Proposal: Coyotes Need an Average Goalie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I've watched a couple of Hutton's games, and while he's cooked, the team in front of him is at least as bad as he is. They hung him out to dry so many times it's like they were doing it on purpose. I've seen some Coyotes fans trying to suggest that an NHL caliber goalie of any kind will steal the occasional goal, but an NHL caliber team will consistently play far better D, too.

So, sure, get a better goalie if at least because it's more fun to watch, but if you aren't also improving the skaters, it's not especially practical.
Vasilevsky would be 0-4 for the Yotes right now. It ain’t about that.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
What about a KHL goalie then? Why I am saying these suggestions is because of cost. I wouldn't want to give up any futures for a stop gag. Just not worth it.

Or you could bring in the best female goalie out there (more as publicity stunt if it doesn't work out and maybe sell a few more tickets along the way). You really don't have anything else to lose at this point.
Well, I don’t think our GM is stoned out of his mind. So I’m thinking maybe just an average NHL goalie would be a good idea, instead of all that insane stuff you just said. :)

Reactions: ManofSteel55

Sam Pollock

Mar 1, 2013
Calgary
Well, I don’t think our GM is stoned out of his mind. So I’m thinking maybe just an average NHL goalie would be a good idea, instead of all that insane stuff you just said. :)
The other alternative is to wait for the waiver wire and see if you can upgrade there. Shouldn't be too hard.

As for the female goalie option, I think it's a genius idea. If it works out, everyone will love it and North America (if not the world) will know who the Coyotes are. If it doesn't, you have the best odds for the 2022 draft. Win/win.

As for your GM, he pretty much signed Hutton with this kind of start in mind so I think this season is going according to plan in his eyes.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

I don't think it matters what goaltending is in front of you. Half the team is filled with players that have nothing to play for anymore, and the rest know that the team is going to suck. All the players that gave a damn or put in effort are gone. The young players are all comfortable as they have nothing to fight for, as the Coyotes still want to develop them. So outside of a select few, the players are more or less happy to collect a paycheck. There's no player that's going to step up and lead the team this year.

It's the beginning of a losing culture, this is what happens when teams go the scorched earth build. Based off how the 'Yotes have played so far, I don't think an average goaltender is going to change the outcome of the team having a historically bad season or not.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I don't think it matters what goaltending is in front of you. Half the team is filled with players that have nothing to play for anymore, and the rest know that the team is going to suck. All the players that gave a damn or put in effort are gone. The young players are all comfortable as they have nothing to fight for, as the Coyotes still want to develop them. So outside of a select few, the players are more or less happy to collect a paycheck. There's no player that's going to step up and lead the team this year.

It's the beginning of a losing culture, this is what happens when teams go the scorched earth build. Based off how the 'Yotes have played so far, I don't think an average goaltender is going to change the outcome of the team having a historically bad season or not.
I completely disagree with every bit of this. Most of the Coyotes roster is extremely motivated because this could be their last chance. It’s a hungry group. They have almost no skill whatsoever.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
The other alternative is to wait for the waiver wire and see if you can upgrade there. Shouldn't be too hard.

As for the female goalie option, I think it's a genius idea. If it works out, everyone will love it and North America (if not the world) will know who the Coyotes are. If it doesn't, you have the best odds for the 2022 draft. Win/win.

As for your GM, he pretty much signed Hutton with this kind of start in mind so I think this season is going according to plan in his eyes.
Or, ya know, trade…like the point of this thread you keep posting in…

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I completely disagree with every bit of this. Most of the Coyotes roster is extremely motivated because this could be their last chance. It’s a hungry group. They have almost no skill whatsoever.

If I may add...Good goaltending will help your team develop. Any team.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
What about a KHL goalie then? Why I am saying these suggestions is because of cost. I wouldn't want to give up any futures for a stop gag. Just not worth it.

Or you could bring in the best female goalie out there (more as publicity stunt if it doesn't work out and maybe sell a few more tickets along the way). You really don't have anything else to lose at this point.

That would be purely a publicity stunt and would be horrible for womens hockey. An elite NHL goalie would not look good on this team. Putting in a female goalie who has zero experience against professional men is going to have a horrible result. The best hope would be the opposing team scores a couple and coasts the rest of the game.

The publicity stunt would quickly turn into bad publicity.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I would do that. Yes.

I don't as Detroit.

That puts our ass in the jackpot with goalie as well and even though Kessel is by far the best player in that trade... I don't see what he brings to a Detroit team that is largely in the same mix as Arizona for not being particularly great. If we were further in the rebuild, maybe. But Greiss is worlds better than Hutton.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
That would be purely a publicity stunt and would be horrible for womens hockey. An elite NHL goalie would not look good on this team. Putting in a female goalie who has zero experience against professional men is going to have a horrible result. The best hope would be the opposing team scores a couple and coasts the rest of the game.

The publicity stunt would quickly turn into bad publicity.
I believe Mr. Pollock got an early start on the weekend. I’m taking it as cocktail hour levity. :)

Last edited:

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I don't as Detroit.

That puts our ass in the jackpot with goalie as well and even though Kessel is by far the best player in that trade... I don't see what he brings to a Detroit team that is largely in the same mix as Arizona for not being particularly great. If we were further in the rebuild, maybe. But Greiss is worlds better than Hutton.

He brings Detroit a very nice trade chip.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

No, that's incredibly stupid and everyone would call it out as the ludicrous publicity stunt that it would be.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
He brings Detroit a very nice trade chip.

Who they acquired for a backup goalie, a 4th round pick, and a B prospect. Seems like a lot of steps to take when we could just deal like Tyler Bertuzzi and get a great return without jumping through several hoops and putting us in Arizona's goalie jackpot.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Great. Go trade assets for a backup goalie in a meaningless season. Good luck spinning your wheels in a circle ya know.
:facepalm: Missing out on the very late 2nd or 3rd round pick we might get for Kessel at the deadline because they traded him for a goalie will NOT hurt the rebuild. It’s a drop in the bucket. Meaningless.

Losing games by an average score of 2.0 to 5.5 every night will absolutely destroy a rebuild. The coach will immediately lose al credibility, the tenuous leadership group will crumble, younger core players like Chychrun and Keller will want out and rookies breaking in like Hayton, Soderstrom and Timmins will be exposed to an absolutely toxic environment.

Some of us have been around long enough to see what successful rebuilds look like versus failed ones. Single 3rd round picks are never the difference. The toxicity of unrelenting and ceaseless humiliations is often the difference. You can be the worst team this season without being the worst team of the last decade. And the difference between those two things means nothing to the Wright sweepstakes and everything to the culture.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Could've has Koskinen AND EDM 2022 1st for Phil about a month ago

Oilers can't afford to make a straight up swap now that all other goalie options on the market are gone and Smith+Stalock injured

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
If I'm you, I target Georgiev. Trading for one Rangers backup worked out pretty decently with Raanta. Go to that well again. If not there, then maybe sniff around Vanecek in Washington or the waiver wire.

Reactions: bernmeister

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It seems like it's either salary dump or wait for someone to hit waivers. No one seems to be in the salary dump for goalies right now, and especially now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad