Proposal: Coyotes Need an Average Goalie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
How about Fischer and Hayton? We could throw a 2nd your way alongside those two.
That’s a little bit bigger of a deal than I’d probably be interested in. If I’m dealing a piece like Hayton, I’m not sure I want to do it with a stop-gap goalie in mind. It’s like going grocery shopping when you’re hungry. You end up overpaying bay half and you don’t even realize how.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Your gm is only to sell off more assets and make the team even worse as the season progresses. Buckle up.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
What you need a is a Matt Murray. Call in and get him for future considerations!

But wait.. there's more!

If you call right now, we'll throw in a Colin White for the price of Free! That's right.. free!

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Is Schmaltz a zero value asset now? Half read the posts on cold medicine so maybe that’s it.

Would Yotes expand a deal with NYR to include Kravtsov and Georgiev?

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Is Schmaltz a zero value asset now? Half read the posts on cold medicine so maybe that’s it.

Would Yotes expand a deal with NYR to include Kravtsov and Georgiev?
I think Schmaltz is about zero value. He’s very talented and has shown ability in the past. It’s not working out in AZ at all. And he’s got a big contract. But he’s pretty young and really could rebound elsewhere. Heck, look at OEL. He’s been great in Vancouver.

What did you have in mind for Georgiev and Kravtsov? Kessel(50% retained to 3.4aav)?

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I think Schmaltz is about zero value. He’s very talented and has shown ability in the past. It’s not working out in AZ at all. And he’s got a big contract. But he’s pretty young and really could rebound elsewhere. Heck, look at OEL. He’s been great in Vancouver.

What did you have in mind for Georgiev and Kravtsov? Kessel(50% retained to 3.4aav)?
The thing with Kessel is that he’s one and done and may not fit with Turk. We’d look at younger, longer term assets I think. Forwards most likely.

Reactions: bernmeister

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
The thing with Kessel is that he’s one and done and may not fit with Turk. We’d look at younger, longer term assets I think. Forwards most likely.
I don’t think we can retain on Schmaltz. OEL retention is long-term. Can’t have 2/3 spots spoken for already for the next half decade.

I would do Schmaltz and Korenar for Rooney and Georgiev, though. If the Rangers were into it.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I don’t think we can retain on Schmaltz. OEL retention is long-term. Can’t have 2/3 spots spoken for already for the next half decade.

I would do Schmaltz and Korenar for Rooney and Georgiev, though. If the Rangers were into it.
Rooney isn’t going anywhere but if Schmaltz has near zero value, I’d trade Georgie for him straight up

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
two different types of deals with less moving assets

Anton Forsberg +2nd round pick for Kessel

or

Anton Forsberg+Josh Brown for Stralman

Ottawa has Gus waiting who can come in and play now. I doubt Arizona would want to take on Murray's contract. Both potential moves address a position of need for Ottawa. Arizona picks up a goalie for cheap and depending on which deal it is they also pick up a pick. Arizona is taking a bit of a gamble on Forsberg in terms of his ability to be a starter/play a lot of games consistently but he has a career 0.905 sv% so he should give you that performance of being good enough to not be embarrassing while still allowing Arizona to tank for Wright. Dont know how highly Stralman or Kessel are valued in Arizona atm.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
two different types of deals with less moving assets

Anton Forsberg +2nd round pick for Kessel

or

Anton Forsberg+Josh Brown for Stralman

Ottawa has Gus waiting who can come in and play now. I doubt Arizona would want to take on Murray's contract. Both potential moves address a position of need for Ottawa. Arizona picks up a goalie for cheap and depending on which deal it is they also pick up a pick. Arizona is taking a bit of a gamble on Forsberg in terms of his ability to be a starter/play a lot of games consistently but he has a career 0.905 sv% so he should give you that performance of being good enough to not be embarrassing while still allowing Arizona to tank for Wright. Dont know how highly Stralman or Kessel are valued in Arizona atm.
I’d do Forsberg and a 2nd for Kessel. Forsberg isn’t EXACTLY what I’m looking for, but he’s enough to push Hutton out of the picture and could potentially make a passable tandem with Vejmelka.

Reactions: TheNewEra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad