Rumor: Coyotes among many teams interested in Jacob Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Just because a rival fan doesn't believe he is not worth the "HF asking price" doesn't mean said fan thinks he has no value.

Believing that the HF fan value is too high, and believing the kid (any kid) has good value are not mutually exclusive

It probably bugs me more than it should but its brutal logic and is posted way to frequently.

Quadruple negatives are way beyond my reading comprehension!

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
It does fit team needs.

I'd propose something like:

Gardiner
Nielsen
Middleton

For

Trouba
Phillips

Not a deal I think the Jets would take, it's kinda meh. I highly suspect there would be much more exciting offers made to Chevy.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
There's other speculating rumours as well why Trouba's game has been on the decline since his rookie season, which haven't been made public.

Since he's much better now that in his rookie year perhaps we need to take these "rumours" with a grain of salt.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I agree. The people of Winnipeg will be stunned. By the fact they won't get anywhere near what they expect they will.

That's what a thought about trading Ladd..... I was very wrong and excited to see what we acquired for an older player. I think we could make out like Bandits trading Trouba if he is not committed to signing with us.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
How about

Trouba

For

Domi
ARI 2nd

Certainly value wise, you're offering good value. But Domi doesn't fill any dire need, but if we couldn't get a trade to fill a need (LHD) then this one is a good one.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
That's what a thought about trading Ladd..... I was very wrong and excited to see what we acquired for an older player. I think we could make out like Bandits trading Trouba if he is not committed to signing with us.

I don't think so, because he is not signed. If he was signed, like Larson was, then yes you would get a better return. The team trading for him will have to have a good idea of what he would sign for from his agent, but they are still taking the risk.

It won't be a Larson/Jones type of return, more like a Hamilton return. A player(Reider/Stone), prospect(not Strome/DVO) and a pick will get it done. The return will likely not be a high end LHD but some assets the Peg can use giving them the ability to make other deals and some roster flexibility.

I can see why Trouba wants out, doesn't want to play on the left side or potentially be third pairing. The Coyotes would be a great landing spot for him, as he would be partnered with OEL most likely on the first pair. There isn't a better partner for Trouba than OEL in the NHL.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
I don't think so, because he is not signed. If he was signed, like Larson was, then yes you would get a better return. The team trading for him will have to have a good idea of what he would sign for from his agent, but they are still taking the risk.

It won't be a Larson/Jones type of return, more like a Hamilton return. A player(Reider/Stone), prospect(not Strome/DVO) and a pick will get it done. The return will likely not be a high end LHD but some assets the Peg can use giving them the ability to make other deals and some roster flexibility.

I can see why Trouba wants out, doesn't want to play on the left side or potentially be third pairing. The Coyotes would be a great landing spot for him, as he would be partnered with OEL most likely on the first pair. There isn't a better partner for Trouba than OEL in the NHL.

Your post is 100% opinion based. Not fact, like you're trying to sell us on.

Winnipeg isn't shopping Trouba. Teams have inquired about his availability, that's all. Supply and demand.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Earlier in the off season it was said Colorado inquired about Trouba and apparently offered Duchene or Landeskog. Also thought is they inquired about Lindholm in Anaheim with Landeskog rumored to be who they offered there also so regardless of what fans think on these trade boards... Trouba has huge value. I think the Jets sign him but if not.... that's the type of deal you will see.... similar to Jones for RyJo. It won't be quantity. It will be quality. 1 for 1 type of stuff. Jets don't have much need for quantity. They need quality and more specifically LHD and Jake Gardiner and the sorts aren't exactly what they are looking for. Trouba not being signed is irrelevant to GM'S. These Trouba threads are borderline stupidity now tho... I'll say this if jets fans overvalue him... fans of other teams very much underrate him BIG TIME.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Ummm, they will first let Poolman finish his year in school and then sign him as is planned. I didn't state Poolman had to be as good as Trouba; I've already stated twice in this thread though that all he has to do to start is to play behind Buff and Myers om the right side in a year or two from now. By then Morrissey will likely be filling an offensive d-man role, and Poolman has some skills in that area as well, he can actually move the puck and is a fantastic skater.

Nice attempt at paraphrasing though. You won't need to replace Trouba in a few years (if need be) with an identical player by the way. In a few years time the construction of the Jets D will look different than it does today. That is kind of the point.

Let's hope that plan works because I think he is able to be a free agent next summer. The D makeup will definitely be different but it will be Trouba here and not Myers.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Poolman is from North Dakota isn't he? He also only stayed in school to play with his brother. Most times when a player goes the FA route in college it's to play closer to home. Pretty sure Winnipeg is about as close to home as it gets for Poolman. Plus he doesn't seem to be that type of person. He will sign when his season is over and honestly. Isn't he LHD?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
He shoots right and there are no guarantees about who he signs with next year....none.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
If the Jets dealt Trouba I could only see a similar prospect/player coming back..

ie..

to Ducks for Lindholm
to Flyers for Provorov
to BJ for Murray..
to Oilers for Klefbom

some of these would need tweaking...

I just don't see how the jets are further ahead by dealing him for a package...we need a d-man back..and someone that can fit into the lineup either now or very soon.

I wonder what the jets would have to add to get Ekman-Larsson.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
If the Jets dealt Trouba I could only see a similar prospect/player coming back..

ie..

to Ducks for Lindholm
to Flyers for Provorov
to BJ for Murray..
to Oilers for Klefbom

some of these would need tweaking...

I just don't see how the jets are further ahead by dealing him for a package...we need a d-man back..and someone that can fit into the lineup either now or very soon.

I wonder what the jets would have to add to get Ekman-Larsson.

Alot. His contract is pretty sweet. I don't know how he got conned into that

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Your post is 100% opinion based. Not fact, like you're trying to sell us on.

Winnipeg isn't shopping Trouba. Teams have inquired about his availability, that's all. Supply and demand.

It's a message board, everyone has an opinion, that is why we are here. Speaking of facts, you have no way to know that they are not shopping Trouba, 100% speculation on your part. Teams always say they are not shopping somebody.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad