Rumor: Coyotes among many teams interested in Jacob Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
It's a message board, everyone has an opinion, that is why we are here. Speaking of facts, you have no way to know that they are not shopping Trouba, 100% speculation on your part. Teams always say they are not shopping somebody.

There have been zero reports that indicate that the Jets plan is to shop Trouba and many reports talking about their desire to sign him.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
There have been zero reports that indicate that the Jets plan is to shop Trouba and many reports talking about their desire to sign him.

So what? Doesn't mean they aren't going to or are thinking about trading him. They don't have to send out a bulk email for teams to know he might be available.

Barness01

Jan 28, 2016
To ANA: Dvorak+2018 1st(ARI)

To ARI:Trouba

To WPG: Fowler+ 2017 2nd(ANA)

Just brainstorming here

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
why dont the jets just re sign Trouba?

They are in the process of negotiating. Sometimes, the negotiations take time. It's completely and perfectly natural. The problem is, HF doesn't understand that. If every contract doesn't get signed by the end of July 1st, the player is gone for good. That's logic right there.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Some people treat him like he's a surefire franchise dman, and people who disagree with that consider him overrated as a result.

Can you please indicate who has called him 'a surefire franchise Dman' or even quote a single post that has said that?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
So what? Doesn't mean they aren't going to or are thinking about trading him. They don't have to send out a bulk email for teams to know he might be available.

Because Chevy is one of the most tight lipped mother****ers around, making the other GMs and their front offices look like Gawker or TMZ in comparison. If word was really out to the other GM's that he were available, somebody would have broken that already. I mean, it's no secret that Darren Dreger has ties to Dave Nonis, currently of the Anaheim Ducks, to the point where Dreger was actively bargaining for the Ducks through social media this past TDL. If Trouba were truly available, one of the Insiders would have ferreted it out. Instead, all we have is radio silence on the entire front, save for a couple of excerpts where they believe teams have reached out to the Jets for his services. Hell, even when Chevy was forced to trade Evander Kane a couple of seasons ago, we all knew it was coming, but nobody expected it literally two days after the infamous tracksuit incident.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They won't continue to have the best prospect pool if they use them to trade for players well on the wrong side of 30.

But A I didn't say I wanted Trobua

B he's 22 unless your response is a reference to my Scott Hartnell thread In which case I have made my feelings known on that, his price wouldn't be a blue chip,prospect a guy like Fredrik Gauthier who will be a 3rd line C at best is more than fair.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Because Chevy is one of the most tight lipped mother****ers around, making the other GMs and their front offices look like Gawker or TMZ in comparison. If word was really out to the other GM's that he were available, somebody would have broken that already. I mean, it's no secret that Darren Dreger has ties to Dave Nonis, currently of the Anaheim Ducks, to the point where Dreger was actively bargaining for the Ducks through social media this past TDL. If Trouba were truly available, one of the Insiders would have ferreted it out. Instead, all we have is radio silence on the entire front, save for a couple of excerpts where they believe teams have reached out to the Jets for his services. Hell, even when Chevy was forced to trade Evander Kane a couple of seasons ago, we all knew it was coming, but nobody expected it literally two days after the infamous tracksuit incident.

We don't need an insider to figure out if Trouba is available. With the Peg RHD depth, the salary cap era, expansion coming, Trouba being unsigned, and the need around the NHL for top 4 RHD's, that would lead most objective observers to believe Trouba is available and might be traded for some solid assets. If anyone thinks that trading Trouba is not a viable option for Chevy, they are not thinking realistically. It doesn't matter who called who first because any GM in Chevy's position would know that moving Trouba is an option.

Chevy isn't stupid and is a solid GM, I agree with that. But what if Trouba says he wants a 6 year deal at 6 mill+, won't play on his off hand, and wants top pairing minutes? If Trouba thinks he is going to be a 1RHD, the peg is not the place for him. He could ask for a 1 year deal too.

I might be wrong, but standing pat, Trouba signing a multi year deal at a reasonable price, and playing his off hand, is not likely. I think there will be a move made before the season starts. It might be other D men so Chevy can place a big long term bet on trouba or he is likely traded.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
We don't need an insider to figure out if Trouba is available. With the Peg RHD depth, the salary cap era, expansion coming, Trouba being unsigned, and the need around the NHL for top 4 RHD's, that would lead most objective observers to believe Trouba is available and might be traded for some solid assets. If anyone thinks that trading Trouba is not a viable option for Chevy, they are not thinking realistically. It doesn't matter who called who first because any GM in Chevy's position would know that moving Trouba is an option.

Chevy isn't stupid and is a solid GM, I agree with that. But what if Trouba says he wants a 6 year deal at 6 mill+, won't play on his off hand, and wants top pairing minutes? If Trouba thinks he is going to be a 1RHD, the peg is not the place for him. He could ask for a 1 year deal too.

I might be wrong, but standing pat, Trouba signing a multi year deal at a reasonable price, and playing his off hand, is not likely. I think there will be a move made before the season starts. It might be other D men so Chevy can place a big long term bet on trouba or he is likely traded.

I'll play along. Gladly pay Trouba 6x6 and play him top 4 rhd behind Buff. Then trade Myers, for LHD D and or prospect. Shouldn't ever trade Trouba and keep Myers. Only exception to this is if you can trade Trouba for Lindholm type of young LHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad