.

I just think a 2nd is too valuable at this point in the rebuild.

Handedness is way overblown. Brodie has played on the right side for the majority of his NHL career at this point, and he's fine. If a guy can effectively play his off-side, that's all that's necessary. Getting a roughly equal number of right/left-handed shots should have only a tiny effect on decision making.

Aug 21, 2014
The only dmen from the list that I see panning out is Wotherspoon and potentially Culkin. Everyone else. Not so much. This is why we need dmen lol. I don't care if Theodore has 3 arms he would still make our D pool better.

If he has 3 arms that just makes him a better defensemen.. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad